BJJ: This Stuff Don't Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BJJ: This Stuff Don't Work

Great in a ring. Lovely. On the mats? Lovely. On the street though? For professionals? This bullshit will get you killed. Why?

1. Taking it to the ground is a terrible idea.

2. Subs are slow. You need fast action and immediate damage.

3. Chokes are easily recognized by the general public and will escalate any situation.

4. The other guy's gonna swing

What they did was take an element of effective fighting, remove the more dangerous aspects from the equation and go "Ta-da!". Back to the drawing board for me. I mean, I survived this round of bullshit, but it was a close call.
    Last edited by jnp; 9/25/2015 7:46am, .

Originally posted by The Villain View Post
    Great in a ring. Lovely. On the mats? Lovely. On the street though? For professionals? This bullshit will get you killed. Why?

3. Chokes are easily recognized by the general public and will escalate any situation.

What they did was take an element of effective fighting, remove the more dangerous aspects from the equation and go "Ta-da!". Back to the drawing board for me. I mean, I survived this round of bullshit, but it was a close call.
    Seems to work well for Phoenix Jones. Maybe you can take lessons that can help you in your street war.

Comment

Do mma ya big nut.

Then you can stay standing.
      Punch people.
      Learn cheeky grinds that less people see.
      And you might even block a punch or two. Plus wrestling which is like akido except it actually works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGl-oqdpmEw
      Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
      http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Comment

Learn to Judo.

Comment

Plenty of people use GJJ in the real world everyday and it goes just as planned. My friends and I have used it without fail. What went wrong for you?
          The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Please don't use expletives in thread titles. It pisses off Google and they're the only source of income BS has.
            Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Recently saw the video of the guy that got beaten and kicked to death over a parking dispute. Guard pull and triangle would have done him a world of good.
              "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
              DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
              Originally posted by Devil
              Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
              Originally posted by Plasma
              At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
              Originally posted by SoulMechanic
              Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

BJJ works fine when the other person also sticks to BJJ. Even in the street.

If not, YMMV.

Comment

BJJ worked just fine for you when you fought JFS on the street.
                  "Through the centuries, the Jews have endured terrible persecution, and you know that. We've all read it, studied it. They've gone through a lot. And those seeking their destruction, we will seek their destruction." -President Donald Trump, spewing his Nazi, racist, anti-Semitism.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                    BJJ worked just fine for you when you fought JFS on the street.
                    Technically that was a parking lot. There was less lava, but more needles.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                      BJJ works fine when the other person also sticks to BJJ. Even in the street.

If not, YMMV.
                      What does that mean? Grappling > striking

4 combatants > 1 combatant
                      Nothing is magic but bjj is easily one of the most effective martial arts.
                      The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

So... What did I miss?

Comment

Originally posted by BJMills View Post
                          So... What did I miss?
                          He is bouncing now and appears to be finding out he might need some auxilliary training.

Or maybe the drug lords/gang members/Brazilian hit squad is after him again.
                          Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                            What does that mean? Grappling > striking

4 combatants > 1 combatant
                            Nothing is magic but bjj is easily one of the most effective martial arts.
                            It's still for pussies. You have actively choose to not be a pussy, and cross-train outside BJJ to be well rounded.

Comment

It sounds like you're complaining that the system fails in situations where no system would reliably succeed.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X