Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"People take wild swings so they won't get arrested", and other happy horsepucky.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"People take wild swings so they won't get arrested", and other happy horsepucky.

What the hell is that sound at 3:28, lol?

This stuff will officially never go away.

Matt has bent wrists while punching....... Matt doesn't know how to punch.

also is the camera man masturbating? that's some awful labored breathing coming though oN the audio......

Comment

Lacks FOOM FOOM FOOM.

Comment

Originally posted by RWaggs View Post
        This stuff will officially never go away.
        Of course not. Every time someone posts this guy's videos here he helps him make money.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
          This isn't really surprising, and here's why. In Wing Tsun, the students sometimes train in the following way: one person pretends to be a non-Wing Tsun aggressor, like a boxer or a wrestler, while his opponent is supposed to shut him down using Wing Tsun techniques.

Unsurprisingly, most people who play non-Wing Tsun aggressors have little to no background in any other styles, so the result is an imitator who poorly represents what a boxer or wrestler would do in a street fight. This means punches and kicks and takedowns and whatever else you can dream up carried out with terrible form. So, the Wing Tsun fighter never actually experiences how a skilled boxer or wrestler would really fight them.

From here, it's not hard to see why Wing Tsun "works": they're performing techniques against people who don't really know what they're doing.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post

also is the camera man masturbating? that's some awful labored breathing coming though oN the audio......
              Holding a camera is serious cardio.

Comment

Deadly deadly,

deadly dead.

Comment

Somebody on Youtube sent me this as an example of "real" kung-fu:

Deadly deadly,

deadly dead.

Edit: Ghost, the next time you go to Germania, jump that guy. Don't bother setting up a proper meeting, just find his address and attack him guerrilla-style every night after work until the Gestapo (They still have that, right?) sets up a stake out and tries to nab you.

It'll be a minor-moderate boost to your Street cred. You REALLY need that after losing to a ninja.
                  Last edited by Holy Moment; 1/15/2016 7:15pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
                    Somebody on Youtube sent me this as an example of "real" kung-fu:

Deadly deadly,

deadly dead.

Edit: Ghost, the next time you go to Germania, jump that guy. Don't bother setting up a proper meeting, just find his address and attack him guerrilla-style every night after work until the Gestapo (They still have that, right?) sets up a stake out and tries to nab you.

It'll be a minor-moderate boost to your Street cred. You REALLY need that after losing to a ninja.
                    Ghost lost to a ninja??

Comment

what's with the strange green pants?

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
                        Ghost lost to a ninja??

Yeah. I PM him every morning and remind him of it.

Comment

I've never seen a TMA teach a defense against a hook punch that was actually, you know, a hook punch. This video included.

The straighter the elbow, the easier it is to do some bullshit krotty block. Because it's not a hook punch, i.e. it's not hooking.

Of course this video is even dumber than that because even if it works, it's teaching you to use two arms to block one at close range, but it's Chun which means it's fractally wrong as always.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGalt View Post
                            I've never seen a TMA teach a defense against a hook punch that was actually, you know, a hook punch. This video included.
                            https://youtu.be/WK9_j5Hj0qw?t=47

Comment

Originally posted by MrGalt View Post

The straighter the elbow, the easier it is to do some bullshit krotty block. Because it's not a hook punch, i.e. it's not hooking.

Of course this video is even dumber than that because even if it works, it's teaching you to use two arms to block one at close range, but it's Chun which means it's fractally wrong as always.
                              He's not really using two arms to block with though, he's just covering up (WC style) and moving in. Compared to some I've seen at least the attackers arm is reasonably bent and roughly aiming at his head.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X