Wing Tsun Response to BJJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Locu5 View Post
    In battle, the Grabble Rabble mumbles robble robble, and tapping temples topples cattle.
    Hey man, don't Cosby the thread.

Comment

The defense is for a...."front tackle....or....a...double-leg takedown or something like that."

Really it can be used for any frontal-lunging attack, including those by predatory animals.

Comment

Hahaha, "COMA".

Comment

The thing I don't get is. That's a seminar. Say you thiink that is how you do a double leg, and you believe in the anti graabbling. Why would you line up ton take the fall instead of practicing your deadly chain punch counter?

Are they proving their faith or something by showing they'll go along with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
            Should I create a new thread for every Streetvideo I know about, or should I just dump them all here? You assholes haven't even scratched the surface when it comes to anti-grappling.

OMG. The footwork from 1:40-1:50...

I mean, you'd expect shitty takedown defense (and you get it in spades) but wouldn't a striking art teach you not to stumble over yourself while moving laterally?

This is hypnotic:

Comment

A personal favorite of mine: watch?v=ufq_BaiRYoY

A hilariously out of shape Wing Chun 'sifu' vs. also hilariously out of shape 'karate' guy. The delusion on the part of both parties is stunning.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbypaycheque View Post
                A personal favorite of mine: watch?v=ufq_BaiRYoY

A hilariously out of shape Wing Chun 'sifu' vs. also hilariously out of shape 'karate' guy. The delusion on the part of both parties is stunning.
                Sifu Moore (the Wing Chun guy you made fun of) is a very well known full contact fighter, coach, Wing Chun guru, and a Kuoshu judge.

Hilarious is your own record in comparison, I'll bet.

The delusion is entirely yours. Lurk more, post less.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 8/12/2015 9:01pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                  Sifu Moore (the Wing Chun guy you made fun of) is a very well known full contact fighter, coach, Wing Chun guru, and a Kuoshu judge.

Hilarious is your own record in comparison, I'll bet.

The delusion is entirely yours. Lurk more, post less.

He's this guy, right?

Where can I find his fight record or maybe a video of him doing a full contact fight? Just anything that is not him rolling over some stick figure slapping at him.

Comment

Originally posted by Azatdawn View Post
                    Where can I find his fight record or maybe a video of him doing a full contact fight? Just anything that is not him rolling over some stick figure slapping at him.
                    Right here on Bullshido...something something Search Function.

He's been discussed here before. He's a former semi pro Detroit boxer, amongst the other things he's taken part in, including full contact sparring and competition over the last 30 years.

I've seen him in person, he's enormous yes, but strong and although I don't know his personal skill level, he's a full contact coach. He's fought lei tai, so have his students.

People making snap judgements based on his size/weight, or the fact that he does Wing Chun, are really clueless. He's stronger, more skilled, and far more respected in the full contact CMA community than they're giving him credit for.

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
                      OMG. The footwork from 1:40-1:50...

I mean, you'd expect shitty takedown defense (and you get it in spades) but wouldn't a striking art teach you not to stumble over yourself while moving laterally?
                      What he's doing is sometimes called "covering out", a kempo term where you create distance after a technique. It involves cross steps if you've made your body sideways, or shifting through a horse stance to a cat stance to another horse stance. Not only is it stupid, but you're supposed to do it after every technique.

Comment

He's been discussed here before. He's a former semi pro Detroit boxer, amongst the other things he's taken part in, including full contact sparring and competition over the last 30 years.

I've seen him in person, he's enormous yes, but strong and although I don't know his personal skill level, he's a full contact coach. He's fought lei tai, so have his students.

People making snap judgements based on his size/weight, or the fact that he does Wing Chun, are really clueless. He's stronger, more skilled, and far more respected in the full contact CMA community than they're giving him credit for.

He fought Lei Tai? Like Tim Ferriss? LEGIT.

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                          What he's doing is sometimes called "covering out", a kempo term where you create distance after a technique. It involves cross steps if you've made your body sideways, or shifting through a horse stance to a cat stance to another horse stance. Not only is it stupid, but you're supposed to do it after every technique.
                          Always cross your legs after a combo. That is the first lesson of Kickboxing. Jab Jab Cross Hook, cross legs, Jazz Hands, Pike, cross legs, Jazz Hands.

Comment

Thread needs more Russian Wing Chun Lei Tai with Mortal Kombat soundtrack

Comment

I get it, I'm a noob. However, it doesn't take GSP to tell you that a guy in that kind of shape walking forward, not moving his head and making slapping motions isn't the best kind of fighter that he can be. I can't find any record of this guy when I Google his name. Only information I found was here on bullshido and his own website that had no source links. I didn't really dig deep into the search, only spent five minutes but still. Wasn't able to find his semi-pro boxing record anywhere. It's cool that he wants to bring more aliveness to WC but that demonstration was terrible. Would like to see his WC skills against a skilled opponent, rather than the guys who he demonstrates to in his videos. I have to say Dominick Izzo's Wing Chun looks more effective and seems drilled a lot more alive. Did you get a chance to spar with him when you met him?

Comment

Originally posted by bobbypaycheque View Post
                                I get it, I'm a noob. However, it doesn't take GSP to tell you that a guy in that kind of shape walking forward, not moving his head and making slapping motions isn't the best kind of fighter that he can be. I can't find any record of this guy when I Google his name. Only information I found was here on bullshido and his own website that had no source links. I didn't really dig deep into the search, only spent five minutes but still. Wasn't able to find his semi-pro boxing record anywhere. It's cool that he wants to bring more aliveness to WC but that demonstration was terrible. Would like to see his WC skills against a skilled opponent, rather than the guys who he demonstrates to in his videos. I have to say Dominick Izzo's Wing Chun looks more effective and seems drilled a lot more alive. Did you get a chance to spar with him when you met him?
                                "But still", nothing.

You're admitting to being intellectually lazy, in addition to uninformed regarding the people you're posting about.

The "demo" you posted was some karate guy challenging him during his own chi sao demo, and he put the guy on his ass. That's what the video actually shows, right? If a Judo guy did the same thing by taking a karate guy and putting him down via seoinagination, you'd nod and go "mmhmm".

You can do a search right now and get the other videos you'd like to see, including all the grainy old VHS goodness, or his students fighting recently in the USKSF, but it's my job? I have to go pull his videos??? No, no...

I Get it, Bob. Now, go do the footwork yourself , sifus only show you the door....my job here is not to convince you it's to point out the flaws in your reasoning.

For the record I Googled and found out enough about you to write a 50 page essay, so why is it so easy for me and so hard for you?

Dominic Izzo makes videos. Does he send fighters to tournaments or has he done it himself? I know he makes a lot of videos, which is why he's dazzled you with his Chunnery.

If you think what Izzo does online is more alive than what Sifu Moore and his students do on the lei tai, you're nuts. Or probably just trolling like you are wont.
                                Last edited by W. Rabbit; 8/14/2015 11:18am, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X