What's Your Take On This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's Your Take On This?

So, what do you folks think? Was this wrong of her or was it just a good natured prank?

http://uproxx.com/sports/2015/05/ger...eap-fake-nerd/

It's funnier when high level jits guys pretend to be white belts. Here, it seems just a bit dicky to outright whoop somebody when they're not expecting it.

Comment

Meh, there wasn't much whooping going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
        Meh, there wasn't much whooping going on.
        Not much, but a few solid hits. I just enjoyed this one a bit more:

Comment

She did a good job of hiding her athletic IQ. Maybe oversold it on the bag.

Comment

Originally posted by FinalLegion View Post
            So, what do you folks think? Was this wrong of her or was it just a good natured prank?

http://uproxx.com/sports/2015/05/ger...eap-fake-nerd/
            Seems like a good natured prank to me and it was probably good for that guys ego.

Comment

That was clearly a work.

They just filmed her doing some techniques on the guys and had them pretend they were fighting when all they were doing was acting like punching bags.

Notice how at the end she points out the 'hidden camera' but there were multiple angles of the 'fight.'

It was a promotional video for their gym.

Comment

Originally posted by BJMills View Post
                That was clearly a work.
                ssshhhh your running the fun

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
                  It's funnier when high level jits guys pretend to be white belts. Here, it seems just a bit dicky to outright whoop somebody when they're not expecting it.
                  That's how I feel when experienced wrestlers come in as new white belts. They always catch me off guard...it's the aggression factor. They don't act like white belts at all, instead of spazzing out they have a whole slew of tactics they want to try. I have to be on guard for that, and when I'm not the outcome is hilarious. Once their secret is out though I'm not so nice. Fool me once..

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                    That's how I feel when experienced wrestlers come in as new white belts. They always catch me off guard...it's the aggression factor. They don't act like white belts at all, instead of spazzing out they have a whole slew of tactics they want to try. I have to be on guard for that, and when I'm not the outcome is hilarious. Once their secret is out though I'm not so nice. Fool me once..

Yes, I'm certain they all fall prey to your elite white belt techniques once you're on to them.

Comment

Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
                      Yes, I'm certain they all fall prey to your elite white belt techniques once you're on to them.
                      Ha ha. Seriously, though, wrestlers aren't so tough, and they definitely lack of lot of versatility in their training. They sure as hell don't handle getting thrown well, since they don't train for it like we do (I'm assuming you do, I don't really know if you can grapple, do I).

The timer on your long-running joke is running out, make sure you take advantage while you can.

Never fear, pretty soon you'll get to make fun and claim I have "blue belt syndrome".

Comment

Ha ha. Seriously, though, wrestlers aren't so tough, and they definitely lack of lot of versatility in their training. They sure as hell don't handle getting thrown well, since they don't train for it like we do (I'm assuming you do, I don't really know if you can grapple, do I).

The timer on your long-running joke is running out, make sure you take advantage while you can.

Never fear, pretty soon you'll get to make fun and claim I have "blue belt syndrome".
                        Oh, so you "throw" these wrestlers?
                        Because BJJ white belts have more experience there than wrestlers do, in stand up grappling?
                        That makes sense!
                        Please describe how you do so!

I would go for gi chokes on noobs who have a wrestling background, but what do I know...

Comment

Ha ha. Seriously, though, wrestlers aren't so tough, and they definitely lack of lot of versatility in their training. They sure as hell don't handle getting thrown well, since they don't train for it like we do ...

Comment

Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
                            I would go for gi chokes on noobs who have a wrestling background, but what do I know...
                            Aggressive wrestlers is closed high guard work till they tucker themselves out and then its an omoplata sweep/finish. Don't get me wrong Gi chokes are a great tool against them just I don't feel like I am learning anything by going for it on them.
                            But yeah fuck trying to "throw" wrestlers.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                              Aggressive wrestlers is closed high guard work till they tucker themselves out and then its an omoplata sweep/finish. Don't get me wrong Gi chokes are a great tool against them just I don't feel like I am learning anything by going for it on them.
                              But yeah fuck trying to "throw" wrestlers.

That's certainly a better plan than wabbit's nonsense.

I don't like getting stacked or can-opener-ed even though I'm limber so I tend to go for the neck asap as it's often right there, and I don't anticipate them gassing any time soon.

Mostly preference and preservation, that's all.

There's some mutual benefit there too.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X