Is there any real hope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any real hope?

Is there any real hope for an 80 year old to learn to protect himself by buying DVD's? Or do you have to go to a gym regularly and work our?

I see ads for pressure point secrets that say age and strength don't matter.

Is it all crap or are there some that really can help?

TIA.

Its pretty much crap. Fighting is very physical, and learning to fight through a DVD is like trying to learn to swim or lift weights from a video (only even more difficult).

Pressure point fighting, even when taught in a flesh and blood setting, doesn't work well in the real world. There's a reason competitive fighters don't use pressure point styles (and its not because of rules).

When you're asking about self defense, what were you imagining defending against? I'd recommend a concealed carry permit and firearm training for an 80 year old who needed self defense options. If that's not an option, I'd recommend pepper spray (and some training in its use).

Comment

Comment

Is there any real hope for an 80 year old to learn to protect himself by buying DVD's? Or do you have to go to a gym regularly and work our?
        Neither. What you're looking for is a cane sword:

http://www.thewebcollection.com/trav...-canes-400.jpg
        Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyc View Post

TIA.
          All Crap. Sorry man, there is no short cuts to learning to defend oneself. This is this as the Martial Arts equivalent of snake oil salesmans offering that "miracle cure."

Comment

Originally posted by rickyc View Post

TIA.
            I learned to fight from playing video games. My gun kata is SICK! [image]http://i0.wp.com/scifi4me.files.word...deadpool-4.jpg[/image]
            The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

There is no quality, alive training where an 80 year old white belt won't get completely murdered. Follow the advice you were already given. Buy a gun and learn to shoot.....if your cataracts permit. If you're blind as fuck or shake like a leaf, just buy a dog, stay at home and hope for the best. You're old anyway. If you get beaten to death, it's probably just your time.

Comment

There is no hope for anyone of any age to learn to protect themselves via DVDs.
                "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
                DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
                Originally posted by Devil
                Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
                Originally posted by Plasma
                At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
                Originally posted by SoulMechanic
                Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
                  Eh. Throw a DVD box, really putting your body into the throw, into someone's eye. Might blind them and give you a chance to get away.

Comment

DVD's for self defense?

http://www.deathvalleymag.com/2010/0...the-dvd-shank/

Comment

Originally posted by Devil View Post
                      If you get beaten to death, it's probably just your time.
                      QUOTE of the century? I don't know. I am going to have to defer to the 80 yr old. I feel he knows more about centuries than me.
                      The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                        I learned to fight from playing video games. My gun kata is SICK!
                        I fucker up the tags.... Previously. That's embarrassing.

Comment

Evan tanner and Jeremy horn learned Jiu Jitsu from the Gracie vhs tapes. Crazy right? Obviously they trained with other humans too.

Comment

Originally posted by Devil View Post
                            There is no quality, alive training where an 80 year old white belt won't get completely murdered. Follow the advice you were already given. Buy a gun and learn to shoot.....if your cataracts permit. If you're blind as fuck or shake like a leaf, just buy a dog, stay at home and hope for the best. You're old anyway. If you get beaten to death, it's probably just your time.
                            If he buys this gun it won't matter if he can see or if his hands shake.

Comment

China is building a huge building out of DVDs..

http://inhabitat.com/igreen-giant-en...dvds-in-china/

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X