Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More fake Gracie University Black Belts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More fake Gracie University Black Belts.

This time they they are little girls .

From BJJEE.Com "

Teen Gracie University Blue Belts Teach Jiu-Jitsu Wearing BJJ Black Belts
    [post-views]Oct 11, 2015GileArticles, FeaturedComments Off
    Teen Gracie University Blue Belts Teach Jiu-Jitsu Wearing BJJ Black Belts

A few days ago BJJEE ran an article on a BJJ instructor who pretended to be a BJJ black belt (exposed by the excellent BJJ Hour) when he was in fact just a Gracie University ‘Technical Blue belt’ (Received belt through the mail). The article provoked uproar in the worldwide BJJ community and the martial arts academy where he was employed terminated his program. The Gracie Academy (home of Gracie University) reacted swiftly and denounced him as a fraud.
    Gracie Academy stated that they approved of the community chasing black belt frauds and that black belts from other martial arts wearing their black belts while teaching a Jiu-Jitsu class was a serious problem:
    Black Belts Are NOT Transferable
    With the explosive popularity of MMA and jiu-jitsu, many martial arts schools are offering multiple disciplines under one roof. This, in and of itself, is not a problem. If however, a black belt instructor of one discipline such as Tang Soo Do, decides that he will wear a black belt when teaching a jiu-jitsu class, even though he is not a black belt in jiu-jitsu, this is called “Black Belt Transferring” and this is a SERIOUS problem.
    There is a strict policy against Black Belt Transferring at all Gracie Academy Certified Training Centers, and even though Mr. McMahon is not certified to teach, and his school has no affiliation to the Gracie Academy, his actions are condemnable.
    As jiu-jitsu’s popularity continues to grow at an unprecedented rate, fraudulent black belts will continue to surface. It’s up to the community to continue reporting suspicious activity so that people are not mislead regarding the authenticity of their instructor’s rank or lineage.
    All frauds must fall.

BJJEE.com was contacted by a fan about another case of Gracie University blue belts teaching a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu class with a BJJ black belt (black with red band and degrees):
    Saw your article about the Gracie fraud and it is happening everywhere. Here is a group of girls in my area that are claiming to be Gracie instructors at the ages of 15 and 17. If you call they claim they are black belts and teach Gracie JJ to hide the fact they are not Gracie BB.
    I love for a big site like yours for exposing these frauds.
    This case is similar to the last one. Teenage sisters Emma and Maycee Barber run the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu training centre in Fort Collins, Colorado, USA. According to the Gracie Academy list of training centres, they are both blue belts under the Gracie Academy and students of Gracie University. The sisters are also black belts in Karate.
    From the pictures on their website and their Facebook page, the sisters teach Jiu-Jitsu classes wearing Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Gi and a BJJ black belt (Red bar with 2 degrees). This type of black belt with the red bar is specific to BJJ and not used in Karate."
    The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

This is odd.

Comment

Indeed
      The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

There has been some speculation regarding the rank of instructors, Emma and Maycee Barber, at Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Fort Collins. The Barber Sisters trained in karate for 12 years and jiu-jitsu for 4 years at Sykes Family Martial Arts in Fort Collins. They earned black belts in karate and were active instructors in the dojo. After Emma and Maycee went through the Gracie Academy Instructor Certification Program, the Barber Family acquired Sykes Family Martial Arts from it's previous owner in 2014, and they decided rebrand the school as Fort Collins Martial Arts/Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Fort Collins. Due to the success of the karate programs at Sykes Family Martial Arts, the Barber Sisters continued teaching the standalone karate program at Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Fort Collins in addition to all the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu programs authorized by the Gracie Academy. Although the eventual goal is to transition all the kids karate students into the Gracie Bullyproof program, in the meantime the Barber Sisters do a great job teaching karate to a solid group of dedicated students. To clarify any misunderstanding, while they almost always wear Gracie gis in the academy, regardless of what they're teaching, the Barber Sisters wear their karate black belts when teaching karate, and when teaching Gracie Jiu-Jitsu they always (and proudly) wear their jiu-jitsu blue belts, as indicated in the photos below. As always, we invite anyone who lives in or around the Fort Collins area to come in for 10 days of free training to experience the amazing programs we offer.
        (my bold)

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...708055&fref=nf

Comment

It doesn't strike me as odd at all. The kind of person who wants to teach GJJ by getting a blue belt through the mail has a lot of overlap with the kind of people who needs their black belt as validation that they're the big fish in their pond. Wearing a non-black belt would lose them face in their school. This is a common bad habit that humans have when in hierarchical organizations. That kind of social milieux common in light-karate krotty/TKD/JJJ/etc schools naturally leads to "Black Belt Transferring" and inflated teaching credentials like we've seen with Ari Bolden, the 17-year-old Texas GJJ mail-order blue belt running a school instead of training with local black belts, the BJJ 2nd degree black belt who was actually a (mail-order!) blue, and now this story.

This is going to get worse, not better, despite quality control efforts in the BJJ community. Too many BJJ instructors are making the cash grab and damning the consequences. This decade we're seeing a flush of high-quality BJJ black belts. In another decade to decade-and-a-half I predict we'll be seeing a flush of BJJ black belts who have only flow rolled, or who do more compliant JJJ-style attack-response walk-throughs than rolling or true drilling.
          What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Comment

Here's the thing...... nobody in that family should own a belt that looks like that.
            Bjj belts are specifically designed to be aesthetically different than other martial arts belts. It is the definition of deceptive practices if you put a Bjj black belt on and pretend its a karate belt. It's even more deceptive if you rename your school Gracie (insert city name here) and walk around with a Bjj black belt on and then claim it is your karate belt. Also not mentioning anywhere on your website that you teach karate. You say you teach striking that incorporates karate boxing kickboxing and Muay Thai. Its b*******.
            Giving these fucks any "legitimate" rank is absurd.
            Last edited by Raycetpfl; 10/11/2015 1:19pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
              Here's the thing...... nobody in that family should own a belt that looks like that.
              Bjj belts are specifically designed to be aesthetically different than other martial arts belts. It is the definition of deceptive practices if you put hey Bjj black belt on and pretend its a karate belt. It's even more deceptive if you rename your school Gracie insert city name here and walk around with a Bjj black belt on and then claim is your karate belt. Also not mentioning anywhere on your website that you teach karate. You say you teach striking that incorporates karate boxing kickboxing and Muay Thai. Is b*******

Also, no references to other arts at their school but gratuitous Gracie JJ logos, apparel, framed pic of Helio etc.
              https://www.facebook.com/graciefortc.../photos_stream

Comment

The girls aren't the only ones at that academy wearing BJJ-style bbs:
                https://www.facebook.com/graciefortc...type=3&theater
                guy in the front seems to have one too.

I had the impression that these girls weren't trying to decieve anyone, but that they simply didn't see the issue with changing belt styles in their karate classes once they became GJJ oriented. What is interesting in this photo though, is that the girls are wearing blue belts in this picture.
                Does anyone know of the BB in the front?

Comment

Originally posted by Guird View Post
                  The girls aren't the only ones at that academy wearing BJJ-style bbs:
                  https://www.facebook.com/graciefortc...type=3&theater
                  guy in the front seems to have one too.

I had the impression that these girls weren't trying to decieve anyone, but that they simply didn't see the issue with changing belt styles in their karate classes once they became GJJ oriented. What is interesting in this photo though, is that the girls are wearing blue belts in this picture.
                  Does anyone know of the BB in the front?

Comment

The brown belt appears to be a Tony Debelak who teaches at
                    https://www.facebook.com/GJJAuroraCO...about.overview

https://www.facebook.com/tonyd.co/about

Comment

This is the exact same shit the other guy pulled. Either these girls are getting a pass for being girls, or they're getting a pass because their affiliation fees (instructor cert course) are all paid up.

Comment

Originally posted by The Villain View Post
                        This is the exact same shit the other guy pulled. Either these girls are getting a pass for being girls, or they're getting a pass because their affiliation fees (instructor cert course) are all paid up.
                        The story just came out. They will be condemned as well. Probably will lose their teaching cert. And affiliation.

Comment

The Gracies can't throw their affiliates under a bus. Once, sure, but three times in a week? It'd kill the trust.

Comment

Besides, this is their clientele. They pay a premium in fees for this. It's not even really that these guys are fake BJJ black belts. They're fake BLUE BELTS. They're real karate guys, in the McDojo sense, paying a premium to purchase affiliations in BJJ while maintaining their primary karate business. The Gracie brothers and their associates find them and sell them a BJJ affiliate program. They then train basic BJJ, without much effort, and then go and sell basic lessons to the clients. So yeah, real black belts, posing as blue belts. But this isn't much different from our standard model anyways, with BJJ players often reaching blue without taking a single punch and higher belts holding affiliations with professors they don't know.
                            Last edited by The Villain; 10/11/2015 4:28pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by The Villain View Post
                              Besides, this is their clientele. They pay a premium in fees for this. It's not even really that these guys are fake BJJ black belts. They're fake BLUE BELTS. They're real karate guys, in the McDojo sense, paying a premium to purchase affiliations in BJJ while maintaining their primary karate business. The Gracie brothers and their associates find them and sell them a BJJ affiliate program. They then train basic BJJ, without much effort, and then go and sell basic lessons to the clients. So yeah, real black belts, posing as blue belts. But this isn't much different from our standard model anyways, with BJJ players often reaching blue without taking a single punch and higher belts holding affiliations with professors they don't know.
                              Judo,wrestling, bjj and sambo make you tough as nails even without punches. Just all the bumps,bruises and breaks over the years tough you up more than an acceptable amount to not be considered bullshit. Groin shots, hard landings on throws etc. . So I don't rant to heavy on that sport vs.street as much as some(I am pro street for the record). Even sport grappling is fantastic self defense.
                              But this shit is indefensible. What angle could be spun that this isn't nonsense? Why are teenagers teaching? They still need guidance. adults should be letting them know how wrong what they are doing is, but I bet it was their parents ideas to use the bjj belts.
                              Right on about being fake blue belts.
                              Last edited by Raycetpfl; 10/11/2015 5:06pm, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X