That guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That guy

You know who I am talking about. That one guy that seems to hurt everyone. I ran into him today at an open mat (he was a blue belt), and 30sec into the roll he can openered the shit out of me and I heard several things pop in my neck. I told him to cut that shit out, and he got really touchy about it and kept on saying that the can opener was part of Jiu Jitsu even after several other people told him it was not cool. We started rolling again, and he seemed to be going really light. I mean as far as blue belts go he was by no means that great (not a lot of pressure), but he was still controlling the match. And then, while I was working from the turtle, he grabbed an arm and cranked a kimura really, really hard. He flipped me over and spun me around really fast with just the kimura and no control over the rest of my body. I tapped as soon as I worked out what was going on, but he still torqued the thing well beyond what was safe. Later I heard from my buddy this same guy had been trying to crank shitty heel hooks on him. What the hell is wrong with people and who gave that man a blue belt?!

That one guy that seems to hurt everyone.
    It's me.

Comment

That's fucked up. Why wasn't he taken to task on that before blue belt?
      I know there's a BJJ gym in my area with that problem, buncha thugs showing up, trying to damage people to prove something.
      New gym time, maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
        It's me.
        No it's not. You're a wrestler. That means you know what top pressure is. You don't roll light at all. This guy went light until he had something, at which point he went full Palhares.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
          No it's not. You're a wrestler. That means you know what top pressure is. You don't roll light at all. This guy went light until he had something, at which point he went full Palhares.
          It's still me.

I used to memorize the hard spot on the mat and then DDT all my wrestling partners on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
            It's still me.

I used to memorize the hard spot on the mat and then DDT all my wrestling partners on it.
            At least that's entertaining. I did wonder if this guy had some catch experience at one point. He went for a shitty version of that Josh Barnett scarf hold neck crank. He told me he was pure BJJ. I guess this is the power of not giving a shit about your training partners.

Comment

He went for a shitty version of that Josh Barnett scarf hold neck crank.
              I do that, too. I learned it from a Ken Shamrock book.

It's really the Mark Coleman neck crank, by the way.

Comment

Have you actually been injured or did it just hurt a little?

Comment

My neck still feels funky.

Comment

Comment

my coach was toying with the idea of making the injurer pay the monthly dues for the injured one while they are out. never really got put into practice though.

guys who regularly hurt people out of carelessness or reckless behavior don't tend to last at a judo dojo. they either get seriously hurt themselves or learn to not be such a dick.

Comment

Can openers give you whip lash. Shit sucks.

Comment

"That guy" was a Brazilian dude whose parents had come to live in Canada. He had a green in Brazil. He broke my left collar bone twice (out of three times), once with kata-guruma and once with ippon-seoi-nage (he would angle me in such a way that I fell down on the point of my shoulder, really bastard throws, also we were drilling, not even sparring). On the first class of my return, it snaps again, and that was after waiting the time the doctor had told me to wait. It's rare for me to be really pissed but I don't think I've ever been so furious in my life.

The one good thing to come from this is that the ER guy hooked me up with Percocet both times. Just a week's supply each time, but I gotta admit, those were a fun 2 weeks and I see why people get addicted to that shit.

He'd also go around and crank up his armlocks really quickly if he caught anyone in newaza randori. Sometimes they had to sit out because their elbow were that sore.

Also, he was "that guy" in another way : his gi smelled. It smelled really bad : the jacket smelled like human exertion, but the closer you got to his ass, the more it'd smell like shit. You didn't want to be caught in a triangle by this guy, else you'd tap pretty much no matter what he'd do. It smelled that terrible, just like unwiped and unwashed ass.

Thankfully, just before we could get collectively really pissed and complain as a group to the head instructor, he left for another city.
                          Last edited by kikoolol; 10/26/2015 10:43am, .

Comment

I think that if someone is being at the level of dick that it causes injuries it should be considered a fight at that point and responded to as such. Nothing says "hey stop being a dick" like a full on ass whoopin.

Comment

Get a large tube sock and fill it with rice. Lay down flat on your back eyes to the ceiling and put the tube sock of rice in the small of your neck as a pillow while you sleep. It will put the curve back in your neck your partner was kind enough to remove by cranking you .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X