No announcement yet.

Does powerlifting work in real fights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's pretty well established that touch-and-go bench is more street-effective than PL bench

Comment

Doesn't count. He used too much spleen.

Originally posted by Dave Reslo View Post
      It's pretty well established that touch-and-go bench is more street-effective than PL bench

Comment

Squats must be performed like this for proper cultivation of chi and defense against Krav groin strikes.

Comment

I don't remember ever watching a strong guy loosing a fight against a weaker guy and then sighing "damn, i wish i was not that strong"

Comment

Originally posted by Kovacs View Post
            I've never seen a fight where 'being too strong' is a disadvantage.
            There are certainly instances where time might have been better spent doing things other than strength training.

Comment

Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
              There are certainly instances where time might have been better spent doing things other than strength training.
              Strength is a good attribute but when Mario Pudz. fought Tim Sylvia that shit was a massacre. The world's strongest man vs. Declined mma champ. Mma by KO.
              If guys choose to get huge they have to finish their fights early or lactic acidosis sets in and then the fight will slip from their fingers. For reference see Carwin,Shane.
              They may never "wish to be weaker" but they wish they weren't collapsing due exhaustion. If they didn't have to supply blood to their oversized strong muscles with oxygen with their normal sized lungs they wouldn't be tired.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                Strength is a good attribute but when Mario Pudz. fought Tim Sylvia that shit was a massacre. The world's strongest man vs. Declined mma champ. Mma by KO.
                If guys choose to get huge they have to finish their fights early or lactic acidosis sets in and then the fight will slip from their fingers. For reference see Carwin,Shane.
                They may never "wish to be weaker" but they wish they weren't collapsing due exhaustion. If they didn't have to supply blood to their oversized strong muscles with oxygen with their normal sized lungs they wouldn't be tired.
                Agreed.
                Pudz's ability to change color was pretty impressive.
                Red Hulk!

Comment

Like a decade ago, I was a kung fu guy in a pankration tournament. I believe I was 204lbs, at the low end of a weight class with no upper limit. I naively thought I would leg kick and body punch and sprawl my way to victory, despite the fact that disallowing head strikes makes defending the body way easier. My first match, I fought a very muscular guy, six pack abs and everything. "Shit", I thought "my strikes probably can't pierce his thick hide, and he'll probably manhandle me if it comes to grappling". I threw one kick and was taken down and submitted with a forearm grind to the throat, which pissed me off because its not even a real submission. So, don't be ten-years-ago me. Get strong.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X