Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bringig back the street to MMA?

Ok, here are some of my thoughts why it should be done;

- Street is always street, do you really need more reasons to it?

And after this - we can safely make a passage to the second phaes, that is - HOW it should be done

Basically I see two ways of how a MMA organization/promotion could become anointed with the royal blood/lifeforce of the streets;

1. Selecting only fighters that have more streetfullness than technical abilities in them, that is; they have trained more bench press and squat than they have trained butterfly guard or jumping front kick, they will simply do a bicep curl if caught in a straight armbar, they simply dont do straight punch cause punches lose all the power when not thrown in a 180 degree wild swining arc also they definately DONT put their knee on the ground when going for takedown, doing like this will fuck you up in the STREET

2. Simply make the rules favour the most streetish techniques f.e allow soccer kicks on downed opponent and likewise ban all submissions except neck cranks and rnc

Ok, these 2 suggestions have one major problem

Yes - they are really fucking stupid

Ok, I ask you

What it could be (realistically) done to Street it Up the MMA?

Originally posted by Sam Losco View Post
    Ok, here are some of my thoughts why it should be done;

- Street is always street, do you really need more reasons to it?

And after this - we can safely make a passage to the second phaes, that is - HOW it should be done

Basically I see two ways of how a MMA organization/promotion could become anointed with the royal blood/lifeforce of the streets;

1. Selecting only fighters that have more streetfullness than technical abilities in them, that is; they have trained more bench press and squat than they have trained butterfly guard or jumping front kick, they will simply do a bicep curl if caught in a straight armbar, they simply dont do straight punch cause punches lose all the power when not thrown in a 180 degree wild swining arc also they definately DONT put their knee on the ground when going for takedown, doing like this will fuck you up in the STREET

2. Simply make the rules favour the most streetish techniques f.e allow soccer kicks on downed opponent and likewise ban all submissions except neck cranks and rnc

Ok, these 2 suggestions have one major problem

Yes - they are really fucking stupid

Ok, I ask you

2 out of 10, barely. 1 for creativity, 1 for effort.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
      2 out of 10, barely. 1 for creativity, 1 for effort.
      you feeling generous today?

Comment

Originally posted by cualltaigh View Post
        you feeling generous today?
        I try to give the benefit of the doubt...

Comment

You for got the most streetified technique there is...

Headlock Mofo!

Combine that with ineffective face punches and you have defined The Street.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Losco View Post

Have all fights start NJ style. Arms spread, chin up saying "come at me bro", while the combatants comment on the promiscuity of each others mothers.

Comment

MMA can never really top PitFighting, but there are a few improvements it can make.

First off, they seriously need to do something about where the fighters actually compete. No more of that ring and cage bullshit.

Second, they need to start recruiting fighters with proven Street pedigrees (Streetigrees).

Comment

Originally posted by Speaks Softly View Post
                You for got the most streetified technique there is...

Headlock Mofo!

Combine that with ineffective face punches and you have defined The Street.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
                  MMA can never really top PitFighting, but there are a few improvements it can make.

First off, they seriously need to do something about where the fighters actually compete. No more of that ring and cage bullshit.

Second, they need to start recruiting fighters with proven Street pedigrees (Streetigrees).
                  Your point about fighters that actually compere is very valid indeed. Is this supposed to be a football match? Hello no, in the street there is life and death - none of this sports or you lose = I win kind of thinking merges very well with the street philosophy...

I also think that the fighters should wear gloves like this instead of modern mma gloves;

And they should definately wear boots with shinpads like this;

I think that the pure untamed spirit of the streets still remains trapped, yet fully alive somewhere between shootwrestling, vale tudo/nhb AND freakshow boxing matchs like this and many more;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRq1y-pmleE

Also remember;

"Ask not for what the Street can do for you, but what YOU can do for the Street!"

Comment

They need to make a fight sport where only Captain Kirk techniques are allowed. Double hammerfist, two-foot drop kick, karate chops (both palm up and palm down), flying cross body, and upkick with both feet after falling on a control panel are the only moves allowed!

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                      They need to make a fight sport where only Captain Kirk techniques are allowed. Double hammerfist, two-foot drop kick, karate chops (both palm up and palm down), flying cross body, and upkick with both feet after falling on a control panel are the only moves allowed!

Comment

They need to make a fight sport where only Captain Kirk techniques are allowed. ...
                        You forgot this technique:

Streetest thing I've ever seen, bro.

Comment

The winner gets a tuff Mustang and gets to bang Cherry Valance.

Comment

Winner gets a fancy switchblade and a kilo of crank.

Comment

Play the OST Fight Theme throughout the match, and I will contribute to your Kickstarter.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X