Your Style is Bull-poop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandem View Post
    If, however, we want to get rid of the BS in the martial arts world, the only way to do that is by convincing people to abandon crappy training, and the best way to do that is by being a bit more polite and helpful.
    I've done the research and its not a lack of politeness that keeps them from the truth.

Comment

I'm just pointing out that some of the people who DO seem to care are going about it the wrong way.
      They don't care, they are just smug jackasses that like trying to penis other people in the face with their self-perceived rectitude. It would be like responding to somebody's "please pray for my sick kid" post with "lolol prays don't help nuffin!" Irrespective of whether it's true, it's not being done to convince anybody of anything.

Comment

I'm not saying all martial arts deserve respect, I'm saying that insulting people sets you up as the aggressor which makes them less likely to accept that your art is better and they should train in it. For example, I have a friend that used to train at a really shitty TKD place. If i mocked him about that all the time he would get angry and stop listening to me; instead, I just recommended Muay Thai to him saying his TKD kicks might transfer well into that style, and now he does Muay Thai with me.
        You are not accustomed to dealing with delusional people, are you ?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X