Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

California is retarded

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...htmlstory.html

Someone please tell me this is a joke or a satire article, because otherwise this proves beyond any doubt that the liberals of California are as if not more retarded than the republicans of Texas.

Restraint nunchaku aren't really a new thing. I've seen cops carrying them here and there instead of batons.

Comment

Nunchucks, some of the least effective weapons on Earth, are illegal in california? Really? It's like the police are intentionally handicapping themselves.

Comment

@Ghost, the California penal code used to have possession of batons and nunchucks as felonies. I haven't read the document recently, but I suspect it remains so. You did not need to brandish or chase someone down the street with them. It was simple possession.

When the Kung Fu craze hit California in the early-1970s, there was an emotional response to keep martial arts weapons out of the hands of gangs and street thugs. You have to be active in a local martial arts business and keep the weapons at the martial arts location. My knowledge is dated. Maybe someone with more recent experience can shed some light on current law, if it has changed.

Comment

Last edited by ChenPengFi; 10/28/2015 6:32pm, . Reason: c&p fail

Comment

Originally posted by mrtnira View Post
            @Ghost, the California penal code used to have possession of batons and nunchucks as felonies. I haven't read the document recently, but I suspect it remains so. You did not need to brandish or chase someone down the street with them. It was simple possession.

When the Kung Fu craze hit California in the early-1970s, there was an emotional response to keep martial arts weapons out of the hands of gangs and street thugs. You have to be active in a local martial arts business and keep the weapons at the martial arts location. My knowledge is dated. Maybe someone with more recent experience can shed some light on current law, if it has changed.
            This has got to be some of the dumbest shit I have ever heard in my life. Holy fuck. Now I know why people think California is so stupid. Oh. I see you have to pieces of wood connected by a small amount of rope or chain. THAT'S A FELONY MOTHERFUCKER!

Comment

Nunchucks, switchblades, balisongs, shuriken and sword canes may be illegal here in CA but you can find all of them at local swap meets.

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                Nunchucks, switchblades, balisongs, shuriken and sword canes may be illegal here in CA but you can find all of them at local swap meets.
                Yea.... but ..basically if you use one while being justified in doing so.....they hit you with a weapons charge.
                There was a guy in new York that was getting beat to death by a muggers, shot them and then went to jail for having a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                  There was a guy in new York that was getting beat to death by a muggers, shot them and then went to jail for having a gun.
                  if you're talking about good old bernie goetz... they weren't beating him to death. they had sharpened screwdrivers and were definitely up to no good. he might have gotten off completely if he hadn't shot one of them once they were already down.

NYC punk band "ed gein's car" did a decent job of telling the story:

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                    There was a guy in new York
                    Damn those California weapon laws!

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
                      http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...htmlstory.html

Someone please tell me this is a joke or a satire article, because otherwise this proves beyond any doubt that the liberals of California are as if not more retarded than the republicans of Texas.
                      I suspect it will quietly go away after some time in the field. I just cant see how this is an upgrade to a stick.

Comment

Footage of them using it
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCIyacAk0xE

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                          Damn those California weapon laws!
                          This made me chuckle.

Comment

Originally posted by gregaquaman View Post
                            couldn't handle all the jeebus idiocy while waiting for the glorious arm breaking. what time does the arm breaking happen?

Comment

Gonna have to razz our head instructor about this even though he works for an entirely different PD.

Probably will end up "volunteering" myself to be a demo dummy by doing so. Should be entertaining.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X