X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Azatdawn
    replied
    Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    LOL some of you sockpuppets are getting sloppy with the voting. So many alternate accounts on their little crusades to influence the voting...
    Do people really still do this? Seems like nothing but a huge waste of time.

Leave a comment:

• BackFistMonkey
    replied
    One of blah blah ...
    TROLLED LOL LMAO OMGBBQ'ed yo HEHHEHE

( I have a week off from school and nothing to contribute to the thread )

You know, sometimes you actually post sensible things. You got me thinking.

Take a look at the kind of enormous Paintball fields they have at places like Skirmish, in PA.

Castles, rivers, hills, forests...now if you REALLY wanted a cool battle with archery, I think a large scale Skirmish-style event would kick the ass of Archery Tag.

Instead of everyone running around taking wild shots with no cover, you could have the archery snipe fest of your dreams at a place like Skirmish..

They'd have to change the weight and construction of the arrows for longer distances, but it would make for cleaner, harder shots.

I think my biggest gripe with Archery Tag is how it's all crammed into one little field. Archery is just not a "short range" thing. Think bigger and it becomes a lot more interesting to me, personally.

... mainly because you covered everything that I was considering mentioning was in this last post.

Interesting props and larger locations : check
    Heavier pulls on bows : check
    Implementation of realistic tactics : check

Leave a comment:

• ermghoti
    replied
    Originally posted by Wing-Kwan-Fu View Post
    Shouldn't they all be standing still on some ridge somewhere until they either win the battle or get routed by infantry or cavalry?
    Asked and answered.

Originally posted by ermghoti
    What the shit. Go start your Agincourt Experience business, I'm sure you'll be broke in a few hours. Motherfuckers want to play Legolas.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I am so glad W.Rabbit doesn't actually work when he is at work.
    One of these days maybe I'll get a chance to explain why it seems that way. I am always working. I work too much, about 80 hours a week on average, doing the jobs of about 5 people.

Work doesn't begin or end for me on a daily basis anymore. I have no work-life balance, it became impossible, and now my work and life have fused into the same thing. It can play havoc with my mental health sometimes, but that's what zen is for.

Luckily before that happened, I had the right things in place to distract me at periodic intervals, including wife, kids, MA, and Bullshido. Otherwise I'd have turned into a true workaholic, with no life whatsoever. I've narrowly avoided that.

BS.net and BJJ class is currently the only social thing I have time for.

Getting my butt kicked in Maryland surrounded by kung fu people was like a massive group hug. It was medicine I needed, like the testicular cancer support group in Fight Club. Hell, people even tell me I look like Ed Norton.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 8/18/2015 2:07pm, .

Leave a comment:

• BackFistMonkey
    replied
    I am so glad W.Rabbit doesn't actually work when he is at work.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    LOL some of you sockpuppets are getting sloppy with the voting. So many alternate accounts on their little crusades to influence the voting...not that anyone cares, but if you weren't so blatantly obvious about switching accounts and targeting the same posts, I might not notice.

Keep it up I'll put together a nice report for the mods on all the sockpuppet accounts with ample evidence for each taken from BS.net and other sites, including admonitions from other site moderators.

It's not like cross site link analysis is a hard thing to do with the right software, and I use the best.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Wing-Kwan-Fu View Post
    Shouldn't they all be standing still on some ridge somewhere until they either win the battle or get routed by infantry or cavalry?
    You know, sometimes you actually post sensible things. You got me thinking.

Take a look at the kind of enormous Paintball fields they have at places like Skirmish, in PA.

Castles, rivers, hills, forests...now if you REALLY wanted a cool battle with archery, I think a large scale Skirmish-style event would kick the ass of Archery Tag.

Instead of everyone running around taking wild shots with no cover, you could have the archery snipe fest of your dreams at a place like Skirmish..

They'd have to change the weight and construction of the arrows for longer distances, but it would make for cleaner, harder shots.

I think my biggest gripe with Archery Tag is how it's all crammed into one little field. Archery is just not a "short range" thing. Think bigger and it becomes a lot more interesting to me, personally.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 8/18/2015 12:20pm, .

Leave a comment:

• Wing-Kwan-Fu
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Machette
    replied
    Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    The links are dead now anyway.
    I am strangely disappointed by that.

God, I need a new hobby.

Leave a comment:

• BackFistMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Harry's wang wouldn't work on the street.
    The links are dead now anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Machette
    replied
    Maybe I don't.

It's the 21st century.

They can get Prince Harry's dick pics, your dick would not be nearly as hard (but not nearly as valuable)

Yes pun intended.
    Harry's wang wouldn't work on the street.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Nah, I have had too many arguments as it is. Besides mostly arguments like that turn into back and forth trollfests and I'm trying to give that approach up.
    As long as you keep it to facts and things you know how could it be a trollfest?

See, Poe's Law means you can't tell the difference between two buds nerding out over arrowheads and two trolls haranguing each other over whatever the fucking topic.

So you just have to trust me, and I need to believe you, for things to work out.

Everything I've said is true. I am a very experienced archer. I am here to help you.

I will post pics of my Ghost if you beg me. Come on, beg. It's sooo cool. I have buried bolts into mountainsides with that thing.

Leave a comment:

• Bneterasedmynam
    replied
    You still can.
    Nah, I have had too many arguments as it is. Besides mostly arguments like that turn into back and forth trollfests and I'm trying to give that approach up.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I could have argued for several pages over arrowheads with you guys lol.
    You still can.

Leave a comment:

• Bneterasedmynam
    replied
    I never claimed to be a nice person. But at least I make attempts. I'm usually not trolling, I'm the opposite, I'm way too fucking serious.

The Bugs Bunny act is just how I cope with my uberseriousness. I'm only like this with friends, consider yourself lucky to even see this side of me.

AS far as believing it, you don't have to for it to work for your advantage (or disadvantage). Don't worry about that (unless you have a good reason).
    Fair enough explanation. Now I realize I myself have had a dickish attitude toward people on many occasions on this site, and I am trying to change that. I could have argued for several pages over arrowheads with you guys lol.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X