Announcement

Collapse

FORUM MAINTENANCE

FORUM MAINTENANCE THIS EVENING!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE FORUMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. JOIN US ON THE DISCORD, INSTEAD!
See more
See less

Girl Meets Boy, Boy meets girls knee to the face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HarshMallow
    replied
    Originally posted by BKR View Post
    Progressive/liberal sensu American...of course, nobody has a exclusive license to violence.

Read some of the comments on the video. Some were about choking him out...so it goes from assault/battery (or whatever they call it in that jurisdiction) to a (highly likely) felony if that had happened.

Nothing leading up to the fight though. If she wasn't defending herself, she's likely up the proverbial creek without the proverbial paddle.
    According to ABC 7 News San Francisco, the girl will be facing one count of battery on school grounds.

Sorry, I haven't accumulated enough Chi to post links. You can Google:

girl-in-sonoma-high-school-beating-video-will-face-charges

to get the story.

Leave a comment:

• gregaquaman
    replied
    Yes, you can explain your philosophy to the judge (or whatever passes for that in Australia) at sentencing for yourself or your child.

Also, if you are teaching kids martial arts, not very good advertising.

Sentencing at a school over a fight?

But if we want to evoke dire circumstances you can explain your philosophy when a bullied kid suicides.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Hard training often fixes "bitchyness" especially if they get tossed around and knuckled up by unassuming people in the gym(dorks or girls). Regular ass whoopin's are good for the soul.
    That's cool they are training with you. How are they liking it?
    Neither of them is bitchy, they seem to have taken my advice (lecture(s), LOL) fairly seriously. I won't have them doing much sarcastic humor towards the 4 adults who supply all their needs and love them, even if we are bad examples...

They like the Judo quite a bit, and seem to be taking training with me in stride. One night a week they go to the junior class, one night with me to the senior class. Last night on the way back, they told me they like the kids class because there are kids their size, and the senior class because they get to do more "real judo". Once the time change hits, they can make both junior classes.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by Permalost View Post
    In my experience, when there's a fight between a boy and a girl and it becomes he said/she said, people tend to believe the she said part. So, I think she'll be fine if she tells the right story.
    I've seen cases where jurors thought otherwise...

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied
    You know, I often go through various scenarios involving physical violence, or potentially involving physical violence depending on my circumstances, and then on various responses I might have, that might happen at work, at home, out hunting or fishing, or at Walmart, etc.

Even at work, going off on somebody is not that frequently the best option. Verbal Judo is usually the best option, even if it means having to eat some insults or back down (not always an option at work).

Both my boys are developing fine sarcastic senses of humor. Go figure, if you knew myself and their Mom...or my Mom...it kinda runs in the family.

However, I've had to have talks with them about when and who they pull that stuff on. If you run into a guy like your or whathisface from Australia, or even some backwoods kid at school, and put them down verbally, I told them, you may end up with a fist in the nose or worse.

Their step Dad is working with them on boxing, and they are now going to Judo with me, so if hopefully if they write a check with their mouths and the other guy wants to cash in by kicking ass, they will have a better chance to survive.
    Hard training often fixes "bitchyness" especially if they get tossed around and knuckled up by unassuming people in the gym(dorks or girls). Regular ass whoopin's are good for the soul.
    That's cool they are training with you. How are they liking it?

Leave a comment:

• ChenPengFi
    replied
    Originally posted by Permalost View Post
    In my experience, when there's a fight between a boy and a girl and it becomes he said/she said, people tend to believe the she said part. So, I think she'll be fine if she tells the right story.

Please regale us with your domestic violence stories!

Leave a comment:

• Permalost
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    It's funny to read you two omegas talk about not being betas.....of course you're not. :-p
    You know, I often go through various scenarios involving physical violence, or potentially involving physical violence depending on my circumstances, and then on various responses I might have, that might happen at work, at home, out hunting or fishing, or at Walmart, etc.

Even at work, going off on somebody is not that frequently the best option. Verbal Judo is usually the best option, even if it means having to eat some insults or back down (not always an option at work).

Both my boys are developing fine sarcastic senses of humor. Go figure, if you knew myself and their Mom...or my Mom...it kinda runs in the family.

However, I've had to have talks with them about when and who they pull that stuff on. If you run into a guy like your or whathisface from Australia, or even some backwoods kid at school, and put them down verbally, I told them, you may end up with a fist in the nose or worse.

Their step Dad is working with them on boxing, and they are now going to Judo with me, so if hopefully if they write a check with their mouths and the other guy wants to cash in by kicking ass, they will have a better chance to survive.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by DCS View Post
    Since when violence is only a reactionary/conservative tool?

Ed. OP video from another angle:

https://www.facebook.com/aj.agazarm/...7703480280286/
    Progressive/liberal sensu American...of course, nobody has a exclusive license to violence.

Read some of the comments on the video. Some were about choking him out...so it goes from assault/battery (or whatever they call it in that jurisdiction) to a (highly likely) felony if that had happened.

Nothing leading up to the fight though. If she wasn't defending herself, she's likely up the proverbial creek without the proverbial paddle.

Leave a comment:

• Tranquil Suit
    replied
    It's funny to read you two omegas talk about not being betas.....of course you're not. :-p
    Spoken like a nabla.

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied
    Originally posted by goodlun View Post
    Oh I know but I can't stand the bleeding heart bet male liberals myself.
    Not that I totally subscribe to the whole alpha beta thing all that much myself.

Leave a comment:

• ChenPengFi
    replied
    War Machine wants you blasphemers to repent!

Leave a comment:

• goodlun
    replied
    I've never accused you of being a pussy beta male bleeding heart, that was Devil, in so many words. I don't buy the whole alpha beta male thing, although I suppose that means I'm a beta or lower, LOL ! ]
    Oh I know but I can't stand the bleeding heart bet male liberals myself.
    Not that I totally subscribe to the whole alpha beta thing all that much myself.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    yea.... he was of the mind that violence does in fact solve problems and had been in trouble for fist fights before.
    Sounds like parental failure. Unless of course, that's what he learned from them, in which case, I guess it worked.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by gregaquaman View Post
    Tools for a job. If smacking someone stops them preying on you then smack them.

This idea that you can demean someone just because you don't really threaten them is unacceptable. Bullying quite often has this system locked down in their favor.

I use the video of pizza slap to illustrate this point. (on the phone so cant link. )

What people fail to realize is that when we are discussing an environment like school. It is nothing like the protected envienvironment we enjoy. There is no work place harasment avenues. And you are trapped in that social group.

It is a completely different game.
    Yes, you can explain your philosophy to the judge (or whatever passes for that in Australia) at sentencing for yourself or your child.

Also, if you are teaching kids martial arts, not very good advertising.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X