The bear hug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But since Tokyo karate seems to be so popular:

Shorinji Arashiryu is a style of Okinawan/Japanese karate that was developed by Shihan Arthur Mark after 34 years of martial arts training. Shorinji Arashiryu is influenced by 3 main styles. They are Shorinjiryu Kenkokan as developed by Kaiso Masayoshi Kori Hisataka .(Seiki Kudaka in Okinawan dialect), Nanzen Kai, developed by Tamon Kashimoto, and Budo Taijutsu (Ninjutsu) as represented by Soke Masaaki Hatsumi (34th generation Grandmaster of the 9 schools that make up Ninjutsu). There are no fads, no gimmicks,no flavors of the day, no tiny tigers or little dragons, just good old school karate training like they did hundreds of years ago.
    Penis.

http://nanzenkai.blogspot.com/2012/1...irst-blog.html

Well, it is 9:15 PM and today is my first official blog. This blog will hopefully contain some interesting topics as well as many opinions that may or may not be shared by all. Firstly the name Nanzen Kai is taken from My karate Headmaster Kaicho Tamon Kashimoto's style he created. I will be opening a dojo in the central New Jersey area very shortly. The training is hard. The classes are small and the atmosphere is one of great camaraderie. The Nanzen Kai style has been the same since it's inception. There are no watered down training methods. It is very old school. Like old Japan backyard training. We do not run with the current fads or trends. We train today like the masters did 100 years ago. There will be no tiny tigers or little dragons or camouflage belts. Also there will be no competitions that parents have to pay hundreds for or trophies to compete for. You are there for one thing and one thing only. To beat yourself. True Martial Arts is about spirit and to just keep training no matter what. I will give updates on the dojo's status. Anyway this should be enough for my first blog. Goodnight and OSU.
    I remember when I first examined the Tokyo Karate web page a year or so ago, he only taught Nanzen Kai. But now it looks like he's decided to make up his own style, Shorinji Arashiryu.

I can have all this PLUS ninjutsu.

Wait, now I'm confused. Do they actually think they're fighting?
    Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
      By the way, there's a second and completely unrelated Blue Dragon school in my area...
      Well, then. I rescind my vote. Join one of the Blue Dragons, play it straight, then foment a dojo war between the two.

(34th generation Grandmaster of the 9 schools that make up Ninjutsu)
      That was surprisingly frank.
      "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
      DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
      Originally posted by Devil
      Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
      Originally posted by Plasma
      At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
      Originally posted by SoulMechanic
      Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

I can have all this PLUS ninjutsu.

Wait, now I'm confused. Do they actually think they're fighting?
        PenisThaiJestTu indeed. I really have no other words for those videos.
        I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
        BILL HICKS,
        1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
        ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

There's actually a screening process to join Tokyo Karate. I'm going to get in and wait several months as a sleeper agent before I hit them with a massive Troll Punch.

Comment

This won't be the first time I've taken a McDojo class as a joke, just so you goys know. I actually took two trials up in this joint:

http://www.brillskarate.com/Pages/default.aspx

Shaolin Kenmpo. Sweet chocolate Jesus.

Comment

This won't be the first time I've taken a McDojo class as a joke, just so you goys know. I actually took two trials up in this joint:

I am so sorry you went through that ... it looks quite mystically and spiritually painful. Why is there not a thread documenting this?
              http://www.brillskarate.com/Pages/WoodBreaking.aspx
              Originally posted by http://www.brillskarate.com
              The added benefit of wood breaking is that it teaches you to “snap” the strikes because while bags are pushed by the strike, wood will not break unless the strike is delivered with speed and a “snap”. Finally, one’s ability to defend himself is generally preceded by confidence or belief that he/she can succeed. Wood breaking can help one to understand that he has the power to inflict damage on an attacker and thus an additional sense of confidence in his ability. Breaking one piece of wood requires the same force as breaking a rib or an attacker’s knee. In fact, 3 pounds of pressure is sufficient to break an extended knee.
              Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 9/16/2015 7:39pm, .
              I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
              BILL HICKS,
              1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
              ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

That's a very Jersey looking place. The instructor looks like Ted Cruz.

Even if the process of breaking the wood lasts only 10 seconds, 100% of your concentration powers must be focused on the objective at that point in time.
                Wait, what? How do you make breaking a board last 10 seconds. 100% of your concentration powers, is that like that movie Lucy where she gains access to 100% of her cerebral capacity and can alter time?

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 9/16/2015 8:26pm, .

Comment

I am so sorry you went through that ... it looks quite mystically and spiritually painful. Why is there not a thread documenting this?
                  http://www.brillskarate.com/Pages/WoodBreaking.aspx
                  Should I start a thread about my McDojo hopping exploits?

Comment

Does a ninjer shit in the woods?

Comment

The world is missing a Zagat Survey for MA schools.

If it works and is considered important for restaurants, why not martial arts?

Comment

I'd read it if you did

Comment

Get on it.

I've been dying to visit this place just for the fuck of it.

http://shinobimartialarts.com

It's quite a drive away, but a world-class comedic act is worth that kind of trek.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                            I like that. it's a variation on what I was taught as an escape to Bear Hug for 4th Kyu (the syllabus has 8 options). The difference is that for that option I was taught to sit on the thigh and draw the leg upwards to collapse the offender and then move to a specific Finish. I was not taught that which is shown and I like it. Nice one. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by big maclol View Post
                              I think some kidnappers try to bear hug people
                              This happened recently in London. A young woman was making her way home and an attacker ran across and bear hugged her and ran to a nearby spot and raped her. The attack was caught on CCTV.

Comment

Few days ago I arrested 10 syrian refugees with a bear hug

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X