Fake BJJ black belts and "technical blue belts"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    No other legit art uses the rank bar. It's the reason bjj has a rank bar on the belt.
    FALSE. This is what I'm talking about.

https://www.google.com/search?q=elvi...d2-aguymuco%3D

There's Elvis with a Karate rank bar. So clearly other arts do use rank bars of varying colors. Hell, even the BJJ rank bars can change color.

Comment

What I'm saying is that there is little to no proof that this guy INTENDED to mislead. And there's also no proof that anyone was mislead. The conclusion should be that this guy isn't a BJJ black belt and in fact a blue belt. Anything else is conjecture.

Comment

Originally posted by The Villain View Post
        You took a survey? You asked the guy? How did you reach this conclusion?
        I read the Gracie University rank of blue belt, and then the school that fired him gave a statement.
        He was wearing a BJJ Belt, not a jjj belt or sambo.
        The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Bill Jones Ok guys, here’s the update to this whole mess.
          I spoke directly to the owner of High Kix academy this morning at length.
          His name is Mark Oravec. He was super nice and extremely respectful about the whole situation. As has been mentioned before on the posts, Mr Oravec was unaware of the exact certifications of Mr McMahon. Since this whole issue has been brought up, he received Mr. McMahon’s certificates in various “other styles of jujitsu.”
          Mr. Oravec took the time to read the posts over at The BJJ Hour’s facebook page and now understands EXACTLY what the problem is and the clear appearance of fraud that is taking place. He has spoken with Mr. McMahon and they will no longer be offering Mr. McMahon’s jujitsu program.
          This is as of 10-8-2015.
          This statement? Where the guy claims black belts in other styles, but not BJJ? Where he had no idea of any credentials in the first place?

FOCUS RAY. I understand a powerful pull is taking place to turn your brain off, submit to the narrative and join the lynch mob, but this is Bullshido, we're better than that. We don't leap to conclusions of fact or intent. We have enough info to conclude he's not a black belt in BJJ, and was rolling in a black belt of some sort. We can't prove he mislead people about this deliberately. At this point, that piece of evidence simply does not exist.

Comment

FALSE. This is what I'm talking about.

https://www.google.com/search?q=elvi...d2-aguymuco%3D

There's Elvis with a Karate rank bar. So clearly other arts do use rank bars of varying colors. Hell, even the BJJ rank bars can change color.
            Lol Elvis was a fake martial artist. Dude was not legit and his gi is silk. Dude might has well been wearing fucking clown shoes.
            https://youtu.be/odP1e37lbXA

What art hands those silk belts out? His rank was real. His skills were not.
            Last edited by Raycetpfl; 10/08/2015 4:49pm, .
            The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Point is, the rank bar existed prior to BJJ. It's been a thing.

Comment

The non misleading pic:

What would be needed for considering it misleading?

Comment

He's standing in the pics. If those are up in the school, it makes sense he;s in front of them, regardles of rank,
                  Last edited by The Villain; 10/08/2015 5:00pm, .

Comment

We can't prove he mislead people about this deliberately. At this point, that piece of evidence simply does not exist.
                    Yep, if only we had some sort of evidence he was intentionally misleading the public. Like having an instagram account with BJJ in the name, with a picture of a BJJ black belt on it on top of a Gracie Jiu Jitsu patched gi. Until then, we got nothing.

2018 Male Purple Belt Adult No Gi
                    #2 Ranked Competitor - QBJJC

Comment

Hmmmmmmm... cool twitter tags. #dudesafraud technically everyone did over react to the pictures. He's only fraudulently claiming to be a bjj 1st degree black belt and instructor. ... not a 2nd degree
                      Pretending that belt isn't a bjj belt is crazy,but the hash tags pretty much remove any possible doubts what he is trying to do.
                      Last edited by Raycetpfl; 10/08/2015 4:59pm, .

Comment

Cual's pic I consider legitimately and intentionally misleading.

Comment

Cual's pic I consider legitimately and intentionally misleading.
                          I knew you would come around! I saved you a pitch fork and torch :-)

Comment

Logic is, a pic featuring him wearing x belt during y activity is one thing. It happens. A pic of JUST X BELT, with the slogan and trapping of Y activity is clearly designed to deceive. Why? Because there's no real reason for the belt to be in the pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                              No other legit art uses the rank bar. It's the reason bjj has a rank bar on the belt.
                              That's not true.

Comment

I see a difference between bullshido and its investigators and the BJJ police. Primarily, we go through a process. We look deeper, we think deeper, we go where the evidence takes us. The so called BJJ police just react. That's why I needed to see Cual's pic first.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X