Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bar fights and making the most out of improvised weapons.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar fights and making the most out of improvised weapons.

I know, I know. It's played out, but I was seriously thinking about the implications.

What if improvised weapons are bullshit? What if the only way to stop a Bad Guy with a gun is to have a Good Guy shoot him in the face?

What if the same people who think Wing Chun will make them some White Knight in a bar fight or the KM savior, fall for this shit.

I mean don't get me wrong. I love me some Phoenix Jones. He actually just got involved with a lovely situation with a pistol.
    http://thefreethoughtproject.com/vig...rder-progress/

Originally posted by the fucking article, read it. It is pretty hilarious.
    “The bloodied victim in the incident wouldn’t provide officers with much information about the fight, but a witness–Seattle’s (in)famous masked adventurer, Phoenix Jones–told police he had seen the suspects pistol-whip and kick the victim after knocking him to the ground.”
    ... what was I saying?

Oh yeah what if improvised weapons didn't work? What if it took actual training to smash someone in the head with an ashtray? What if you had to specifically learn how to throw said ashtray? Would it take years of throwing different sized and weighted items to gain enough skill, to one day under intense fear and pressure, smash an ashtray off a terrorist's head. In order to stop the attack on the patio of the local hipster barcade?

Anyways ...I have homework to do.

I leave you with this. This is my solution. Ban guns, I don't care.

Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 10/05/2015 6:47pm, . Reason: words are really hard ...
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Create distance and grab a chair.

You can slam it into his face, you can stab with it.
    Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
      Create distance and grab a chair.

You can slam it into his face, you can stab with it.
      Yeah ... sure. Some TKD enthusiast is going to go all Black Belt Test on you and impale you like Buffy does with the shards. If the TKD Black Belt Anti-Christian Terrorist has a gun then what? You gunna out gun a gun with a chair? You just backed up created space, now the terrorist is shooting people and spin kicking your chair into smaller pieces. He just put 5 rounds into the Ninja Turtles 4 player game and your boifriend.

How do we handle this?
      I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
      BILL HICKS,
      1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
      ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
        I know, I know. It's played out, but I was seriously thinking about the implications.

What if improvised weapons are bullshit? What if the only way to stop a Bad Guy with a gun is to have a Good Guy shoot him in the face?

What if the same people who think Wing Chun will make them some White Knight in a bar fight or the KM savior, fall for this shit.

I mean don't get me wrong. I love me some Phoenix Jones. He actually just got involved with a lovely situation with a pistol.

... what was I saying?

Oh yeah what if improvised weapons didn't work? What if it took actual training to smash someone in the head with an ashtray? What if you had to specifically learn how to throw said ashtray? Would it take years of throwing different sized and weighted items to gain enough skill, to one day under intense fear and pressure, smash an ashtray off a terrorist's head. In order to stop the attack on the patio of the local hipster barcade?

You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead hands you damn dirty ape.
        The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Joerg is the Bavarian MacGyver.

I've tried, but it's nearly impossible to count the actual number of improvised weapons videos he's posted online.

He crafts and sells these amazing polycarbonate slingshots

http://www.amazon.com/Rambone-Slings.../dp/B00IMIJ4AO

Fuck bars. Finding this guy is on my zombie apocalypse plan.

Comment

If throwing the ashtray didn't work, at least I've got a handful of cigarette ashes palmed in my left hand to use as blinding powder like Chong Li.

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
              If throwing the ashtray didn't work, at least I've got a handful of cigarette ashes palmed in my left hand to use as blinding powder like Chong Li.

Can I point out that smashing a guy with an ashtray used to be pretty damn effective. As they used to be glass. Nowadays not so much.
              Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
              http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Comment

Yeah ... sure. Some TKD enthusiast is going to go all Black Belt Test on you and impale you like Buffy does with the shards. If the TKD Black Belt Anti-Christian Terrorist has a gun then what? You gunna out gun a gun with a chair? You just backed up created space, now the terrorist is shooting people and spin kicking your chair into smaller pieces. He just put 5 rounds into the Ninja Turtles 4 player game and your boifriend.

How do we handle this?

Assault into ambush. I dont think i have ever created space with a weapon. I just went the guy.
                Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
                http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Comment

Since smoking in closed spaces is banned around here, the number of ashtrays available for "Combat Feng-Shui" in bars is close to zero.

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
                    Since smoking in closed spaces is banned around here, the number of ashtrays available for "Combat Feng-Shui" in bars is close to zero.
                    You have not been hanging out in the right places. Did you miss the part about the outdoor patio of a local barcade? We can still smoke outside in the rain and the truly hip spots still have ashtrays.

How about a different scenario. You ,your wife, and two other couples from church are enjoying an innocent night in Vegas on vacation. You all went in on a sweet suite and are settling in for the night when 4 Black Lives Matter protesters kick in the door and start firing their illegally obtained AK47s at you because you're Christians.

Now you have ashtrays and all sorts of things to defend yourself with. Some people would have you believe you can only get out of this likely situation is by having greater fire power. By having guns.

What is really strange is that JoergSprave again has the same solution I had, when it happened to me back in '72.

BILL HICKS,
                    1961-1994

---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

... what was I saying?

1.) Stay out of bars.

2.) You seem to me to be a stay at home type of alcoholic, so (1) shouldn't be an issue for you.
                      Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                        Joerg is the Bavarian MacGyver.

I've tried, but it's nearly impossible to count the actual number of improvised weapons videos he's posted online.

He crafts and sells these amazing polycarbonate slingshots

http://www.amazon.com/Rambone-Slings.../dp/B00IMIJ4AO

Fuck bars. Finding this guy is on my zombie apocalypse plan.
                        I was sold on the ashtray launcher when I saw the broken beer bottle bayonet.

I am not sure who I would fear more... a young nervous looking dude in a suit with a shotgun on his back and a handgun slung mid thigh or a slightly homeless looking older fellow with the ashtray launcher slung across his back pan handling.

If the solution for gun violence is an arms race... society is about to get even more interesting.
                        BILL HICKS,
                        1961-1994

---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

You have not been hanging out in the right places. Did you miss the part about the outdoor patio of a local barcade? We can still smoke outside in the rain and the truly hip spots still have ashtrays.
                          I usually carry at least one folding knife and trust the 21 foot rule.

How about a different scenario. You ,your wife, and two other couples from church are enjoying an innocent night in Vegas on vacation. You all went in on a sweet suite and are settling in for the night when 4 Black Lives Matter protesters kick in the door and start firing their illegally obtained AK47s at you because you're Christians.
                          I'd shout Allahu Akbar with all my might so they become confused, then see above.

Now you have ashtrays and all sorts of things to defend yourself with. Some people would have you believe you can only get out of this likely situation is by having greater fire power. By having guns.
                          Guns are for pussies, real men roll on the ground half naked and sweating.

BTW, the "You ,your wife, and two other couples from church are enjoying an innocent night in Vegas on vacation" has the same probabilities being hit by a meteorite. I don't go to the church and I've seen CSI:LV. I'm not going to get even close to that crazy place.

OTOH, some of these days I have to start the paperwork to transfer my father's firearms to me. He is getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
                            I usually carry at least one folding knife and trust the 21 foot rule.
                            Most rational people carry a decent knife. Most rational persons don't worry about 4 men with AK47s kicking in their door mid cocaine fueled orgy, hunting Christians.

I'd shout Allahu Akbar with all my might so they become confused, then see above.
                            See, you would show up in the papers as a caught terrorist doing that shit.
                            Guns are for pussies
                            I mean ... guns are to shoot things. Lots of people have lots of reasons to shoot things.
                            real men roll on the ground half naked and sweating.
                            I was talking about the difference between Mexican Sambo, Japanese Sambo, and Systema (Russian Sambo)on Facebook earlier. Japanese Sambo has the pants and the jacket so does Mexican Sambo... but Systema has the boy shorts. It is very confusing.
                            BTW, the "You ,your wife, and two other couples from church are enjoying an innocent night in Vegas on vacation" has the same probabilities being hit by a meteorite. I don't go to the church and I've seen CSI:LV. I'm not going to get even close to that crazy place.
                            I knew and thought about that. It was more of a general "you". I didn't make that clear. I wasn't thinking you lived such a life nor would I wish it on you.

OTOH, some of these days I have to start the paperwork to transfer my father's firearms to me. He is getting old.
                            That sounds like a good idea actually.
                            Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 10/06/2015 10:38am, . Reason: Illiteracy
                            BILL HICKS,
                            1961-1994

---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

I just imagined the ultimate bar self defense tool to sell to the Phil Elmores of the world:

A plastic cap that fits over the thick end of a pool cue, connected to a loop of surgical tubing. You wear it around your neck to bars, so you can convert any pool cue into a Hawaiian sling for bar fights.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X