• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by <plasma> View Post
    Novice, you still lose to Ninjas.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
      That's too bad because Buddha didn't say that.

It's actually a creative and pretty gnarly "re-interpretation" drawn and mangled from translations of the Dhammapada.

It was actually written by Thomas Byrom, considered by many to be one of the absolute worst "interpreters" of the Pali canon. I call it "interpretation" instead of "translation" because he can't read Pali. Your phrase is the "interpretation of translations", in other words it's practically original to Byrom, not the Buddhist scriptures.

http://fakebuddhaquotes.com/it-is-be...eaven-or-hell/

Here are the real verses:

Self-Conquest Is The Highest Victory
      Though thousand times a thousand
      in battle one may conquer,
      yet should one conquer just oneself
      one is the greatest conqueror.

Victory Over Oneself Is Unequalled
      Victory Over Self Cannot Be Undone
      Neither deva nor minstrel divine,
      nor Mara together with Brahma,
      can overthrow the victory
      of such a one as this.

So..just so we're clear, your FIRST RESPONSE to reading or being told "the Buddha said" something should be "The Buddha didn't say that".

Watch how they flip and and lose all self-control....delicious.
      Thank you for proving once again I am earth's worst Buddhist. I will meditate on that tonight after I eat meat for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
        Thank you for proving once again I am earth's worst Buddhist. I will meditate on that tonight after I eat meat for dinner.
        Make sure you kill it yourself, while angry. Then your journey towards the dark side will be complete.

Comment

Make sure you kill it yourself, while angry. Your journey towards the dark side will be complete.
          I always just assume The Buddha never had a good steak or bacon and wasn't making am informed decision...... that and the human brain wouldn't have developed into the thinking machine it is today without copious amounts of flesh being consumed by humans.

Comment

I always just assume The Buddha never had a good steak or bacon and wasn't making am informed decision...... that and the human brain wouldn't have developed into the thinking machine it is today without copious amounts of flesh being consumed by humans.
            Actually...he ate meat and so do many Buddhists. Vegetarianism is only required in certain sects, like monks, and it's probably one of the longest running "debates" in the Buddhist world as to whether or not it's "bad". The Buddha was once a prince so he probably tasted delicacies you and I can only imagine.

He ate meat even after becoming "The Buddha" and gaining followers. Before that, he had abstained from it for a seven year period that he lived in the wilderness, which was a common ascetic practice (along with a lot of other really weird shit). But interestingly he began eating it again after becoming enlightened.

The Buddhist thought against eating flesh goes back to the prohibitions on killing (another thing many Buddhists have done). The Buddha is said to have only refused meat (or prohibited his disciples) if the animal had been slaughtered just for him.
            Last edited by W. Rabbit; 9/04/2015 4:38pm, .

Comment

No, I am pretty sure the worlds worst Buddhists would be the far right Buddhist terrorists blowing up Muslims and hacking people up with machetes. I am 96.1325% sure you have a leg up over them.

Comment

Actually...he ate meat and so do many Buddhists. Vegetarianism is only required in certain sects, like monks, and it's probably one of the longest running "debates" in the Buddhist world as to whether or not it's "bad". The Buddha was once a prince so he probably tasted delicacies you and I can only imagine.

He ate meat, even after becoming "The Buddha". He abstained from it for a seven year period that he lived in the wilderness, which was a common ascetic practice (along with a lot of other really weird shit).

The Buddhist thought against eating flesh goes back to the prohibitions on killing (another thing many Buddhists have done).

The Buddha is said to have only refused meat (or prohibited his disciples) if the animal had been slaughtered just for him.

Yeah.. like every religious idea ever it depends who you ask.

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
                  No, I am pretty sure the worlds worst Buddhists would be the far right Buddhist terrorists blowing up Muslims and hacking people up with machetes. I am 96.1325% sure you have a leg up over them.
                  Lmao. Not willing to put that last 3% of commitment in there though?

Comment

I don't know enough about Buddhism to go any further my friend.

Comment

Ok, you definitely need to move to intermediate or advanced. You just won a four-man Royal Rumble by pinning Delta Jackson.

It wasn't an easy going. Although you managed to suplex Emmanuel Yarbrough early on, you took a lot of heavy hits from everyone on the board, especially Casey Jones. Jackson was on fire from the get go; after he pinned Yarbrough in less than a minute, he alternated between beating the shit out of you and beating the shit out of Jones. Amazingly, Jones managed to knock him on the apron, but you actually decided to save the Laymaster's ass by distracting Jones with a Kyokushin hook to the body. Jackson repaid you for this gesture by headbutting you in the face and hitting you with a piledriver.

After Jackson pinned Casey Jones, it was just you and him. Jesus, did he beat the SHIT out of you. I can't tell you how many times your body nearly collapsed from the force of his lay-and-pray; you escaped from being pinned at Count Two at least six times. Eventually, however, Jackson wore out... And you turned up the Street something fierce. Smashing through the sepia-skinned goliath's waning offense, you HAMMERED him with a hurricane of hits and jits. For five minutes straight you wore that bastard down until finally, FINALLY you put his back to the mat and gave him a taste of his own medicine. One, two, three, and Street glory was yours.

Sadly, this was just a preliminary trial and won't really count to anything. I'm planning on doing a proper Royal Rumble with at least twelve participants once I get all the characters made. Here's who I have planned so far:

Delta Jackson
                      Dan Severn
                      Ghost
                      Savatuer
                      Germany Reyes
                      Aikido Alejandro
                      Omega
                      Jade (Complete with TEEP)

Any suggestions? I'm going to film this one.

Comment

Not thinking about anything is zen.

Once you know this, walking, standing, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is zen.

To know that the mind is empty is to see the Buddha...

Using the mind to look for reality is delusion.

Not using the mind to look for reality is awareness.

Freeing oneself from words is liberation.
                        - Bodhidharma might have said this.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
                          Ok, you definitely need to move to intermediate or advanced. You just won a four-man Royal Rumble by pinning Delta Jackson.

It wasn't an easy going. Although you managed to suplex Emmanuel Yarbrough early on, you took a lot of heavy hits from everyone on the board, especially Casey Jones. Jackson was on fire from the get go; after he pinned Yarbrough in less than a minute, he alternated between beating the shit out of you and beating the shit out of Jones. Amazingly, Jones managed to knock him on the apron, but you actually decided to save the Laymaster's ass by distracting Jones with a Kyokushin hook to the body. Jackson repaid you for this gesture by headbutting you in the face and hitting you with a piledriver.

After Jackson pinned Casey Jones, it was just you and him. Jesus, did he beat the SHIT out of you. I can't tell you how many times your body nearly collapsed from the force of his lay-and-pray; you escaped from being pinned at Count Two at least six times. Eventually, however, Jackson wore out... And you turned up the Street something fierce. Smashing through the sepia-skinned goliath's waning offense, you HAMMERED him with a hurricane of hits and jits. For five minutes straight you wore that bastard down until finally, FINALLY you put his back to the mat and gave him a taste of his own medicine. One, two, three, and Street glory was yours.

Sadly, this was just a preliminary trial and won't really count to anything. I'm planning on doing a proper Royal Rumble with at least twelve participants once I get all the characters made. Here's who I have planned so far:

Delta Jackson
                          Dan Severn
                          Ghost
                          Savatuer
                          Germany Reyes
                          Aikido Alejandro
                          Omega
                          Jade (Complete with TEEP)

Any suggestions? I'm going to film this one.
                          It needs Shihan Delucia. And also maybe The Villain in a stoner Mr. Miyagi role.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X