• Time
  • Show
Clear All

respect the sweat
    Locu5
    combat sports hobbyist

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Machette View Post
      Oh good lord. These gents are tough. Freaking men of iron!

It was 104 today but it was the only chance I had to work out at the gym for the next week and a half so I dragged my sorry ass in and got to work.

Today it was about 20 minutes of treadmill, 20 of elyptical, 20 of weights then an hour of boxing conditioning and drills.

About a minute into the second round of conditioning I gassed hard. Tried to fight through but eventually sucumbed to exaustion and the heat was not doing me any favors in the recovery department.

After fighting the urge to puke I retired to the heavy bags and knocked those around for about 40 minutes while taking frequent breaks and watching the actual boxers do actual boxing stuff (two man drills).

Some of these guys look like they're trying out for the olympics. Good lord I have a long way to go before I can even hang with them!

After the heavy bag I decided to get back to some real work and threw the sledge hammer for a while. Probably another 20 minutes alternating between the 20 and 10 lbs hammers.

Did I mention it was 104 out? Yeah. Kind of proud of myself just for nutting up and doing the hammers at all.

By this time I was fairly wrecked so I cooled down for the last 40 minutes on the stationary bike and that was a day!

Synopsis: I need to do the conditioning drills I learned daily if I ever want to be able to hang for the whole class circuit. I'm learning that even amature fighters and hobbyists in this sport
      are fit on a level that joe six pack can't even imagine. I won't even call myself a boxer in trainig until I can get through the circuit. Today I'm what R. lee Ermy would call a grabasstic piece of sub-human trash.

That's going to change. Soon.

I should also take up jogging. *shudders, vomits in mouth a little*

Osu!
      Dude, how LONG did you stay at that place for one session???

Comment

Originally posted by ksennin View Post
        Dude, how LONG did you stay at that place for one session???
        Session was three hours.

Suck a scary clown's cock, Wrabbit.

Comment

Session was three hours.

Suck a scary clown's cock, Wrabbit.
          Is he down voting these?
          Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post
            Is he down voting these?
            He was. I think he gave himself carpal tunnel and took a break.

Comment

The sad thing is these posts are old and I haven't been in a boxing gym since. (Mostly due to money and housing instability issues)
              I should change that. Nothing is impossible.

Comment

He was. I think he gave himself carpal tunnel and took a break.
                I bet he started again.

Comment

The sad thing is these posts are old and I haven't been in a boxing gym since. (Mostly due to money and housing instability issues)
                  I should change that. Nothing is impossible.
                  Yeah, this looks like a pretty cool place to train.
                  Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post
                    Yeah, this looks like a pretty cool place to train.
                    It's not there anymore. :'(

Asin closed up shop about six months after this thread was started. He was getting pretty old and there wasn't a lot of money coming in. Absolutely heartbreaking.

Redding CA is the existential​ equivalent of carrion eaters chewing a live animal that's too weak to fight back.

Comment

Asin closed up shop about six months after this thread was started. He was getting pretty old and there wasn't a lot of money coming in. Absolutely heartbreaking.

Redding CA is the existential​ equivalent of carrion eaters chewing a live animal that's too weak to fight back.
                      Well, shit. We all want the underdog to win, but they usually don't.

Comment

That sucks.
                        Combatives training log.

Drum thread

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X