No announcement yet.

How fast can Black belt be achieved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It can not be determined if something inappropriate occurred with the information given. Maybe. Maybe not.

Comment

I thought so, just found it odd that a person that doesn't have a "big" name in the game would move so fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Started View Post
        I thought so, just found it odd that a person that doesn't have a "big" name in the game would move so fast.
        Well, sure, but we can't make sense of it with no information.

Comment

Was able to narrow done the Brown to Black belt a little.

Claims Black belt status between the end of 2011 and mid 2012.

I have heard of Brown being a pit stop, but how often does this occur?
          When you fuckin' smash dudes and are a good teacher.
          Think of it as an hours thing. Land of imagination : We both train for 5 years but you go to class once a week and I go to 2 classes a day 5-6 days a week and read bjj books and watch videos in my free time. Plus i get private lessons with some of the greats (cyborg, drysdale,etc.)over the years. My hours put in will dwarf yours. My knowledge base will as well. You throw in some athletic ability and you got a top notch dude on your hands.

Comment

You do realize that fame and ability are two different things, right? Don't get sucked in to the BJJ cult of personality.

Comment

The thing is its not "so fast" it is a little bit faster than normal but far from even being an outlier.

Comment

Originally posted by The Villain View Post
                You do realize that fame and ability are two different things, right? Don't get sucked in to the BJJ cult of personality.
                Yes.

At the same time BJJ fame bases of of respected skill set is something that can be found with out the cult of personality.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                  The thing is its not "so fast" it is a little bit faster than normal but far from even being an outlier.
                  Just found it odd a person could compete few times as a purple belt show one compatition in IBJJF as a purple belt in 2010 then show one competition in IBJJF as a brown belt in 2011. Didn't seem to have any BJJ comps in 2011 other than the one IBJJF.

Clearly I have more to learn.

Thanks for giving some light to the little information I have provided.

Comment

Gunnar Nelson 4 Years, BJ Penn 3.5 Years, Caio Terra 3.5 Mike Fowler 4 years, Loyd Irvin 3.5 years (I could be wrong about the actual time but I do believe I'm close). These are fast for a black belt.

Comment

Loyd Irvin 3.5 years (I could be wrong about the actual time but I do believe I'm close).
                      You are incorrect. That's the stated claim, but records show he was active well before that, and also show that he purchased the belt for $10,000

Comment

You are incorrect. That's the stated claim, but records show he was active well before that, and also show that he purchased the belt for $10,000
                        Can you produce said records?
                        Nothing makes me happier than dogging incompenent rapists and those that defend rapists. Fuck that guy.

Comment

Honestly, he's not what people think he is. He's a cult leader, but there are problems with the rape narrative. I trained cops, many of whom have kids in that system, so I figured it'd be no problem to have him arrested, once provided with evidence. One second, as I track down his belt scenario.

Comment

Does anyone know how to beat Rexxfield? Irvin is using military grade cybersecurity to manipulate search results in google. Is there an effective way around this?

Comment

Honestly, he's not what people think he is. He's a cult leader, but there are problems with the rape narrative. I trained cops, many of whom have kids in that system, so I figured it'd be no problem to have him arrested, once provided with evidence. One second, as I track down his belt scenario.
                              Here's my thoughts on that matter-
                              I read the court transcripts. I am going by his testamony during a rape trial when he was accused of rape.
                              I am going by the video of what his male medal chasers did to a female under age drunk student and then he paid for the lawyers to help them beat a charge in a state with weak rape laws.
                              I am going by him letting DJ Jackson drive the kiddy bus after he had sexual charges filed against him for what was basically date rape of a virgin teenager that he pled down and was punished for. As in accepted guilt.
                              So that's what I am going on.
                              http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/th...-irvin-6394125
                              Last edited by Raycetpfl; 9/11/2015 11:53am, .

Comment

MMAHistoryProject, AKA Matt Phillips, AKA, WarWheel documents Irvin training as early as 2006.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/ns/t...&page=1#bottom

I read the court transcripts. I am going by his testamony during a rape trial when he was accused of rape.
                                Agreed.

I am going by the video of what his male medal chasers did to a female under age drunk student and then he paid for the lawyers to help them beat a charge in a state with weak rape laws.
                                You saw the video?

I am going by him letting DJ Jackson drive the kiddy bus after he had sexual charges filed against him for what was basically date rape of a virgin teenager that he pled down and was punished for. As in accepted guilt.
                                I heard it was an open case which was then dropped. MD, where he resides, his underage accusation wouldn't have been a case.

I'm basing my assessment on what happened when I moved to arrest him. It was my understanding that Oden held the evidence and had spoken to many victims. She was adamant that he was not, in fact, a criminal.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X