Anthony Bourdain in Okinawa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anthony Bourdain in Okinawa

Anthony Bourdain, chef and BJJ player, goes to Okinawa and tries Karate...

http://www.eater.com/2015/10/7/94725...-parts-unknown

I'm speechless.

Originally posted by DCS View Post
    Anthony Bourdain, chef and BJJ player, goes to Okinawa and tries Karate...

http://www.eater.com/2015/10/7/94725...-parts-unknown

I'm speechless.
    Everyone I let do presure points on me are often both speechess and confused.
    The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Hahahaha,
      "Ok, Mr Bourdain, please grapple with my student."
      "Good, now I'll come over there and poke you!"
      "See! Awesome stuff huh?!"

Comment

The food looked pretty tasty.

Comment

Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
          The food looked pretty tasty.
          Best part of the clip...
          Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

I thought I'd mis-read it. Yep, I've read Kitchen Confidential and I'm not even a foodie. Good for him.

Comment

Hahahaha,
              "Ok, Mr Bourdain, please grapple with my student."
              "Good, now I'll come over there and poke you!"
              "See! Awesome stuff huh?!"
              That was on him though. "The only thing I knew how to do was to pull guard and try some sort of choke." That ain't exactly amazing street tactics.

Comment

He totally has Kyokushin karateka friends in Japan too, so like... Uh?

He looks kinda hot in a dogi though.
                Last edited by Evergrey; 10/10/2015 8:58pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by The Villain View Post
                  That was on him though. "The only thing I knew how to do was to pull guard and try some sort of choke." That ain't exactly amazing street tactics.
                  Pretty much exactly how a pretty fresh whitebelt would be expected to react, or this more of your "BJJ doesn't work in the street"?
                  I mean he could just as easily have walked over and kicked Chef in the head and made that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Evergrey View Post
                    He totally has Kyokushin karateka friends in Japan too, so like... Uh?

He looks kinda hot in a dogi though.
                    You mean as in overheated, or as in "I like older men and he is kinda hot in that dogi, though? "
                    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Pretty much exactly how a pretty fresh whitebelt would be expected to react, or this more of your "BJJ doesn't work in the street"?
                      I mean he could just as easily have walked over and kicked Chef in the head and made that point.

He's a blue belt now

Comment

He stated himself he only knew one option. That's on him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Villain View Post
                          He stated himself he only knew one option. That's on him.

What the hell does that have to do with the instructor walking up as a third person?

Comment

Why did he even have to be in guard to demonstrate that?

Comment

What the hell does that have to do with the instructor walking up as a third person?
                              He picked the worst possible opening move.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X