Ruben Alvarez de-belts fake BJJ BB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruben Alvarez de-belts fake BJJ BB

Ruben Alvarez posted this video to JiuJitsu times of him outing (and de-belting) a fake BJJ Black Belt that came to his Black House Miami Beach gym to train. Enjoy.

[Click on the below link to get to the video.]

http://www.jiujitsutimes.com/video-f...move-the-belt/

Aw, you beat me to it. I had to do this to a brown belt who showed up at my gym last week, except I kicked him the fuck out.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
      Aw, you beat me to it. I had to do this to a brown belt who showed up at my gym last week, except I kicked him the fuck out.
      Lol, in a manner that you wouldn't want a video of flying around?

Comment

"Gimme the fucking belt". Justice is served.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
          Story?

Comment

That mother fucker have shoes on, on the mat?

Comment

Wrestling shoes if the FB comments are to be believed.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                "Gimme the fucking belt". Justice is served.
                Nah, justice would've been if the video was of him getting choked out by a 4 stripe white belt.

I can't imagine rocking into an obviously legitimate gym like that and trying to pull of a purple belt let alone a brown or black. damn.
                Last edited by cualltaigh; 6/25/2015 10:05pm, . Reason: redundancy

Comment

Originally posted by cualltaigh View Post
                  Nah, justice would've been if the video was of him getting choked out by a 4 stripe white belt.

I can't imagine rocking into an obviously legitimate gym like that and trying to pull of a purple belt let alone a brown or black. damn.
                  I hope he comes back as a white belt and earns that belt. That would be the ideal outcome.

Comment

I hope he comes back as a white belt and earns that belt. That would be the ideal outcome.

What usually happens is they move, buy themselves a new black belt and try again. Google: "David Lang"

Comment

I may be getting soft in my old age, but the guy was already humiliated no need to further drag it out. A simple, "look dude, everyone in here know's you're not a blackbelt. Come back tomorrow with a white belt on and we'll start working towards it, Faggot"

Now the dude isn't going to come back, but try this shit at another gym. Do you really feel like such a big man now, Ruben Alvarez? Big, macho tough guy? You verbally scolded a middle aged man who clearly was in the midst of a mid life crisis. I'm assuming you just finished beating him in the jiu jitsu sense, cut the dude some slack and build him back up. You know, like an instructor would do.

Also, bullshit. You didn't break your leg for your blackbelt. You may have broken it on the way to you're blackbelt, but you didn't break it, and your instructor was like, "OH FUCK YEAH GIVE THIS DUDE A BLACK BELT"

Shit, if that was the case I'd be a freakin blackbelt by now anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by <plasma> View Post
                        What usually happens is they move, buy themselves a new black belt and try again. Google: "David Lang"
                        Interesting. The beth thing I got out of that search was a video of Andre Galvao break dancing on another fake black belt:

Comment

Originally posted by 3moose1 View Post
                          I may be getting soft in my old age, but the guy was already humiliated no need to further drag it out. A simple, "look dude, everyone in here know's you're not a blackbelt. Come back tomorrow with a white belt on and we'll start working towards it, Faggot"
                          You're right, you are getting soft.

I don't think anything in that video was over the top. If anything, having the video of him out there will make it harder for him to try this on somewhere else. And he wasn't totally humiliated, he was still arguing and making excuses as the video goes along.

I liken it to my own profession. It took my the best part of 9 years of study (on top of working full time in the profession) to be a fully qualified chartered accountant. If I hired a supposedly qualified accountant to work for me, who had access to my clients and I found out that they had only done a 2 week MYOB course but were "almost and accountant" I wouldn't give them a hug and say "well let's enrol you in an undergrad course on Monday and start your journey to being qualified". Hell no. GTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by cualltaigh View Post
                            You're right, you are getting soft.

I don't think anything in that video was over the top. If anything, having the video of him out there will make it harder for him to try this on somewhere else. And he wasn't totally humiliated, he was still arguing and making excuses as the video goes along.

I liken it to my own profession. It took my the best part of 9 years of study (on top of working full time in the profession) to be a fully qualified chartered accountant. If I hired a supposedly qualified accountant to work for me, who had access to my clients and I found out that they had only done a 2 week MYOB course but were "almost and accountant" I wouldn't give them a hug and say "well let's enrol you in an undergrad course on Monday and start your journey to being qualified". Hell no. GTFO.
                            Holy shit. I'm just going to start off by saying that sounds miserable.

Secondly, the two examples are simply not equal. Wahoo, you're a black belt. The lay person can't tell the difference between BJJ and Karate, nor do they care. It's simply not that serious. Hell, half the country looks at you slightly better then their 11 year old nephew who got his blackbelt in something when he was in middle school.

I'm just saying, is it worth belittling and humiliating a dude who was already humiliated? No, that's not the mature thing to do, and that's not what a decent instructor would have done.

Holy shit. I just thought about how different my response would have been when I first joined this site. Man, I'm getting old.

Comment

Interesting. The beth thing I got out of that search was a video of Andre Galvao break dancing on another fake black belt:
                              Here's Lang's one:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X