Jonathan Knudsen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jonathan Knudsen?

Hey folks. Been a while since I've posted anything. Wasn't sure where else to post this as I don't think it quite qualifies as MABS worthy...

Anyways, over at BSMA, there was a thread started by this guy named Jonathan Knudsen who essentially thinks that pictures can prove that you are a totally legit martial artist. The thread gradually turned to asking him about his pictures and qualifications. This guy claims that:

-he is the bastard son of the legendary Wahoo McDaniel
    -that he regularly trains WWE and big name UFC talent...in fact he claims he's an actual WWE trainer
    -that he worked as a wrestler in WCW for six years (but won't say who he wrestled as because he claims that when McMahon bought WCW that a gag order was put on all 'hooded wrestlers')
    -he claims to have won 4 No-Holds Barred super-heavyweight championships

Myself and a few other people couldn't find zip on him other than a few threads elsewhere that painted him as a con man. I could only confirm that he's working with a couple of indie wrestlers out of some small gym in Modesto, CA. Any attempts to get confirmation from him has resulted in either: 1. "Go ask the people I know" type answers or 2. "Come fight me, bro" type answers.

Has anyone ever heard of this guy?

Originally posted by FinalLegion View Post
    -he is the bastard son of the legendary Wahoo McDaniel
    Don't care.
    -that he regularly trains WWE and big name UFC talent...in fact he claims he's an actual WWE trainer
    WWE don't care. It should be easy to name the UFC fighters he trains.
    -that he worked as a wrestler in WCW for six years (but won't say who he wrestled as because he claims that when McMahon bought WCW that a gag order was put on all 'hooded wrestlers')
    Don't care.
    -he claims to have won 4 No-Holds Barred super-heavyweight championships
    Which promotion? Should be easy to verify.

I can care less of his WWE credentials. As for his Championships and UFC fighters he trained, that really easy to state and verify. If he dances around those questions, the most likely answer is he made it up.

Comment

Reeks of bullshido.

Originally posted by <plasma> View Post

Which promotion? Should be easy to verify.
      This is what he claimed when I asked him:

"PWA US. WKK Malaysia, Anoki's Brazil"

"PWA is Shooto stiff work, WKK is World Krown Kombat straight shoot matches, Jungle Fights are not a work... but ok CACC is Pro Wrestling btw.... just not the shit on WWE it's shoot style..."

So much smells fishy here, it's not even funny.

Googling him shows....basically nothing. There are two threads about him trying to say he owns the nickname "Iceman", including one here on Bullshido. There are two threads on various networks warning people that he is a fraud. There is one old link where he is basically begging for money for a pro wrestling...something.

Here's what we dug up, mainly:

[Edit: Can't post links yet...Sigh]

A Wikipedia user profile, presumably written by him: See: User:VipersPitMMA

The Bullshido thread about the Iceman nickname: Search for his name or Iceman vs Iceman

A similar thread on the UG where he claims he's not suing him: Ditto

A thread where someone claiming to be his ex-wife and others claim he is a fraud: Search for his name, and it comes up on network54

A page from 2003 or so where he is basically begging for money: An old Angelfire page titled "Wrestling Then and Now" Once again, Google his name and wrestling.

His Facebook page: username iceman.knudsen

His claims with no proof so far:

He is a 4 time NHB World Champion
      Been training under Osama Oyama since he was 5
      Has trained many MMA fighters to titles (he names Tito Ortiz, Dan Servern, etc, but when pushed for details says he worked with Dan Serven on some "talent". Well, Severn is doing pro wrestling now, so gives a shit?)
      Is the illegitimate son of Wahoo Edwards (or whatever his name is).

It all just reeks of total bullshit.

Comment

He's given the names of the fighting orgs by way of acronyms but I can't find a single org matching them. As far as the UFC fighters go, he's claimed to have trained Tito Ortiz but could find no confirmation of that. He hasn't name dropped anyone else but still insists he trains 'top' UFC talent.

Comment

Is this be the same Jonathan Knudsen?

Jonathan "The Iceman" Knudsen

Bullshido Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Cake of Doom View Post
            Is this be the same Jonathan Knudsen?

Jonathan "The Iceman" Knudsen

Bullshido Thread
            That's him.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X