Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More fake Gracie University Black Belts.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Ulsteryank View Post
    A worn Shureido belt with 2 fresh white dan stripes. You don't see that often.
    Lots of belt grabbing type throws and ground wrasslin in that karate stuff, doncha know ?

    Comment


      Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
      You're allowed to drink Budweiser in Ireland?
      Yea, well it's nit a bad choice if you're going bulk and on the cheap. I wouldn't say it'd be my drink of choice, but I'm not one to complain either.

      Comment


        Can anyone point me to who Seth Sykes got his Kajukenbo rank from? I have the family tree open, but it's an image and I don't feel like checking every damn branch.

        Comment


          I think Sykes trained here: http://www.ibba.us/index.html

          Comment


            Originally posted by DCS View Post
            I think Sykes trained here: http://www.ibba.us/index.html
            'Professor' Robert eh?

            Comment


              Not to derail this thread any further... But is there a such thing as good kajukenbo? I've only seen one live demonstration of the style ever, on the negative side, it kind of looked like American kenpo karate where a guy throws a punch then the other guy blocks it and hits him like 8 times while he just stands there. But on the positive side the demo was being done by this smokin' hot Asian girl with a tramp stamp. And I loves me some tramp stamps... Minus Brock Lesner of course.

              But didn't Benny Urquidez come from a kajukenbo background or something like that?

              Comment


                Originally posted by BJMills View Post
                Not to derail this thread any further... But is there a such thing as good kajukenbo? I've only seen one live demonstration of the style ever, on the negative side, it kind of looked like American kenpo karate where a guy throws a punch then the other guy blocks it and hits him like 8 times while he just stands there. But on the positive side the demo was being done by this smokin' hot Asian girl with a tramp stamp. And I loves me some tramp stamps... Minus Brock Lesner of course.

                But didn't Benny Urquidez come from a kajukenbo background or something like that?
                The kaju I've seen has been way better than the other kempo I've seen. They actually kickbox and grapple, and they crosstrain in other arts (and by that I mean they actually go to classes outside their dojo, rather than clumsily imitating stuff from Youtube). A few of them used to come to the FMA class I used to attend in a garage, for example. They had a tendency to break things down into (IMHO) unnecessarily small pieces and practice things by-the-numbers like they tend to do in a karate class, but they still did the important stuff and I try not to begrudge attention to detail.

                My first stickfight at a Dog Brothers gathering was against a seasoned kajukempo instructor. He's a small Thai guy who's a fraction of my size, and the match ended with him in a reverse mount stabbing me in the groin with a training knife. He's badass. He trains in other stuff too but like I said that's common in good kaju.

                I've also been to those hotel ballroom krotty/tkd/XMA/crappling/wushu/knife fighting/stickfighting tournaments and seen bad kaju. Kid-blackbelts-covered-in-patches-doing-toy-weapon-kata-set-to-Mortal-Kombat style kaju. So I'm not out to defend the style as a whole and I've never trained it myself.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                  The kaju I've seen has been way better than the other kempo I've seen. They actually kickbox and grapple, and they crosstrain in other arts (and by that I mean they actually go to classes outside their dojo, rather than clumsily imitating stuff from Youtube). A few of them used to come to the FMA class I used to attend in a garage, for example. They had a tendency to break things down into (IMHO) unnecessarily small pieces and practice things by-the-numbers like they tend to do in a karate class, but they still did the important stuff and I try not to begrudge attention to detail.

                  My first stickfight at a Dog Brothers gathering was against a seasoned kajukempo instructor. He's a small Thai guy who's a fraction of my size, and the match ended with him in a reverse mount stabbing me in the groin with a training knife. He's badass. He trains in other stuff too but like I said that's common in good kaju.

                  I've also been to those hotel ballroom krotty/tkd/XMA/crappling/wushu/knife fighting/stickfighting tournaments and seen bad kaju. Kid-blackbelts-covered-in-patches-doing-toy-weapon-kata-set-to-Mortal-Kombat style kaju. So I'm not out to defend the style as a whole and I've never trained it myself.
                  The dudes on fight quest were fucking "always be prepared" mostly LARPing krav like clowns best I could tell. They did spar,but it just screamed krav in their level of spaz nonsensical bullshit techniques.
                  The highest ranking dude in California advice on technique: "Punch him in the arms." Unmmm.... yeah... anyway. Then the dudes from the show tuned their guys up at the end.
                  Like anything I am sure there are some bad ass dudes around. My buddy is a Tang So Do black belt that boxed and kickboxed. Dudes legit but I wouldn't go as far to say he is the norm. The McDojo effect has grown strong with the gi punchkickery.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                    The dudes on fight quest were fucking "always be prepared" mostly LARPing krav like clowns best I could tell. They did spar,but it just screamed krav in their level of spaz nonsensical bullshit techniques.
                    I saw that episode and thought it was pretty bad too. That giant dude elbowing one of them in the spine was a dick move.
                    The highest ranking dude in California advice on technique: "Punch him in the arms." Unmmm.... yeah... anyway.
                    I wonder if he's ever encountered the "elbow him in the fist" bodyshot defense.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                      I saw that episode and thought it was pretty bad too. That giant dude elbowing one of them in the spine was a dick move.

                      I wonder if he's ever encountered the "elbow him in the fist" bodyshot defense.
                      I can barely elbow someone in the body or head if they are a good striker. Anyone that wants me to elbow or punch punches out of the air can fuck off.
                      I don't think I am possessed by the proper ninja spirits for that s*** to work for me. That stuff reminds me of this Wing Chun dummy that's all over YouTube but refuses to answer any challenges.

                      Comment

                      Collapse

                      Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                      Working...
                      X