Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

let's count the mistakes made by the victims in this NYC subway slashing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

let's count the mistakes made by the victims in this NYC subway slashing...

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...363192831.html

most people have zero idea what to do in this sort of situation. lucky for everyone involved the assailant had no idea either.

Originally posted by Ming Loyalist View Post

most people have zero idea what to do in this sort of situation. lucky for everyone involved the assailant had no idea either.
    If they produce a weapon and say they are going to use it I get to neutralize them. :-) that's that. New Yorkers talk too much.
    Last edited by Raycetpfl; 12/22/2015 10:58am, .

Comment

in my book they don't have to say *anything* pull blade? run if possible, otherwise 2-on-1, isolate blade, takedown and severe beating.

also i'm pretty sure that's a dude (not that i would change tactics otherwise.)

Comment

I would have pulled my own blade on that Grace Jones wannabe.

Comment

Mistake number 1:

Living in New York City...

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
            i see you've played knifey-spooney before!

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
              Welcome to NYC jail.

Comment

I have met by fair number of crazies in NYC Subway over the years I would of went to the other side of the car when she started complaining about "her pole". Once the knife came out I would of retreated as much as I could. Failing that, 2 on 1 control on the arm and takedown. Once I am engaged, I'll just have to disarm the blade and hold her until the NYPD showed up and hope I don't get arrested for excessive force.

Comment

i see you've played knifey-spooney before!
                  I had to google that.

Comment

Originally posted by <plasma> View Post
                    I have met by fair number of crazies in NYC Subway over the years I would of went to the other side of the car when she started complaining about "her pole". Once the knife came out I would of retreated as much as I could. Failing that, 2 on 1 control on the arm and takedown. Once I am engaged, I'll just have to disarm the blade and hold her until the NYPD showed up and hope I don't get arrested for excessive force.
                    yeah, the unfortunate truth is that in NYC (and a lot of other places) if you get tangled up in such a situation you're going to jail, and then hopefully your lawyer can sort it out for you later.

as i am currently applying for a (residence) pistol license, i am reminded that *any* history of a fight in public could disqualify me for said license, so... disengage, retreat, etc.

Comment

yeah, the unfortunate truth is that in NYC (and a lot of other places) if you get tangled up in such a situation you're going to jail, and then hopefully your lawyer can sort it out for you later.

as i am currently applying for a (residence) pistol license, i am reminded that *any* history of a fight in public could disqualify me for said license, so... disengage, retreat, etc.
                      The worst part is the NYPD was there , there is a good chance they hide before engaging the knife wielding attacker, if you recall Joe Lozito's experience.

http://www.cracked.com/personal-expe...er-victim.html

Comment

Florida may be action-packed with meth-heads, weirdos and organized crime but the cool thing is the politicians here have made it ok to purge those people from existence if they attempt to hurt you.
                        So in Florida you would get to handle it differently.
                        In the poetic words of DMX, "Oh you thought you was raw? BOOM! Not anymore. " then go grab an iced Latte.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                          Florida may be action-packed with meth-heads, weirdos and organized crime but the cool thing is the politicians here have made it ok to purge those people from existence if they attempt to hurt you.
                          So in Florida you would get to handle it differently.
                          In the poetic words of DMX, "Oh you thought you was raw? BOOM! Not anymore. " then go grab an iced Latte.
                          The trade off being that unfortunately in Florida you can also follow, accost, and shoot an unarmed black teenager because- in your completely untrained opinion- he may pose an existential threat... I lived in Florida, I'd rather take my chances in New York.

Comment

Originally posted by BJMills View Post
                            The trade off being that unfortunately in Florida you can also follow, accost, and shoot an unarmed black teenager because- in your completely untrained opinion- he may pose an existential threat... I lived in Florida, I'd rather take my chances in New York.
                            Oh, you, go troll someplace else...

Comment

Originally posted by BJMills View Post
                              That was in Sanford. Which is in the middle of the state. The middle (except Orlando, thanks Mickey)of FL is the kind of place that makes white people from Mississippi or Alabama say ,"Wow these guys have some serious racism issues."
                              Following a minor that was out buying skittles is pretty fucked up. I was on Travon's side in that discussion. I quit talking to another bjj instructor over how he felt about that case actually.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X