Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I did a small experiment on brass knuckles.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I did a small experiment on brass knuckles.

    So I hope this is the right forum I am putting this out there so people can read this and take what they will or do more experiments based on this or tell me I am full of it. If this is not the right section will you please move this but please can you keep this somewhere so this information can be somewhat available. Anywho I grabbed a belt buckle brass knuckle set that I had and I tried to punch a board to break it the brass knuckles slipped in my hand cuz my hand was sweaty and they hurt the inside of my hand and the board did not break. I then grabbed another board and set it up and broke through that board with my fist. I did the same thing with a kubotan and it just left an indent in the board and the board did not break I then took another bored and broke that with a karate chop. I then broke the other two boards with my fist.

    I tried to make this as scientific as possible used the same type of boards and such. Maybe I'm coming to the wrong conclusion but the items in my hand did not seem to work as well as my hand because I could not get a good feel for where they hit and such. And the fact that I was able to break the board without them kind of leads me to the conclusion that they do not work that well. What are your guys's thoughts?

    Thank you for your time.

    #2
    Your experience sounds right. Theres a certain way to hold a knuckle duster/brass knuckles and its uncomfortable. So you finding that your fist works better is due to can use your fist to your max capability cos you know it better. People who do TMAs may feel the same if they put on some boxing gloves for example. Considering you can break boards with your fist then shows its good enough and you dont need brass knuckles.

    the cons far outweigh the pros. Alot of wannabe tough guys put them on like they're rings, your more likely to hurt yourself more than the other guy.

    The main reason i dont like brass knuckles or that kubotan thing is well how can you grapple with on of those in your hand? Ending a fight with single strike is too low of a chance to warrant one of these things.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by mewtwo View Post
      I did the same thing with a kubotan and it just left an indent in the board and the board did not break
      Don't know what you were doing wrong there, I've gone through boards with kubotans before just fine. These metal objects reduce surface area and increase the pressure of the impact so... Actually, fuck it, why does it even matter whether or not the board broke? A board breaks because the force of your punch causes it to bend further than it can handle. That's not necessarily a lot, wood doesn't handle flexion anywhere near as well as it handles compression. You say you dented the wood with the kubotan (so compressed it)? That means the kubotan accomplished what it's supposed to, focusing force on a smaller point than your fist resulting in a different kind of damage.


      Originally posted by Kravbizarre View Post
      The main reason i dont like brass knuckles or that kubotan thing is well how can you grapple with on of those in your hand?
      Got a partner to roll with me while using those pocket sticks, it worked out fine. You let the end stick out of either end of your fist and use it to hook no gi grips. Whenever you bring your hands together for what would be a gable grip you just hold each end of the stick. Helps when the stick is ribbed for gripping, like a fighting dildo.

      Comment


        #4
        Got a partner to roll with me while using those pocket sticks, it worked out fine. You let the end stick out of either end of your fist and use it to hook no gi grips. Whenever you bring your hands together for what would be a gable grip you just hold each end of the stick. Helps when the stick is ribbed for gripping, like a fighting dildo.

        I just gotta say this zombie go boom proved that dildos are not good in a fight. At least they're not good to kill a zombie. Will post the YouTube video if I get an OK from someone.

        Comment


          #5
          Jonny Knoxville lost a tooth to a dildo. Think about that next time you're picking your street kit.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by mewtwo View Post
            So I hope this is the right forum I am putting this out there so people can read this and take what they will or do more experiments based on this or tell me I am full of it. If this is not the right section will you please move this but please can you keep this somewhere so this information can be somewhat available. Anywho I grabbed a belt buckle brass knuckle set that I had and I tried to punch a board to break it the brass knuckles slipped in my hand cuz my hand was sweaty and they hurt the inside of my hand and the board did not break. I then grabbed another board and set it up and broke through that board with my fist. I did the same thing with a kubotan and it just left an indent in the board and the board did not break I then took another bored and broke that with a karate chop. I then broke the other two boards with my fist.

            I tried to make this as scientific as possible used the same type of boards and such. Maybe I'm coming to the wrong conclusion but the items in my hand did not seem to work as well as my hand because I could not get a good feel for where they hit and such. And the fact that I was able to break the board without them kind of leads me to the conclusion that they do not work that well. What are your guys's thoughts?

            Thank you for your time.

            Comment


              #7
              I am glad so many people on here have this figured out.

              Comment


                #8

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Kravbizarre View Post
                  Your experience sounds right. Theres a certain way to hold a knuckle duster/brass knuckles and its uncomfortable. So you finding that your fist works better is due to can use your fist to your max capability cos you know it better. People who do TMAs may feel the same if they put on some boxing gloves for example. Considering you can break boards with your fist then shows its good enough and you dont need brass knuckles.

                  the cons far outweigh the pros. Alot of wannabe tough guys put them on like they're rings, your more likely to hurt yourself more than the other guy.

                  The main reason i dont like brass knuckles or that kubotan thing is well how can you grapple with on of those in your hand? Ending a fight with single strike is too low of a chance to warrant one of these things.
                  thank you I could not agree more.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Kravbizarre View Post
                    Theres a certain way to hold a knuckle duster/brass knuckles and its uncomfortable.
                    Its pretty intuitive actually.

                    Considering you can break boards with your fist then shows its good enough and you dont need brass knuckles.
                    Breaking boards with your fist doesn't show much of anything.

                    Alot of wannabe tough guys put them on like they're rings, your more likely to hurt yourself more than the other guy.
                    You're fucking up bad if you're more likely to hurt yourself.

                    The main reason i dont like brass knuckles or that kubotan thing is well how can you grapple with on of those in your hand? Ending a fight with single strike is too low of a chance to warrant one of these things.
                    You should be able to grapple pretty much the same with brass knuckles, because you can open your hand and grab while wearing them.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                      Its pretty intuitive actually.


                      Breaking boards with your fist doesn't show much of anything.


                      You're fucking up bad if you're more likely to hurt yourself.


                      You should be able to grapple pretty much the same with brass knuckles, because you can open your hand and grab while wearing them.
                      How many grappling fights have you been in and how easy was it with a pair of brass knuckles or something else in your hand? Yes I can pick up stuff with brass knuckles in my hand but is a lot easier when they are not there.

                      Breaking a board as I did was more meant to show that the brass knuckles twisted in my hand and I didn't get a good punch I would rather have a good punch then an awkward punch with something else in my list to complicate matters.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by mewtwo View Post
                        How many grappling fights have you been in and how easy was it with a pair of brass knuckles or something else in your hand? Yes I can pick up stuff with brass knuckles in my hand but is a lot easier when they are not there.
                        My old profile pic was me backmounting someone in a Dog Bros stick fight. But that's a different dynamic because its like a handle. I've done similar sparring where either/both fighters pull hidden training knives while grappling. I've grappled in kempo gloves and hockey gloves that made it more awkward than brass knuckles would've been. I've concluded that what's on the hands is a small detail of grappling, all things considered.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by mewtwo View Post
                          Breaking a board as I did was more meant to show that the brass knuckles twisted in my hand and I didn't get a good punch I would rather have a good punch then an awkward punch with something else in my list to complicate matters.
                          So you set out to show that the brass knuckles would twist, then you hit in a way that they twisted, and you called it an experiment?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                            So you set out to show that the brass knuckles would twist, then you hit in a way that they twisted, and you called it an experiment?
                            What makes you think that I hit in a certain way to make them twist?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                              My old profile pic was me backmounting someone in a Dog Bros stick fight. But that's a different dynamic because its like a handle. I've done similar sparring where either/both fighters pull hidden training knives while grappling. I've grappled in kempo gloves and hockey gloves that made it more awkward than brass knuckles would've been. I've concluded that what's on the hands is a small detail of grappling, all things considered.
                              So how many fights have you woren brass knuckles in?

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X