Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranquil Suit
    replied
    alpha beta gamma delta epsilon zeta eta theta iota kappa lambda mu nu ksi omikron pi rho sigma tau upsulion phi chi psi omega.

Still got it.

EDIT: Sans pussy males, thank you.
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 2/18/2016 3:27pm, .

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by goodlun View Post
    This is going to sound stupid to you but I don't consider putting gloves on as violence, its sport, its a way to work things out that seems to work, its healthy, its a contest.
    More importantly than anything else its mutual. It actually does tend to end with beef being settled.
    Of course there is also a mile long list of caveats, provisos, and stipulations to this statement.
    Also there might come a point where dealing with a bully through the use of physical force is self defense even if it isn't physical bullying.

One that is progressive mostly from being data driven, not from being a pussy beta male bleeding heart, that thinks everyone in society needs to play nice with each other and that feelings matter, and for that matter that all people are created equal.
    yes, it's stupid.

I've never accused you of being a pussy beta male bleeding heart, that was Devil, in so many words. I don't buy the whole alpha beta male thing, although I suppose that means I'm a beta or lower, LOL ! ]

Leave a comment:

• goodlun
    replied
    Originally posted by DCS View Post
    Nice, but unfortunately still doesn't really answer any questions as to how it got started

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied
    Originally posted by BKR View Post
    Got committed for that, eh? That's pretty harsh, but considering the extent of the injury, perhaps not.

That kid had other issues going on for sure to just hit a guy like that.
    yea.... he was of the mind that violence does in fact solve problems and had been in trouble for fist fights before.

Leave a comment:

• DCS
    replied
    What kind of progressive/liberal are you anyway ?
    Since when violence is only a reactionary/conservative tool?

Ed. OP video from another angle:

https://www.facebook.com/aj.agazarm/...7703480280286/
    Last edited by DCS; 2/18/2016 6:33am, .

Leave a comment:

• Lindz
    replied
    Originally posted by gregaquaman View Post

I use the video of pizza slap to illustrate this point. (on the phone so cant link. )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiD-pGNgA_A

And it appears to have been the shit starting pizza slapping knob head who posted the video originally

Leave a comment:

• gregaquaman
    replied
    I don't think teaching kids to use physical violence to deal with non-self defense situations is advisable. I sure as hell don't raise my boys that way.
    Tools for a job. If smacking someone stops them preying on you then smack them.

This idea that you can demean someone just because you don't really threaten them is unacceptable. Bullying quite often has this system locked down in their favor.

I use the video of pizza slap to illustrate this point. (on the phone so cant link. )

What people fail to realize is that when we are discussing an environment like school. It is nothing like the protected envienvironment we enjoy. There is no work place harasment avenues. And you are trapped in that social group.

It is a completely different game.
    Last edited by gregaquaman; 2/17/2016 10:58pm, .

Leave a comment:

• goodlun
    replied
    That includes putting gloves on at school (or anyplace) and settling it that way, Mr. Goodlun upvote...
    This is going to sound stupid to you but I don't consider putting gloves on as violence, its sport, its a way to work things out that seems to work, its healthy, its a contest.
    More importantly than anything else its mutual. It actually does tend to end with beef being settled.
    Of course there is also a mile long list of caveats, provisos, and stipulations to this statement.
    Also there might come a point where dealing with a bully through the use of physical force is self defense even if it isn't physical bullying.

One that is progressive mostly from being data driven, not from being a pussy beta male bleeding heart, that thinks everyone in society needs to play nice with each other and that feelings matter, and for that matter that all people are created equal.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    I don't think teaching kids to use physical violence to deal with non-self defense situations is advisable. I sure as hell don't raise my boys that way.
    That includes putting gloves on at school (or anyplace) and settling it that way, Mr. Goodlun upvote...

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    It was probably a bit of mutual shittyness.
    My buddy says the guy stepped to him and then he "just hit him like I would hit anyone." and then boom! no more football, basketball, baseball or the scholarships that could have came with them. instead just 3 hots and a cot.
    Got committed for that, eh? That's pretty harsh, but considering the extent of the injury, perhaps not.

That kid had other issues going on for sure to just hit a guy like that.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied
    Yeah shit like that just plain old sucks. Adult in a comma, and a kid in Juvy for 1.5 years, over probably not a whole hell of a lot.
    Just curious was the adult picking the fight?
    It was probably a bit of mutual shittyness.
    My buddy says the guy stepped to him and then he "just hit him like I would hit anyone." and then boom! no more football, basketball, baseball or the scholarships that could have came with them. instead just 3 hots and a cot.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Gonzo
    replied
    I think one of the current failings of society is there are few consequences for being rude or bothersome.
    I not only agree with you,
    but I can never get it out of my head that when I travel to Asia they perceive being rude as a major weakness.
    And, when I was growing up -in a blue collar family of working people-
    nobody glamorized stupidity, or a lack of wit, or a lack of manners.
    Ignorance we could forgive.
    Being able to defend yourself and your family from violence was expected.
    But chosen stupidity or a lack of wit was always perceived as a weakness.
    Even when giving an insult we were expected to have some style about it.
    Being able to argue effectively, in the pub, or in public, or in writing was also always perceived as a strength.
    And, we were expected to have at least one suit ready for funerals, occasions, etc even if we were dirt poor.
    I have had to explain to pre-med students with perfect scores from an honors university
    that the reason the medical school I was working at automatically rejected their application
    was because they showed up to the admission interview in shorts and a golf shirt...
    And then had to explain to them that:
    "no, the admission committee will not give you a second chance, but you can apply again next year".
    The projection of mental weakness is huge, and many younger people today do not seem aware of it.
    Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 2/17/2016 2:15pm, .

Leave a comment:

• goodlun
    replied
    Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    a friend of mine that was a big kid (6'4 220) got in a fight with an adult when he was 16 and punched him. The adult got put into a coma from the punch and fall to the ground from the KO. My buddy went to juvy for 1.5 years for it.
    Yeah shit like that just plain old sucks. Adult in a comma, and a kid in Juvy for 1.5 years, over probably not a whole hell of a lot.
    Just curious was the adult picking the fight?

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied
    I think one of the current failings of society is there are few consequences for being rude or bothersome.

Putting on some gloves, I am all for, it implies mutual consent to settle matters that way.
    Its also a more or less "safe" way to do so, with supervision and rules.
    Going back to this video even if the kid did deserve a knee to the face and I am actually going to assume he most likely did, he could have gotten seriously hurt do to the nature of the fight and where it took place.
    So that sort of shit is where problems really occur.
    You end up with stories like this
    http://q13fox.com/2014/12/22/deputie...lve-car-crash/
    a friend of mine that was a big kid (6'4 220) got in a fight with an adult when he was 16 and punched him. The adult got put into a coma from the punch and fall to the ground from the KO. My buddy went to juvy for 1.5 years for it.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X