• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cualltaigh View Post
    Here's Lang's one:

That's not nearly as funny imo.

Comment

Originally posted by 3moose1 View Post
      Holy shit. I'm just going to start off by saying that sounds miserable.
      It's part of the training to have your personality slowly and painfully extracted over a period of years. I wouldn't recommend it.

Secondly, the two examples are simply not equal. Wahoo, you're a black belt. The lay person can't tell the difference between BJJ and Karate, nor do they care. It's simply not that serious. Hell, half the country looks at you slightly better then their 11 year old nephew who got his blackbelt in something when he was in middle school.
      For me it's not about looking at it from a lay person's point of view. This guy came into the Black Belt's Gym (his business/livelihood), professing to have the qualifications/skills that the black belt is selling to his customers. In doing so he undermined the value of the very thing that the Black Belt was selling for his livelihood, in front of his clients.

I'm just saying, is it worth belittling and humiliating a dude who was already humiliated? No, that's not the mature thing to do, and that's not what a decent instructor would have done.
      Again, to me I didn't think the guy was truly humiliated (which is why he persisted in making excuses for so long into the video). I think he was using respectful language to avoid getting his ass whooped until he could get out of there (which was not necessarily an unintelligent thing to do).

Holy shit. I just thought about how different my response would have been when I first joined this site. Man, I'm getting old.
      Lol, my coach posted a meme in our gym's FB page last night referencing an 80's TV show. I was one of only two people to know what he was talking about. :-/

Comment

I'm only 24.

Comment

I'd prefer if people approached me like this, instead of on the internet, so I could properly beat their asses. Bullshido I don't mind, because I'm sure I could get a ninja out of this place if I really insisted, but the whole smear campaign tactic is pure MAS. I'd rather handle it with a fight and be done with it.

Also, you know this guys a fake because he handed his belt over. LOL @ getting robbed for your black belt.

Comment

''GIVE ME MY $12''!

Also, Jordan, what was your bullshido name circa 2008/2009?

Comment

No clue. I'm also not sure if I merged the accounts, tachy'ed them, changed the names, or otherwise obscured the matter. There was a lot of acid involved. Why?

Comment

Just curious..

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                  That mother fucker have shoes on, on the mat?
                  That's what I noticed! Not good.

Comment

''GIVE ME MY $12''!

Also, Jordan, what was your bullshido name circa 2008/2009?
                    For that $12, plus a service fee, I know the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                      Story?
                      Oh? We're not friends on facebook. I thought you might have seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by gold_ax666 View Post
                        Wrestling shoes on the mat are fairly common where I train. Nobody really likes to wear them but every now and then- when someone is nursing a broken toe or something of that nature- they will wear them to keep rolling until the injury heals.

That being said I wouldn't go to a new gym where people don't know me and where shoes. I'd either tape or wait until the injury heals.

Comment

Originally posted by cualltaigh View Post

Ruben Alvarez posted this video to JiuJitsu times of him outing (and de-belting) a fake BJJ Black Belt that came to his Black House Miami Beach gym to train. Enjoy.

[Click on the below link to get to the video.]

http://www.jiujitsutimes.com/video-f...move-the-belt/
                          Interesting, I'd say that's grounds for charging the guy with petit theft...battery or assault. Video won't play so don't know for sure. Would all depend.
                          Last edited by BKR; 6/26/2015 11:28am, .

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                            Interesting, I'd say that's grounds for charging the guy with petit theft...battery or assault. Video won't play so don't know for sure. Would all depend.
                            "Son, i'm writing you a citation for petty theft. You'll receive a notice to appear in the mail in 4-6 weeks"

BUT HE DIDN'T EARN IT. whine whine whine whine whine.

"Literally no one gives a shit"

Comment

Originally posted by gold_ax666 View Post
                              everyone switching names, confusing motherfuckers.

Who remember's the question? I fucking loved that guy.

Comment

"Son, i'm writing you a citation for petty theft. You'll receive a notice to appear in the mail in 4-6 weeks"

BUT HE DIDN'T EARN IT. whine whine whine whine whine.

"Literally no one gives a shit"
                                That's only if the guy who got "debelted" had any balls to begin with, which he probably doesn't, given the situation.

Point is, you can't take shit away from people who own the shit, without their permission. The guy can wear a black belt, qualified or not, and the instructor didn't have any authority (that I'm aware of) to "debelt" him. He could tell him to leave, for sure...

Anyway, I can't get video to work and don't care.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X