Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saenchai Sends For McGregor

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Saenchai Sends For McGregor

    Haven't seen a thread on this so in case anyone hasn't seen it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQoaB-2_JAY
    Thoughts?

    #2
    Originally posted by Mandem View Post
    Haven't seen a thread on this so in case anyone hasn't seen it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQoaB-2_JAY
    Thoughts?
    I'm far too lazy to watch vids without at least some explanation as to what the fucking hell the story is about, so hey how about some cliffs k??

    Comment


      #3
      After last night...

      Nobody cares.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by BJMills View Post
        After last night...

        Nobody cares.
        I think that's a bit of a stretch. I think that what last night really showed was that Conor can't handle a really solid boxer. What that means is that the best MT fighter/kickboxer on earth would fuck his shit up.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
          I think that's a bit of a stretch. I think that what last night really showed was that Conor can't handle a really solid boxer. What that means is that the best MT fighter/kickboxer on earth would fuck his shit up.
          Probably. Although, paper thin as it is compared to Nate, Conor probably has a ground game advantage on him. But my point was more that Conor needs to defend the featherweight belt before looking for crazy match ups again. I'm not convinced he gets past Edgar.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by BJMills View Post
            Probably. Although, paper thin as it is compared to Nate, Conor probably has a ground game advantage on him. But my point was more that Conor needs to defend the featherweight belt before looking for crazy match ups again. I'm not convinced he gets past Edgar.
            His issue vs Nate was reach. He has a much longer reach than Edgar. I think he can beat Edgar, but it's not a given. It all comes down to his takedown defense.

            Comment


              #7
              I think his issue vs Nate was also durability. Nate could take Conor's shots, Conor couldn't take Nate's. Not at the volume Nate throws them.

              I'm not saying Edgar is a lock either. Conor is heavy handed. But Edgar is hard to hit, has energy for days, and is the best wrestler in the division.

              In my mind Edgar should be the favorite going into the fight.

              On a completely separate note I'd love to see Senchai fight mma but he's definitely in the hole as far as his ground game.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
                I'm far too lazy to watch vids without at least some explanation as to what the fucking hell the story is about, so hey how about some cliffs k??
                Basically Saenchai is considered by many people to be the best Muay Thai fighter in the world. It has been announced that he is going to train at Tristar Gym and is considering a move to MMA. When asked if he could win against McGregor he said something along the lines of "definitely".

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Mandem View Post
                  Basically Saenchai is considered by many people to be the best Muay Thai fighter in the world. It has been announced that he is going to train at Tristar Gym and is considering a move to MMA. When asked if he could win against McGregor he said something along the lines of "definitely".
                  That's never going to happen. The only reason he said that is because people keep asking him specifically about it, and Saenchai is down to fight anyone. Saenchai is way too old to make a serious run at a new sport. The best we can hope for is that he shows off what actual top tier striking looks like in the cage, and Muay Thai gets a little more traction in MMA to shake the misconception that it's all about standing flatfooted and trading kicks.

                  Comment

                  Collapse

                  Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                  Working...
                  X