Ronda vs ADCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AcridSaint View Post
    And yet the video and the OP both reference her takedowns and probable lack of quality ground game. Sorry if the tongue-in-cheek ending in my first post didn't come through appropriately.
    I think the OP could do with some re-reading if that's what you got out of it. To once again elucidate, at no point did I say Rousey's ground game is bad. In fact, it's obvious that she has a rather good one within the context she has trained and competed. The point I was trying to make is that there is no guarantee that she would have an answer to a really skilled open guard player, since stuff like DLR, 1LX and the like aren't seen in MMA or Judo, as Plasma mentioned. Again, her grappling in an MMA/Judo context could be *excellent* and she might still be unable to deal with someone who just sits down and starts tying her legs up.

Comment

This is a WAY more interesting prospect than a Cyborg fight imo.
      I think Ronda would do well, if not dominate, right off the bat.

Comment

Ronda vs ADCC

I just wonder if her physical strength and pace of play would be enough to compensate for the guard play she hasn't seen. I know the one guy in my club who has some cross-training frustrates me with it but we are very close size/strength-wise and the rest of our judo is pretty much even.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X