Joe Rogan tells an Aikido instructor that Aikido sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Rogan tells an Aikido instructor that Aikido sucks

Joe Rogan brings an Aikido instructor onto his podcast, and doesn't pull any punches in telling him that his art sucks, and isn't based at all in reality. To the guest's credit, he didn't get combative or overly defensive like I would have expected.

On the plus side, I'm googling Mifune videos.

Comment

I don't agree everything Rogan says especially when it come to him and Bravo on Conspiracy theories and other bullshit. However, when it come to Martial Arts he is almost always dead on.

Comment

Aikido instructor who can't remember the name of the founder and says there are vids of him participating 'mult-martial-arts' competition in the 70's?

Sounds legit.

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
          On the plus side, I'm googling Mifune videos.
          You only need this one

Comment

So this is the aikido guy:

The shoemaker's son always goes barefoot.

Comment

i've looked pretty extensively of *any* non-compliant footage of ueshiba and have yet to see any. plenty of written accounts but no one was ever filming as far as i can tell.

Comment

The guy is not good at the history of his own art. I vaguely remember what he was talking about (maybe), but it wasn't particularly flattering to aikido anyway.

The history of aikido is irrelevant anyway, what matters is its current state. Its terrible, terrible current state.

Comment

Originally posted by Ke?poFist View Post
                  Joe Rogan brings an Aikido instructor onto his podcast, and doesn't pull any punches in telling him that his art sucks, and isn't based at all in reality. To the guest's credit, he didn't get combative or overly defensive like I would have expected.

If you watch the last 30 seconds of this video, guy says he used to restrain psych patients using Aikido.

Comment

I kind of got the impression that he was saying "I am trained in restraining psych patients, so I'm qualified to tell you Aikido works".

Comment

Originally posted by <plasma> View Post
                      I don't agree everything Rogan says especially when it come to him and Bravo on Conspiracy theories and other bullshit. However, when it come to Martial Arts he is almost always dead on.
                      I disagree with his specific application of the Jiu Jitsu theory often but as a broader picture i absolutely agree with his sentiment.
                      Here's the thing. If an art hasn't been monetized in mma it probably doesn't work. Boxing,Muay thai,karate,wrestling, sambo,,judo, bjj- they have all produced championship level dudes. Aikido hasn't and never will.
                      Akido as a fighting style is bullshit. It's really cool meditation though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ke?poFist View Post

Well, if the guy is truly a died in the wool, indoctrinated aikidoka, then he would not get defensive.

So, as far as the true purpose of Aikido goes...

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
                          So this is the aikido guy:

The shoemaker's son always goes barefoot.
                          So he is caught between the Devil and the deep blue sea, eh ?

Kind of like ghost55...

Comment

I greatly prefer Rogan's podcast voice over his fight announcer voice.

Comment

"I have used it in a bar" sure you have buddy the same bar all you stupid fucks goe the imaginary bar based off road house and dusk till dawn no doubt

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X