The bear hug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RWaggs View Post
    I know a big powerful dude who can and has taken care of situations with a front bear hug. I've had him do it to me. Your feet leave the ground and there's fuck all you can do about it. If you are more powerful than him, you may have a chance, but very few people are, and he wouldn't use it on the people who were.
    You start kicking at his shins, as hard and as fast as you can. He'll put you down fast enough - without Throwing - cos if effing hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
      You start kicking at his shins, as hard and as fast as you can. He'll put you down fast enough - without Throwing - cos if effing hurts.
      Or he'll take the opportunity to drop you on your head while you've only got one foot planted.

Are you honestly advocating this or is this a joke?

Comment

Why without throwing?

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
          Why without throwing?
          Because when things hurt, attackers stop attacking and run away crying...... if they can still walk with that shin boo-boo they just got that is!
          The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

These people all pressure test their techniques on a daily basis.

That awkward moment when you know you suck but feel like an expert because there are so many bigger retards on the planet:

https://youtu.be/MAkdIzZg1eA?t=33
            Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

That first guy is obviously an expert. He's wearing camo pants.
              The masters perfected Karate. What fool is there today that can step forward and perfect perfection -- From the introduction to the book "Shoto-Kan Karate-The Ultimate in Self-Defense" written by Peter Ventresca

Comment

Front bear hug defense: you have double underhooks, make him the defender

Rear bear hug defense: fight into side headlock, see side headlock defense

Comment

Headbutt his nose with the back of your head usually comes to my mind.
                  Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLI06WYWd_E

Comment

Fuck it why not, let's add eye gouges to the bear hug equation.

Assuming the huggee is "small" and the hugger is "much bigger", do/can attack eyes? Works front or behind, if the arms are free.

If you are already at a size/height disadvantage, and you need to hit something, shouldn't it be a vulnerable something? Any port in a storm..

Comment

Originally posted by Devil
                        That's the most Krav thing I've ever read. That's Kravver than a motherfucker...

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                          Fuck it why not, let's add eye gouges to the bear hug equation.

Assuming the huggee is "small" and the hugger is "much bigger", do/can attack eyes? Works front or behind, if the arms are free.

If you are already at a size/height disadvantage, and you need to hit something, shouldn't it be a vulnerable something? Any port in a storm..

Attacking the eyes might work, but depending on the bear hug it could also be "escalating the level of a fight you're losing". A guy trying to restrain you might transform into a guy trying to slam you into the ground as hard as possible, especially if you're trying to eye gouge an eye you can't actually see.

Comment

Originally posted by The Cap View Post
                            Or he'll take the opportunity to drop you on your head while you've only got one foot planted.

Are you honestly advocating this or is this a joke?

The way I read his post, yes, i am advocating it. Plus a full on Head Butt.

Comment

This thread makes me want to take a Taekwondo class and just start asking technical questions.

Comment

I'm looking at some of the TMA schools in my area and watching videos of instructors in action. There's a profound sadness boiling inside me, now.

I spent five years in a pussy Tang Soo Do dojang before getting out. These people, however, have essentially dedicated their entire lives to not knowing how a bearhug works.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X