Boston Bullies: Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jnp View Post
    Most of you young people need to shut the hell up and train. Don't worry about your damn BJJ rank. You're there to learn, not parade the color of the strip of cloth tied to your waist around the mat. You should be less concerned about your belt color and more concerned about learning.

I have been training BJJ for 15 years. I'm still a brown belt. There are a number of black belts in this town that I can submit on a regular basis. You know what? I don't care.

I got all hung up about rank when I was a purple belt for five years and all my peers got promoted to brown and then black. Here I was, still a purple. Then one day I realized that all that worrying about rank was stopping me from enjoying my training. I stopped worrying and resumed having a good time learning my art. I have no idea when I'll get a black belt. I might never get one, but that's ok. What matters is continuing the learning process.

Also, this is not a MABS type of thread so I'm moving it to YMAS.
    Yeah, we shitted up Villains thread pretty well, didn't we ?

BTW, "old man", quite being noble and get promoted.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post

My issue was primarily with the statement made by 3Moose1. He wrote that he gets it now, although he seems to think now all he has to do is beat some brown belts to get his brown belts in a Judo shiai.
      Nope, that's not what I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jnp View Post
        Most of you young people need to shut the hell up and train. Don't worry about your damn BJJ rank. You're there to learn, not parade the color of the strip of cloth tied to your waist around the mat. You should be less concerned about your belt color and more concerned about learning.

I have been training BJJ for 15 years. I'm still a brown belt. There are a number of black belts in this town that I can submit on a regular basis. You know what? I don't care.

I got all hung up about rank when I was a purple belt for five years and all my peers got promoted to brown and then black. Here I was, still a purple. Then one day I realized that all that worrying about rank was stopping me from enjoying my training. I stopped worrying and resumed having a good time learning my art. I have no idea when I'll get a black belt. I might never get one, but that's ok. What matters is continuing the learning process.

Also, this is not a MABS type of thread so I'm moving it to YMAS.
        I can still enjoy training, and be looking forward to the next rank.

And, you admitted that you were also hung up on rank once upon a time. Is it lonely up there on your soapbox? Or is there room for the rest of us when we become so enlightened?

And hey! What's up?

Comment

Originally posted by 3moose1 View Post
          Nope, that's not what I think.

Good, glad to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alonbenav View Post
            This is the most hilarious turn this entire saga could have taken. Now Jordan is calling into question the credentials of the man he says awarded him his black belt. Amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Yep. Perhaps someone should check, you know, to clear his name.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X