No announcement yet.

Girl Meets Boy, Boy meets girls knee to the face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think teaching kids to use physical violence to deal with non-self defense situations is advisable. I sure as hell don't raise my boys that way.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
      It was probably a bit of mutual shittyness.
      My buddy says the guy stepped to him and then he "just hit him like I would hit anyone." and then boom! no more football, basketball, baseball or the scholarships that could have came with them. instead just 3 hots and a cot.
      Got committed for that, eh? That's pretty harsh, but considering the extent of the injury, perhaps not.

That kid had other issues going on for sure to just hit a guy like that.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
        I don't think teaching kids to use physical violence to deal with non-self defense situations is advisable. I sure as hell don't raise my boys that way.
        That includes putting gloves on at school (or anyplace) and settling it that way, Mr. Goodlun upvote...

What kind of progressive/liberal are you anyway ?

Comment

That includes putting gloves on at school (or anyplace) and settling it that way, Mr. Goodlun upvote...
          This is going to sound stupid to you but I don't consider putting gloves on as violence, its sport, its a way to work things out that seems to work, its healthy, its a contest.
          More importantly than anything else its mutual. It actually does tend to end with beef being settled.
          Of course there is also a mile long list of caveats, provisos, and stipulations to this statement.
          Also there might come a point where dealing with a bully through the use of physical force is self defense even if it isn't physical bullying.

One that is progressive mostly from being data driven, not from being a pussy beta male bleeding heart, that thinks everyone in society needs to play nice with each other and that feelings matter, and for that matter that all people are created equal.
          Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
          –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Tools for a job. If smacking someone stops them preying on you then smack them.

This idea that you can demean someone just because you don't really threaten them is unacceptable. Bullying quite often has this system locked down in their favor.

I use the video of pizza slap to illustrate this point. (on the phone so cant link. )

What people fail to realize is that when we are discussing an environment like school. It is nothing like the protected envienvironment we enjoy. There is no work place harasment avenues. And you are trapped in that social group.

It is a completely different game.
            Last edited by gregaquaman; 2/17/2016 10:58pm, .
            Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
            http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Comment

Originally posted by gregaquaman View Post

I use the video of pizza slap to illustrate this point. (on the phone so cant link. )
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiD-pGNgA_A

And it appears to have been the shit starting pizza slapping knob head who posted the video originally

Comment

Since when violence is only a reactionary/conservative tool?

Ed. OP video from another angle:

https://www.facebook.com/aj.agazarm/...7703480280286/
                Last edited by DCS; 2/18/2016 6:33am, .

Comment

Got committed for that, eh? That's pretty harsh, but considering the extent of the injury, perhaps not.

That kid had other issues going on for sure to just hit a guy like that.
                  yea.... he was of the mind that violence does in fact solve problems and had been in trouble for fist fights before.
                  The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
                    Nice, but unfortunately still doesn't really answer any questions as to how it got started
                    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                      This is going to sound stupid to you but I don't consider putting gloves on as violence, its sport, its a way to work things out that seems to work, its healthy, its a contest.
                      More importantly than anything else its mutual. It actually does tend to end with beef being settled.
                      Of course there is also a mile long list of caveats, provisos, and stipulations to this statement.
                      Also there might come a point where dealing with a bully through the use of physical force is self defense even if it isn't physical bullying.

One that is progressive mostly from being data driven, not from being a pussy beta male bleeding heart, that thinks everyone in society needs to play nice with each other and that feelings matter, and for that matter that all people are created equal.
                      yes, it's stupid.

I've never accused you of being a pussy beta male bleeding heart, that was Devil, in so many words. I don't buy the whole alpha beta male thing, although I suppose that means I'm a beta or lower, LOL ! ]

Comment

alpha beta gamma delta epsilon zeta eta theta iota kappa lambda mu nu ksi omikron pi rho sigma tau upsulion phi chi psi omega.

Still got it.

EDIT: Sans pussy males, thank you.
                        Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 2/18/2016 3:27pm, .
                        go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Comment

Originally posted by gregaquaman View Post
                          Tools for a job. If smacking someone stops them preying on you then smack them.

This idea that you can demean someone just because you don't really threaten them is unacceptable. Bullying quite often has this system locked down in their favor.

What people fail to realize is that when we are discussing an environment like school. It is nothing like the protected envienvironment we enjoy. There is no work place harasment avenues. And you are trapped in that social group.

It is a completely different game.
                          Yes, you can explain your philosophy to the judge (or whatever passes for that in Australia) at sentencing for yourself or your child.

Also, if you are teaching kids martial arts, not very good advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                            yea.... he was of the mind that violence does in fact solve problems and had been in trouble for fist fights before.
                            Sounds like parental failure. Unless of course, that's what he learned from them, in which case, I guess it worked.

Comment

I've never accused you of being a pussy beta male bleeding heart, that was Devil, in so many words. I don't buy the whole alpha beta male thing, although I suppose that means I'm a beta or lower, LOL ! ]
                              Oh I know but I can't stand the bleeding heart bet male liberals myself.
                              Not that I totally subscribe to the whole alpha beta thing all that much myself.

Comment

War Machine wants you blasphemers to repent!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X