State your unpopular opinions about Martial Arts here:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scrapper View Post
    Brazilian Jiujitsu spends too much time on weird guards. Most are hyper-specific to tournament play and the time in class would be better spent training things with value outside of the IBJJF rule set.

(you said 'unpopular' right?)
    When I was able to do BJJ, the stuff I liked best was the self-defense oriented training. Where I trained had really solid stuff on that.

It was also not a fancy-guard kind of place, which was nice. Spider Guard confused me enough...

Comment

I still have trouble when people get cross-side over me, and I have to learn DelaRiva guard?

Comment

I like the parts in BJJ where we grab someone's limb and move it into a really uncomfortable position until it hurts so much they stop wanting to punch me in the face....
        "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Sovvolf View Post
          I like the parts in BJJ where we grab someone's limb and move it into a really uncomfortable position until it hurts so much they stop wanting to punch me in the face....
          A friend of mine ended his cage fight via kimura after getting tired of trying to punch out the other guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ksennin View Post
            A friend of mine ended his cage fight via kimura after getting tired of trying to punch out the other guy.
            He had spent a whole round punching at the other guy without much result and was tired as hell until it went down to the ground
            https://www.facebook.com/diogenes.go...3375836804914/
            That there may be the most feeble misguided attempt ever at a leg pickup.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X