Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Learning online. Can it be done? Are they any good teachers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    I hope your knee recovers quickly. Knees are surprisingly useful.
    I've found them to be somewhat useful. After laying around 2 days with ice on it and elevated on a yoga ball, and eating Ibuprofen like candy, it's responding positively. Which is good because I have two huge days of work on Monday and Tuesday, so not being able to walk is not a viable option.

I was planning on going fishing this weekend, too, had a window of sun this morning, now it's raining again.

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
      Yes, pretty much ! We use Kale (my wife introduced me to Caldo Verde), but I like collards a lot. We use garlic, onion, salt,and olive oil, plus or minus bacon or ham (less salt needed if adding bacon/ham). No collards at store, so I got rainbow Chard, Kale, and some dandelion greens. Will make it tonight, as yesterday my knee hurt so bad I couldn't stand up anymore.

Never used potatoes in it, though, would be good for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
        Yes, pretty much ! We use Kale (my wife introduced me to Caldo Verde), but I like collards a lot.
        Try the north the Portuguese border variety: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caldo_gallego.

My favourite is the one made with rapini instead of kale or collards.

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
          Try the north the Portuguese border variety: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caldo_gallego.

My favourite is the one made with rapini instead of kale or collards.
          I LOVE rapini, my wife once again introduced me to that as well. That and Broccolini are delicious. It's hard to get around here, in fact, she got the produce manager to order a box last year. We probably bought and ate all of it ourselves.

Typically, it doesn't end up with much broth in it for us, more like sauteed veggies.

Comment

Originally posted by HarshMallow View Post
            Judging from this thread Sovvolf, it appears you *can* learn online from good teachers -- because you just did (benefit of the doubt :-).
            Actually we all kinda agreed to give him wrong advice.

Last edited by ksennin; 3/14/2016 11:03am, .

Comment

Originally posted by ksennin View Post
              Actually we all kinda agreed to give him wrong advice.

Face to foot style, how do you like it?
              "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Sovvolf View Post
                Face to foot style, how do you like it?
                Honestly, I think I have been practicing that style for a couple of decades...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X