Bjj loses!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bjj loses!

I've been doing bjj for almost 3 months now and i was wondering what could the jiu jitsu guy have improved on in order to win this street altercation?

I think you have 2 months more BJJ than the kid does. He narfs the back take, even though the other guy does the classic going to hands and knees to get up. Then he fails to transition to mount after that fails. He goes backpack mode < Position over submission mantra goes here> before looking for the choke and that fight was over.

Comment

Over aggressive coming to mount at 0:31 - If he was losing mount, stand back up and recontrol. 0:39 - going for Choke before getting the hooks, 0:44 - Not shrimping and terrible head position allow him to turn out of back mount, 0:49 - No posture control from guard, 0:56 - passive guard, no sweep attempt, 0:59 - drops feet to ground without bring his head up allowing soccer kick.

P.S. street fighting is stupid.

Comment

Surferdude and Plasma pretty much nailed it. Too much T.V. not enough training.

Comment

more training less drama

Comment

Originally posted by Mortal_wombat View Post
            I've been doing bjj for almost 3 months now and i was wondering what could the jiu jitsu guy have improved on in order to win this street altercation?
            Keep training till someone hands you a blue belt.
            Compete at blue belt till you can beat other blue belts.
            Have a self defense mindset when your using your blue belt on the street.
            Keep training till someone hands you a purple belt.
            Compete at purple belt till you can beat other purple belts.
            ect ect ect
            something something about a black belt.

Seriously though you should be able to be fairly street-able by about blue belt.
            That guy on the video was a no stripe white belt that couldn't make any of the fundamentals work.

Comment

Be more like the other guy.

Comment

Besides training more, maybe having some striking ability and also not picking fights with someone who's clearly quite a bit stronger.

Comment

or maybe he should just read up on

Comment

I'm sorry, but I have to say it.

If he would just give up on that homoerotic art(bjj), and have used a real art, that was meant for the streets, like Wing Chun, then he wouldn't have got his butt kicked.

If we had a an e-whiteboard, I'd draw you a vector diagram, to show you why I am right...

Comment

I was impressed by his takedown in the beginning of the fight, but I think he needs to work on:

Defending the headlock—this is actually a great thing to practice on otherwise-useless athletic noobs when they first start BJJ. This is probably the single greatest mistake of the fight: he had mount! If he had been able to stay on top, which I think we all agree is the best place to be when fighting, then he would have been fine. Flowing from mount to side control to top turtle and back to side control (or whatever the actual path is) is a fundamental grappling-for-fighting skill that was not demonstrated here.

Strength training. There's no reason to preemptively grant all possible future opponents a complete strength advantage. If the two had been more evenly matched vis-a-vis strength, that headlock may not have made things go south for the grappler.

Maintaining top position at the expense of choking position, e.g. ~0:40

Finishing the RNC or at least not losing back mount, e.g. 0:45. This should be straightforward for any blue belt against an untrained opponent.

Open guard work against explosive, standing, striking opponents, for situations like when the tide of the fight turns against him at ~0:50.

Controlling a punching opponent in your guard, e.g. overhooks and swimming and posture control, as would have been useful at ~0:55.

A technical stand-up would have been nice at ~1:00.

In other words, it looks like he lost several opportunities.

Comment

It's almost as if the more you know about fighting, the less likely you are to be fighting.

Comment

I also count at least three errors in the video title.

Comment

The detailed critique seems to really differentiate a fighting art from a larping art. If this had been techniques from a larping art there would not be a detailed explanation of what went south.

Comment

Originally posted by mike321 View Post
                              The detailed critique seems to really differentiate a fighting art from a larping art. If this had been techniques from a larping art there would not be a detailed explanation of what went south.
                              Wrong. It is always dismissed as irrelevant and illogical.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X