Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So my grandpa thinks I suck at martial arts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So my grandpa thinks I suck at martial arts...

We recently had my grandparents over for a family get together and after dinner Grandpa mentioned that his doctor back home had recently earned his black belt. "In what?" was my response. He was pretty sure that it was Jiu Jitsu. I really had my doubts and asked how he knew. "It was in the local paper," Grandpa continued. Grandma jumps in on the conversation and says she also read the article and that he earned his black belt in just six years and how come I still don't have mine after 15+ years of training??

Of course, now I'm POSITIVE there is no way this guy can be a legit BJJ black belt, so I just gotta find out who he is and what exactly is going on. Lo and behold, look what a little Google Fu turned up.... Dr. Ninja's black belt test.

I apologize for ever doubting my Grandpa. This dude is as legit as they come.

More shenanigans can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMs...QFc1_eRnFTQ_Xg

Holy shit. I seriously have seen better ninjering... Ninjering! I didn't think anyone could make ninjers look not so bad (except maybe chunners).

Thanks for sharing that. It restores my faith in the lack of common sense of mankind.

Comment

Op,

Did you actually have a conversation with your grandpa and talk about the variation in belt standards or how some of the best martial arts do not have belts at all? Your grandpa may not be familiar with mma but likely has seen some awesome boxers through the years.

Comment

I'm now glad I've spent all this time doing Aikido rather than whatever the fuck this is. Thanks op, you've made me feel much better.

Comment

Imagine the newly found confidence that the doctor must have after strapping that black piece of cloth around his waist. And the ground-defense technique exhibited (1:12 through 1:16) was something else. The next time some big brute gently takes me to the ground, I now believe that three elbow shots will force him to disengage. WOW! This guy is a doctor and he bought into that shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandem View Post
            I'm now glad I've spent all this time doing Aikido rather than whatever the fuck this is. Thanks op, you've made me feel much better.
            I can't tell if this is serious or not.
            You realize both are LARPing in silly clothes right?

Comment

Sad thing is, I am all for the elderly doing things to stay fit and active. It's when it is equated with "OMG BLACK BELT BADASS" it becomes silly.

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
                Sad thing is, I am all for the elderly doing things to stay fit and active. It's when it is equated with "OMG BLACK BELT BADASS" it becomes silly.
                I always laugh to myself when people ask what belt I am in jiu-jitsu. Generally when I tell them "4 stripe brown " their response is " my 10 year old daughter/nephew/niece/kid I baby sit is a blackbelt."

Comment

When I was 15 years old my 80 years old grandfather used to throw me around with german supplex for 30 min if I didnt give a correct answer to "riddle of the street" right away

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                    I can't tell if this is serious or not.
                    You realize both are LARPing in silly clothes right?
                    Yep. But I've seen Aikido that I genuinely think is better than this

Comment

Originally posted by C0WB0Y View Post
                      We recently had my grandparents over for a family get together and after dinner Grandpa mentioned that his doctor back home had recently earned his black belt. "In what?" was my response. He was pretty sure that it was Jiu Jitsu. I really had my doubts and asked how he knew. "It was in the local paper," Grandpa continued. Grandma jumps in on the conversation and says she also read the article and that he earned his black belt in just six years and how come I still don't have mine after 15+ years of training??

Of course, now I'm POSITIVE there is no way this guy can be a legit BJJ black belt, so I just gotta find out who he is and what exactly is going on. Lo and behold, look what a little Google Fu turned up.... Dr. Ninja's black belt test.

Whatever you do, don't grab his wrist.

Comment

Fubarshin.

Comment

It will never cease to amaze me that shit like this exists and is taken seriously 23 years after UFC1.

It just reinforces what I already knew. You can put all the knowledge in the world at someone's fingertips and if they're not interested in seeing the truth, they'll never see it.

Comment

Originally posted by C0WB0Y View Post

If you are the same COWBOY as I think, I though you had a black belt in Judo ? Or was Grandpa talking about Jiu Jitsu, as if he would know the difference.

Comment

Dr. of what ? I'm not sure I'd ever want such a delusional person to treat me for anything...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X