Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are your 5 most over rated martial artists of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[reflist][/reflist]Chuvalo might've been before Tyson's time, but there were still a few good chinsters in his era.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
      Larry Holmes didn't put down Randall "Tex" Cobb either but By God, did he ship punishment. There was a clear case for the Ref to stop it. The only thing of merit was Cobb's wit: 'They should have stopped it if only to save Larry's Gloves from abuse' and similar.
      Chuvalo to the ref after the stoppage against Foreman: "What are you, nuts?".
      Who cares that Chuvalo wasn't happy about it? The Ref has a responsibility to save a fighter from his own courage. The corner won't always take that step. Jeff Lacy was finished by Calzaghe because Lacy had a Brave Manager....
      My point was that nobody ever knocked Chuvalo down. If Tyson had done it, then you might say he's the hardest-punching guy Chuvalo ever faced. As it stands, the hardest hitter Chuvalo ever faced was life itself. He has had a rough ride.
      Last edited by NeilG; 9/16/2015 2:32pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
        I don't even know what this means.....
        Dan Severn wants to rape you.

https://www.facebook.com/thomas.hunt...type=2&theater

Comment

Originally posted by NeilG View Post
          Chuvalo to the ref after the stoppage against Foreman: "What are you, nuts?".
          My point was that nobody ever knocked Chuvalo down. If Tyson had done it, then you might say he's the hardest-punching guy Chuvalo ever faced. As it stands, the hardest hitter Chuvalo ever faced was life itself. He has had a rough ride.
          Yes, I'm broadly aware of how Life outside the ring treated him so I agree with your rough ride comment.

As an aside, one thing comes to Mind. When Tyson was on his way up, he fought Reggie Gross, who can be seen swinging away at Tyson. The latter shows excellent elusiveness in bobbing and weaving and then nails Gross with a single hook to KO him. The next time I read of Gross, he'd been sentenced for taking up other employment. He'd become a hitman and was jailed for life. I suppose he thought that easier than facing Tyson a second time.
          Last edited by Eddie Hardon; 9/28/2015 1:30pm, . Reason: hook not hock

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X