Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Ninja or not to Ninja that is the question before us

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    I can train them. Devil just anointed me a Jedi in another thread.
    The Jedi Mind Trick is a very important BJJ movement.

    https://www.groundfighter.com/Ryan-H...ep-Half-Guard/

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
      I mean if I really analyze myself the logical conclusion is that I am a ninja turtle.
      I just wanna eat pizza ,train martial arts and have sex with Megan Fox.
      Due to Megan's relationship with Michael Bay, she will probably explode at some point.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by MrGalt View Post
        I've decided that if you're going to pretend to be something nonexistent and awesome like Shaolin or ninja, you might as well go whole hog.
        Hmmm. Perhaps I made a mistake this morning when I told my 4-year-old that she can't be Spider-Man when she grows up.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Son of Thunder View Post
          Hmmm. Perhaps I made a mistake this morning when I told my 4-year-old that she can't be Spider-Man when she grows up.
          Yes you did, with gene therapy and gene splicing have you considered the possibilities? I mean you got goats who when milked have spider web coming out of their udders, you telling me your little one can't grow biological web shooters and be spider woman or spider girl? It will be a different world when she's older, I know I got a 4 year old myself.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by gileanofgrey View Post
            Yes you did, with gene therapy and gene splicing have you considered the possibilities? I mean you got goats who when milked have spider web coming out of their udders, you telling me your little one can't grow biological web shooters and be spider woman or spider girl? It will be a different world when she's older, I know I got a 4 year old myself.
            Good point. I should start using this as a way to encourage an interest in genetic research.

            Comment


              #21
              Im going to start him on Iron Monkey and see how we get on.

              But I think this thread has proved that there is a little ninja in all of us.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by PDA View Post
                Im going to start him on Iron Monkey and see how we get on.

                But I think this thread has proved that there is a little ninja in all of us.
                I started martial arts because I wanted to be a ninja. As a kid I saw all the 80's flicks and all the amazing things they could do and wanted to do the same thing. Was I disappointed when I found out it was all b.s.? The flying? The fire balls? The punch after punch not landing but counter after counter?

                Yes of course I was, but more than anything I realized how "not fun" martial arts was. The katas, the weapons, the randori, it all bored the living hell out of me when I realized I couldn't do any of the aforementioned. In fact my love for the martial arts didn't return until I had to use all the years of "training" to defend myself. Even then I realized the shortcoming in my technique, which really was "I got angry" so all my training went out the window.

                Do I still wish I could be a ninja? Yeah of course, I wish I could be a legit one with all the mysticism and techniques and everything that could be executed as well as any on tv. But at the end of the day when I see how high I can kick, how hard, that I know locks, holds, chokes I realize...you know this is just as good it's different, but it's just as good.

                So yeah I think all of us as martial artists/fighters...I think we all have a little ninja in all us.

                Especially as a westerner :)

                Comment

                Collapse

                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                Working...
                X