replied
    Originally posted by RWaggs View Post
    Oh yes. Me too. Doesn't it feel nice?
    So, so nice.,

Leave a comment:

• RWaggs
    replied
    Originally posted by 3moose1 View Post
    I'm on this new kick called, ''not giving a shit''. I started it because being 23 and being talked to about your blood pressure just isn't fun.

If dudes are depressed enough to lie about shit, go right the fuck ahead. Claim to be a recon airborne ranger master captain sergeant all you want. Saying it doesn't make it true.
    Oh yes. Me too. Doesn't it feel nice?

Leave a comment:

• big maclol
    replied
    Protect the authenticity of BJJ!

Lots of Mcdojos out there and BJJ is starting to get more Attention and I'm glad there are people who would chew him out (regardless if it deserved a video or not)

We must stand on the front lines against all that is Mcdojo!

Btw, Uncle Henatch is the best in BJJ and would have tapped this guy out for the video. Porra!

Leave a comment:

• 3moose1
    replied
    After watching the video, I see ruben's point.

Also, fuck. If I hadn't joined the military I'd be a blackbelt by now :/

Leave a comment:

• sweats
    replied
    You tell it somewhat anticlimactically, but it's a good story.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Bullshido - No BS MMA mobile app

Leave a comment:

• Omega Supreme
    replied
    Originally posted by sweats View Post
    Story time plz.

Not much of a story. I had this Purple belt join our gym over a year ago. He got his rank, supposedly, through a Gracie Barra affiliate. He kept telling me that he was a four stripe purple and left right before getting his brown. I found that unusual considering the school was only 30 minutes away.

So after rolling for a month at my place I finally got on the floor with the guy to access his skill level. I felt that at best he should've been a mid blue belt but I didn't know the criteria for the other school. He kept asking me when he could get his brown I told him he wasn't ready. Finally I told him that if he could go to a competition and sweep his division I'd award him his brown. He got his ass kicked.

In December of last year he left my school and went to another school. He showed up there with a brown belt, rumors flew around saying that he got his brown from me. I sent a message back up the grape vine letting everybody know that it wasn't true.

Last month he showed up to work out claiming he was a brown belt and that he got it from the other gym. After he left I called the founding instructor and asked him if he awarded the guy and he said he hadn't even heard of the guy.

Two weeks ago I get back from vacation and the guy is standing there in the middle of my floor wearing his brown belt and a gi from the other school. I point at him and told him "No! Take that belt off" and I walked away. He said okay and started to walk over to me. I turned around and told him "I called the instructor who would've awarded you that belt. He doesn't even know you. I don't even want you part of this gym, get the fuck out."

Blank look on his face he turned around to started to walk out. It took all I had not to call him onto the floor and teach him a lesson.

Leave a comment:

• sweats
    replied
    Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Meh, he was still nicer than I would've been. If it was as bad as he described it I would have run him through the ringer. Hell the fake brown belt I kicked out at least had some degree of talent.
    Story time plz.

Leave a comment:

• Omega Supreme
    replied
    Meh, he was still nicer than I would've been. If it was as bad as he described it I would have run him through the ringer. Hell the fake brown belt I kicked out at least had some degree of talent.

Leave a comment:

• ghost55
    replied
    Originally posted by The Villain View Post
    Bullshido used to be "different". You joined after all the fun.
    Well, some of us still have fun.

Leave a comment:

• The Villain
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Acid? Like doses?

You wildman!
    Bullshido used to be "different". You joined after all the fun.

Leave a comment:

• mjohnson798
    replied
    ruben

I spoke to Ruben yesterday and got his side of the story. I don't think I would do anything different if I was in his shoes.

Leave a comment:

• Grey Owl
    replied
    Personally, I would be cautious when publicly humiliating someone whose grip on reality may be tenuous. What if he comes back for some kind of twisted idea of retribution. I think I would have confronted him privately with a trusted witness present. Then make it clear that the BJJ community is fairly tight knit and this will not be an advisable stunt to pull again.

I dunno it's a very sketchy situation, you don't always know the full details of someone's mental state no matter how 'normal' their behaviour may appear.

Leave a comment:

• Hadzu
    replied
    After hearing the story in full, I don't have any compunctions about Alvarez's behavior. I think he walked a pretty fine line between setting the guy straight and keeping his cool (perhaps leaning towards the former at times). The impression I got from Alvarez's account is that the guy's problems went beyond wanting to show off and more into the territory of pathological lying, which I guess helps explain how something so absurd came about.

Either way, the dude's got issues, and even as he was apologizing and admitting he had lied he was offering excuses and attempting to cover his ass with more lies. Falsehood clearly comes very easily to this man.

Leave a comment:

• ghost55
    replied
    Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
    Hespect.

Leave a comment:

• ermghoti
    replied

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X