Wing Tsun Response to BJJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    That channel is gold. This video is proof.

I have to say he sure does suck at "deescalation"

Comment

What the fu... I... I don't know any more man... Fuck it. Is there some sort of medication chunners are taking that I'm not? Cause I want some of that shit badly. Maybe then this may make some sort of sense, maybe it will help the voices in my head go away too.

Good damn it you can't be this stupid on accident. You can't. You just can't. I'm sat here after reading this shit too: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...03#post2863403 (skip to the end) and I just don't know any more.

This Wing Chun stuff is stupid as shit but my god, anyone training this shit and thinking this is remotely useful at anything other than doing the Macarena is so immensely dim and devoid of common sense that I'm surprised they have managed to make it to the fucking gym without stepping in front of a bus.

You want to show off Wing Chun and its defense or counter measure against an art? Then try it against someone who knows what they are fucking doing in that art. Otherwise the only person you are trying to kid is yourself. At that point, just step back and ask yourself what on this planet are you doing with your life?.

If you're trying to show this shit off and prove it works and you're getting either some very poorly skilled fighter or just trying some moves out you've seen on the t'internet that you have not even the basic knowledge on how to pull of. Then what are you proving to yourself or others? WHATS THE POINT!!!??

SOME ONE ANSWER ME WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT... I'M STARTING TO LOSE IT!!!!

As martial artists you're willingly learning shite and trying to justify it to yourselves without even the moments thought on testing out those weaknesses everyone is screaming at you on a live opponent of said style. As a martial arts teacher, you're promoting a style that's blatantly ineffective with almost zero play testing at all to people that are going to attempt this in a self defense situation and probably going to get themselves in a great deal of shit.

Damn that's a lot off of my chest... I'm now going to sit in the corner and quietly giggle to myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Sovvolf View Post
        SOME ONE ANSWER ME WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT... I'M STARTING TO LOSE IT!!!!
        Martial arts is fake fighting for dorks 99 times out of 100.

Comment

I thought that the usual _un response to BJJ was "ARGH! That really hurts/I can't breath, get off me!".

Comment

Originally posted by Cake of Doom View Post
            I thought that the usual _un response to BJJ was "ARGH! That really hurts/I can't breath, get off me!".
            BJJ has a big advantage though. Chunners can only fight to kill. Their moves are too powerful for them to be used without turning their opponent into a pile of fleshy giblets.
            Chunners being the master race allow the BJJ fighter to win to avoid having to kill him.

In the end the Chunner wins a moral victory.

Comment

You say "wins a moral victory," I say "voids his bowels into his oddly slick pants." Tomayto, tomahto.

Comment

I just wanted to add that I saw two dudes doing some chunnin, on their knees, stationary, in the sand yesterday.
                A few of their acquaintances stood by giving approving looks and commentary.
                I swam around 1k and they were still at it when I got back.
                Maybe that was chun ground work.
                The "better" guy kept "winning" by chain punching/pushing the other guy back until he flopped backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
                  I just wanted to add that I saw two dudes doing some chunnin, on their knees, stationary, in the sand yesterday.
                  A few of their acquaintances stood by giving approving looks and commentary.
                  I swam around 1k and they were still at it when I got back.
                  Maybe that was chun ground work.
                  The "better" guy kept "winning" by chain punching/pushing the other guy back until he flopped backwards.
                  I can't help thinking of what my very first martial arts instructor told me... it was something about "no matter how fast you are moving backwards, they can move faster forwards".

The words don't really matter, it was the first sparring lesson of the very first week. We were learning about sparring for the very first time, after doing it ... or whatever the hell you call 6 or 7, 10 yearolds flailing at each other for a literal hour.

He was explaining why simple lateral movements of our partners were destroying our ability to strike our targets... and why some people get hit less often than others and why our new fancy combos never hit more than once.

knee chunning ... wtf.

Comment

Should I create a new thread for every Streetvideo I know about, or should I just dump them all here? You assholes haven't even scratched the surface when it comes to anti-grappling.

Comment

That touch up is pretty street.

Didn't even bother to tape up the molding. That's hardcore.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 8/05/2015 10:26pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
                        You assholes haven't even scratched the surface when it comes to anti-grappling.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=OG7tvH5UE0c

Comment

This must be the anti lack luster qualude booby grab technique.

Comment

In battle, the Grabble Rabble mumbles robble robble, and tapping temples topples cattle.

Comment

That was fun to watch. The attackers knew they're not supposed to succeed with their takedown, and nobody wants to just be chain-punched in the face ... so what's left? A cringe-fest apparently.

Comment

If there's one thing I hate it's padding up to do a compliant drill. Notice a few guys wear head gear, wtf for? The head gear apparently doesnt change any of the dynamics of the drill. This is one of the worst videos I've seen in a while.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X