Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kr0tty kid spinoff: "Jiu Jitsu Kid" lets brainstorm!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kr0tty kid spinoff: "Jiu Jitsu Kid" lets brainstorm!

Karate kid! the format is a timid and bullied kid who usually finds a mentor to teach him about life through martial arts/philosophy.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	poner-cera-y-quitar-cera-en-karate-kid-01.jpg
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	4336428

Wouldn't it be great to have that same format but with Brazilian Jiu Jitsu? or maybe we can just have it labled "submission grappling".

Imagine the bullied kid getting picked on a dojo like Cobra Kai but it's a Jiu Jitsu team. I'd love a appearance from Rickison Gracie

Name:	tumblr_m092hsn6ga1r53y42o1_12808706801.jpg
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	4336429

Some acai and capoeira in the film. Would be even cooler if Renato Larana makes an appearance. I'm seeing some humorous and nervous moments for the main character's first tournament.

Name:	top-10-training-montages-20100727091123973.jpg
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	4336430

Of course there has to be a romantic interest as well!

Brainstorm!

Name:	mike-f1.jpg
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	4336431
    Last edited by big maclol; 7/11/2015 9:35am, .

It was made, its called Never Back Down. It was terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by <plasma> View Post
      It was better than the karate kid though, at least they used hard work and training as their teaching tool rather than mystic bullshit. They also had another similar movie where the kid trains to get revenge on the MMA fighter that killed his parents. It had a cameo by both Machida and Silva. I don't remember what it was titled though.

Comment

Originally posted by <plasma> View Post
        They are making a third one for some reason. Let's pretend that the entire series isn't a thing.

Comment

I enjoyed Never Back Down but it was more of a "MMA kid"

Jiu Jitsu kid will be all about BJJ/wrestling

It wasn't formatted like Karate Kid though. He was already confident and bad ass to begin with in Never Back Down.

Plus the actor looked like he was in his late 20s playing a high school role. Daniel at least looked high school-ish lol

Comment

Originally posted by big maclol View Post
            I enjoyed Never Back Down but it was more of a "MMA kid"

Jiu Jitsu kid will be all about BJJ/wrestling

It wasn't formatted like Karate Kid though. He was already confident and bad ass to begin with in Never Back Down.

Plus the actor looked like he was in his late 20s playing a high school role. Daniel at least looked high school-ish lol
            Never back down was ok and is worth a watch on like netflix where your not paying specifically to see it.
            I would say Never Back Down was formated like Karate Kid but what it didn't have was that nice warm tone to it.
            You actually give a shit about Daniel even though he is kind of a dumb ass that brought some of the trouble on him self.
            The relationship between him and Mr Miyagi was significantly a bigger part of the movie.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                What you need is a remake of "The Best of The Best" but with Judo instead.

Now that would be a fucking good movies.
                Switch to Judo....

...But keep James Earl Jones.

Comment

Wait, if you wanna go full spin-off what about making it the story of Johnny Lawrence recovering from his defeat at the All Valley Karate Tournament. He just lost to some random skinny kid with two months of karate training. It leaves him to wonder if his black belt was worth a confounded thing! And to make it worse, his instructor was a psychopath who physically assaulted him over losing the tournament!

He drifts for a bit, having given up on karate for the moment but still looking for something physical to do. Cue finding a Gracie Garage/Judo Class/whatever at a local rec center he works out at. Or maybe he just befriends the high school wrestling coach.

Cue some life lessons, maybe have him develop an enmity with the 'Karate's Bad Boy' character from the Third Movie or something.

Comment

Too much cuddling

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
                    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Originally posted by Cy Q. Faunce
                    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Originally posted by sochin101
                    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
                    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
                    Originally posted by HappyOldGuy
                    I agree with moosey

Comment

That is perfect!!

Comment

Originally posted by big maclol View Post
                        That is perfect!!
                        Opening scene some 15 year old(really 15) skinny kid moving into his new place with his mom complaining about leaving where the fuck ever.

First conflict happens at the beach where he is chatting up some surfer dudes hot girl friend.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                          Opening scene some 15 year old(really 15) skinny kid moving into his new place with his mom complaining about leaving where the fuck ever.

First conflict happens at the beach where he is chatting up some surfer dudes hot girl friend.
                          Yes! then the Old Brazilian mentor he meets would use surfing philosophy to aid in the said kid's training/fighting.

Also I was thinking the chick could be a Jiu Jitsu student her self but the crazy bully guy ends up liking her a lot and when she isn't interested in him he actually hurts her and sends the kid in a rage but he still gets beat up. This would be more mid-movie where drama goes up.

Also I think the bullies will try and ravage the Acai farm or make a lot of racket on the peaceful beach

Comment

I figured the bullies would actually be 10th Planet-guys, smoking dat herb and defiling the spirit of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu with their heretical, leglocky, no-gi ways.

Comment

Here you go.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=doqa0XQn9p4

You'll just need a little more of this mixed in.

https://vimeo.com/3083067

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X