Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Five Hard Truths about Martial Arts that you donít want to believe.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Whit View Post
    I think it is rather worrying that some krav schools are telling housewives that do krav on a weekend can stand a chance against some PCP fuelled mugger.
    Does anyone even do PCP anymore? I thought the cool kids of today are into bath salts and taco bell.

    Comment


      Originally posted by bombom View Post
      Does anyone even do PCP anymore? I thought the cool kids of today are into bath salts and taco bell.
      Good luck finding bath salts.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Whit View Post
        I think it is rather worrying that some krav schools are telling housewives that do krav on a weekend can stand a chance against some PCP fuelled mugger.
        Fuck messing with anyone on PCP, fuck
        http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015...had-no-effect/

        Also I do believe it was PCP that Rodney King was on and he was still trying to get up while being wailed on by the cops.

        Comment


          Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
          Good luck finding bath salts.
          Well, at least there is always taco bell.

          Comment


            Originally posted by goodlun View Post
            Fuck messing with anyone on PCP, fuck
            http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015...had-no-effect/

            Also I do believe it was PCP that Rodney King was on and he was still trying to get up while being wailed on by the cops.

            God. Damn.

            He was lighting his ass UP and he was just eating that shit. I don't know exactly what the protocol is for a cop in that situation but a rear naked choke would've made life easier for everyone involved, including the druggie. Maybe they'd consider that lethal force though. Don't know.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Devil View Post
              God. Damn.

              He was lighting his ass UP and he was just eating that shit. I don't know exactly what the protocol is for a cop in that situation but a rear naked choke would've made life easier for everyone involved, including the druggie. Maybe they'd consider that lethal force though. Don't know.
              Yeah Tasers don't do much to those high on PCP another interesting incident:
              https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...07b_story.html

              Even though they didn't find PCP in his system but it appears that test isn't very effective.
              http://lawofficer.com/2008/12/office...ulis-incident/

              Comment


                Originally posted by bombom View Post
                Does anyone even do PCP anymore? I thought the cool kids of today are into bath salts and taco bell.
                Oh boy. Ok let's just deal with the myth of the PCP fueled mugger. He only exists in the sad little minds of RBSD warriors. Same goes with having to fight against any sort of mugger. A mugging is typically a crime of profit. Someone wants your wallet, your jewels whatever. Here's an idea, instead of risking your life(which isn't replaceable) for that which is eminently replaceable, simply give up your wallet and goods. Unless you are the guy tasked with carrying the nuclear codes for the President, there is nothing you are carrying that is worth your life.

                PCP guys tend to be trashing night clubs and that sort of thing. Now if you want to be stupid enough to try and interrupt their good time, that is up to you. Otherwise let local law enforcement handle it, it's what they get paid to do.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
                  Oh boy. Ok let's just deal with the myth of the PCP fueled mugger. He only exists in the sad little minds of RBSD warriors. Same goes with having to fight against any sort of mugger. A mugging is typically a crime of profit. Someone wants your wallet, your jewels whatever. Here's an idea, instead of risking your life(which isn't replaceable) for that which is eminently replaceable, simply give up your wallet and goods. Unless you are the guy tasked with carrying the nuclear codes for the President, there is nothing you are carrying that is worth your life.

                  PCP guys tend to be trashing night clubs and that sort of thing. Now if you want to be stupid enough to try and interrupt their good time, that is up to you. Otherwise let local law enforcement handle it, it's what they get paid to do.
                  What if the PCP guy is trying to take your burrito?

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by bombom View Post
                    What if the PCP guy is trying to take your burrito?
                    Well you have to decide your own priorities. If you think some TexMex street food is worth risking your life, I may not agree but that decision is ultimately up to you. I may suggest that you talk to a mental health professional about your attachment to TexMex street food, but you can take or leave that advice.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
                      Well you have to decide your own priorities. If you think some TexMex street food is worth risking your life, I may not agree but that decision is ultimately up to you. I may suggest that you talk to a mental health professional about your attachment to TexMex street food, but you can take or leave that advice.
                      Well I mean if you only have ever had a TexMex burrito I can't blame you for not understanding. TexMex is fucking gross, also fuck those mission style burritos you get in San Fransico. Now if we are talking a good SoCal or TJ burrito it would totally be worth it if they where not so damn easy to replace seriously plenty of 24/7 burrito places.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                        Well I mean if you only have ever had a TexMex burrito I can't blame you for not understanding. TexMex is fucking gross, also fuck those mission style burritos you get in San Fransico. Now if we are talking a good SoCal or TJ burrito it would totally be worth it if they where not so damn easy to replace seriously plenty of 24/7 burrito places.
                        Years ago I had a burrito from a street vendor in San Diego. Not only was it the best damn burrito I ever had, it was one of the best meals of any kind I ever ate. Not sure I would risk my life for one, but I'd think about it.

                        Steak on the other hand, PCP dude is gonna die if he touches my steak.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                          Well I mean if you only have ever had a TexMex burrito I can't blame you for not understanding. TexMex is fucking gross, also fuck those mission style burritos you get in San Fransico. Now if we are talking a good SoCal or TJ burrito it would totally be worth it if they where not so damn easy to replace seriously plenty of 24/7 burrito places.
                          Best burritos in the world are at La Corneta in 24th and Mission

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
                            Oh boy. Ok let's just deal with the myth of the PCP fueled mugger. He only exists in the sad little minds of RBSD warriors. Same goes with having to fight against any sort of mugger. A mugging is typically a crime of profit. Someone wants your wallet, your jewels whatever. Here's an idea, instead of risking your life(which isn't replaceable) for that which is eminently replaceable, simply give up your wallet and goods. Unless you are the guy tasked with carrying the nuclear codes for the President, there is nothing you are carrying that is worth your life.
                            I see you aren't from America. In America we shoot muggers.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
                              Unless you are the guy tasked with carrying the nuclear codes for the President, there is nothing you are carrying that is worth your life.
                              I was gonna let this one slide, but since Devil's in, I might as well pile on.

                              Property rights. The contents of my wallet are money that I have earned (or will earn, in the case of credit cards), my legal credentials/identity, and personal effects like photographs of my kids, etc. What little jewelry I wear (wedding ring) is priceless - not intrinsic value, but sacrifice and symbolism. Something that cannot be replaced. Things that I have worked my entire life to have. So, yes, what effects I'm carrying are, quite literally, worth my life.

                              If more people fought against muggers, there would be fewer muggers. Your point of view only serves to encourage further muggings. Your perspective will change, or you will lose property.

                              I've been mugged, twice. Once as a scared young teenager, on a train from NYC to New Haven. Later, as a dumb young sailor. There will not be a third time. There's a part of me that can't wait for the next attempt. I've had my identity stolen, twice, as well. Tell me about "eminently replaceable," once you've been a victim.
                              Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

                              Comment


                                For me it depends on the level of threat, what do they want from me and how suited am I at that time to defend myself.

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X