The bear hug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKR View Post
    Polar Bears depend on seals for food, and they hunt them via the sea ice.

Comment

Holy Moment covered the technical aspect of this thread. Getting your hips away from your opponent is the first line of defense against a front or rear bodylock. If it's a rear bodylock and you cannot get your hips away, lace their leg with yours from the inside out.

You may now resume your fatuous discussion about bears.
      Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Originally posted by jnp View Post
        Holy Moment covered the technical aspect of this thread. Getting your hips away from your opponent is the first line of defense against a front or rear bodylock. If it's a rear bodylock and you cannot get your hips away, lace their leg with yours from the inside out.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
          Since the second "paragraph" makes perfect sense, I can infer that you're having trouble with the last sentence of the first paragraph.

"Lace the leg" is a wrestling term. *dials up obnoxiousness, generalizes horribly* I'm not surprised a butt-flopper doesn't understand.

If your opponent has the rear body lock and your hips are close to theirs, place your foot on the inside of their calf and thread it through until the foot is hooked all the way around to the outside edge of their calf. Then, if they try to suplex you, your own leg prevents them from completing the back arch, and thus the move.
          Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

OOh look what I found Royce vs Kimo UFC3 bear hug

https://youtu.be/QVov2TEYJ8k?t=500

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                OOh look what I found Royce vs Kimo UFC3 bear hug

https://youtu.be/QVov2TEYJ8k?t=500
                Yeah he went for the kimura version. He's lucky Kimo was too tired to suplex. Kimo was never really in position to lift which would give the kneebar version a better chance to work and make the kimura version more dangerous.
                The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                  Yeah he went for the kimura version. He's lucky Kimo was too tired to suplex. Kimo was never really in position to lift which would give the kneebar version a better chance to work and make the kimura version more dangerous.
                  I love the old UFC announcers...

"FOUR AND A HALF MINUTES??!? WE'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS".

Little do they know...

Comment

Originally posted by jnp View Post

Got your black belt yet, sandbagger ? Or are you saving up your pennies ?
                    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

teaching bearhug defense usually means "I don't know enough about the bodylock". Look at most any bearhug defense video, and they'll tell you that the opponent can squeeze you hard or carry you off, like that's the one thing that you can do from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Evergrey View Post
                        Often I see people talking about defending against a bear hug, how you need to learn to defend yourself against it "out on the street."

But I've never actually heard of anyone being attacked with a bear hug.

Is this something that happens much? Have you ever had someone grab you with a bear hug? Do you know anyone who has? Have you heard of it happening?

I just wonder, because they always have self defense classes and seminars and stuff that are about bear hugs, or having the front of your shirt grabbed, or being choked.

Me, I was grabbed from behind and attacked once, but I was seven years old, and it wasn't a bear hug, I was grabbed by my arms.

So, why so much emphasis on bear hugs and being grabbed by the shoulder or the front of your shirt? Am I missing something, does this actually happen a lot?
                        I know a big powerful dude who can and has taken care of situations with a front bear hug. I've had him do it to me. Your feet leave the ground and there's fuck all you can do about it. If you are more powerful than him, you may have a chance, but very few people are, and he wouldn't use it on the people who were.
                        Originally posted by Devil
                        That's the most Krav thing I've ever read. That's Kravver than a motherfucker...

Comment

Dan Severn springs a rear bodylock on Delta Jackson.

Dan Severn: What now, son!!! We're gonna make BUTT BABIES!!!

Delta Jackson: Not tonight, thucka!

Delta Jackson hits a switch on Severn.

Delta Jackson: The tables are turned, mon'ami!

Dan Severn: No! NOOOO!!! MY INNOCENCE!!!

Comment

I was gonna mention that self defense bear hug defenses rarely include the standing switch, and that's a shame.

Comment

Anyone using/used something like this one @ ~5:30?

https://youtu.be/mMRFqGBDTe8?t=332

Comment

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X