Active Shooter Preparedness - a study in multiple parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
    SCADA security tends to be really bad, I mean really bad, I don't even mean you need to be a sophisticated hacker to break into one of these systems, worse yet a lot of them don't have any capability to detect intruders.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCADA

Pretty much you can follow the same methodology used in this video.

Yeah basically if you watch that video and a couple of defcon SCADA hacking videos, and maybe a few Metasploit framework videos you could do some real damage to real infrastructure.
    When I was bored at my old job I would use my spectrum analyzer and transmitter to open close garage doors while people were near their door just because that shit is funny to me.
    I bet some of them still talk about the day their garage door was possessed

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
      When I was bored at my old job I would use my spectrum analyzer and transmitter to open close garage doors while people were near their door just because that shit is funny to me.
      I bet some of them still talk about the day their garage door was possessed
      Yeah, when I was younger we use to play a lot more of those type of pranks, if you did get caught it would only be a slap on the wrist.
      Now? Now you would probably face some serious shit.

Comment

Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
        That's some serious terrain, what are those, fire roads or something?
        That my friend is the 49th Parallel...it's cleared all the way from Minnesota to Washington. There are little survey flags in the middle to mark the border (in some places).

Comment

Anyway...
          http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/03...l?intcmp=hpbt1

Comment

BKR, having read the news article on the police raid it struck me that as much as people talk about martial arts as self-defense during major criminal events, when guns are involved unarmed combat realistically takes a very minor role, or no role at all. A policeman once told me a well used truism: Never bring a knife to a gun fight. It's an even worse mental image if you think of someone running around with just hands and feet in the middle of a police counter-terrorism raid.

I am a big advocate for unarmed training, but reality thinking must prevail.

30 years ago, I went to a seminar on terrorism. During the question and answer period after the formal presentations, a woman stood up and asked something about "Why can't people just use pepper spray to over power terrorists? It works on television." The presenters were stunned and had no answer except something like "This isn't television."

Everything has a place. Unarmed combat has a place, even in the 21st century. However, misapplication of any principle or tool only leads to damage. I suspect there was something related to this idea in your posting of the news article?

Comment

Originally posted by mrtnira View Post
              BKR, having read the news article on the police raid it struck me that as much as people talk about martial arts as self-defense during major criminal events, when guns are involved unarmed combat realistically takes a very minor role, or no role at all. A policeman once told me a well used truism: Never bring a knife to a gun fight. It's an even worse mental image if you think of someone running around with just hands and feet in the middle of a police counter-terrorism raid.

I am a big advocate for unarmed training, but reality thinking must prevail.

30 years ago, I went to a seminar on terrorism. During the question and answer period after the formal presentations, a woman stood up and asked something about "Why can't people just use pepper spray to over power terrorists? It works on television." The presenters were stunned and had no answer except something like "This isn't television."

Everything has a place. Unarmed combat has a place, even in the 21st century. However, misapplication of any principle or tool only leads to damage. I suspect there was something related to this idea in your posting of the news article?
              Sharing news. Plus, pointing out that even guns versus guns is a dicey proposition, let alone "duck and cover" type advice, or duck and run, etc.

Comment

Yeah cyber security
                http://news.softpedia.com/news/hacke...t-502043.shtml
                Hackers can fuck with water treatment parameters.

https://youtu.be/coDtzN6bXAM

Comment

Quick update - I have just secured training from one company, after a lengthy sales call. So, a few more days before the next episode.
                  Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X