Hello everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone!

hey, just introducing myself in newbietown.

former chunner turned bjj and MT guy, I enjoy traditional arts like cma and aikido but don't kid myself that they work. been doing Muay thai for about 6 months and BJJ for about 2 now, so i'm definitely a newb in all respects.

thanks everyone!

Oh, I forgot to add: I'm curently practicing a style of kung fu called qi lu quan, or seven roads fist. it's a pretty rare family style of kung fu that is basically five animal kung fu combined with seven star preying mantis, monkey, and eagle as well as southern styles like hung gar and even a bit of wing chun. thanks!

Comment

Hi I'm new also. I do boxing and judo. You mentioned being a former chunner; I like wing chun a lot actually. I discovered WC back in '06 and it actually helped me to integrate judo into my boxing. How are you taking to MT and BJJ?

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckles Murphy View Post
        Hi I'm new also. I do boxing and judo. You mentioned being a former chunner; I like wing chun a lot actually. I discovered WC back in '06 and it actually helped me to integrate judo into my boxing. How are you taking to MT and BJJ?
        I found I had to "unlearn" a lot of the stuff we did in WC. I have seen some WC schools that spar and teach some good stuff, but my school was unfortunately of the "2deadly4u" can't use in the the ring, r33l str33t type of thing. I'm really enjoying my current training and actually sparring is much more fun than just drilling siu lum tao over and over. Fun fact: my WC teacher was actually featured on this site, omega challenged him and hilarity ensued. his name is randy K li if you want to find the thread.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X