Machette Gonna Get His @$$ Beat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Machette Gonna Get His @$$ Beat

I think I just found the heart of THE STREET in Redding CA. Down a shady alleyway, tucked behind a meat market lies this gem of a gym:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	4336421

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150512_200941.jpg
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	4336420

Every discipline I need more experience in at a price so cheap even the Machette and afford it.

Gonna give them a call and see about dropping in.

Training alive now motherfuckers! You think I've been cocky so far? Wait till I know more moves than "Monkey Steels Peach".

STREEEEEEEET!!!!!!

This seems like the sort of place that would either be some hidden diamond in the rough, or just a surreptitious shit sandwich. Also, that's a mighty ambiguous sign: are they saying you can buy the gym for 50 bucks, but a private is 25/hour?

Also, the listing of "Submission" is funnier to me than it probably should be. Not submission wrestling, mind you. Submission. Just the one.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadzu View Post
      This seems like the sort of place that would either be some hidden diamond in the rough, or just a surreptitious shit sandwich. Also, that's a mighty ambiguous sign: are they saying you can buy the gym for 50 bucks, but a private is 25/hour?

Also, the listing of "Submission" is funnier to me than it probably should be. Not submission wrestling, mind you. Submission. Just the one.
      I'll probably find out all the important stuff tomorrow. I'm thinking it's $50 a month, open gym. In the window is a sign saying something to the effect of "to keep our rates low everyone must pay at the first of the month. No free training."
      $25 and hour private lessons and $10 a day if you're just dropping in or not doing the open gym deal.

Honestly, even if this place is a shit hole cult it's better than where I'm at now and I'll get to hit things that hit back.

You think this place looks sketchy wait till you see the RBSD joint around the corner from it. I'll post pics of that one the next time I drive by.
      Last edited by Mr. Machette; 5/12/2015 10:26pm, .

Comment

Good lord man... where the hell are you located? When I was in Paducah KY I found "legit" hapkido and boxing. But to be fair the Boxing gym I found looked as bad if not worse.

You know the drill and how to spot a BS mecca, so good luck and keep us updated.
        I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
        BILL HICKS,
        1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
        ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
          Good lord man... where the hell are you located? When I was in Paducah KY I found "legit" hapkido and boxing. But to be fair the Boxing gym I found looked as bad if not worse.

You know the drill and how to spot a BS mecca, so good luck and keep us updated.
          lol

To be fair, there is a Team Quest in town but I imagine they're more than $50 a month.

Comment

Shit, you can learn submission for $50 a month?
            That's a steal. Most professional dominatrixes charge like, $200 an hour or more.

Comment

In many cases you get what you pay for ... just saying ...
              I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
              BILL HICKS,
              1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
              ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Depends on the style, I mean Kyokushin is honestly usually pretty cheap. It's $70 a month here at my dojo.

Comment

Originally posted by Evergrey View Post
                  Shit, you can learn submission for $50 a month?
                  That's a steal. Most professional dominatrixes charge like, $200 an hour or more.
                  Hell I used to dance for 150$ an hour plus tip ...and that was in the mid-late 90's.
                  BILL HICKS,
                  1961-1994

---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Machette, in all serious this is not only the least shadiest alleyway boxing/MMA/submission gym I've ever seen, it's like the fucking TARDIS. It's wonderful inside.

You should go there.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...32148093600394

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3600394&type=3

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 5/13/2015 12:21am, .

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                      Machette, in all serious this is not only the least shadiest alleyway boxing/MMA/submission gym I've ever seen, it's like the fucking TARDIS. It's wonderful inside.

You should go there
                      Awesome! Definitely hooking up with these cats. It's exactly what I've been missing for years.

I'm pretty sure this is a place I read a GLOWING review on when I was looking for a Judo club. Something along the lines of "Great gym, every one is super positive and supportive, I love to work out here". It said nothing of Judo though or I would have checked in sooner.

Glad my wanderings happened to bring me to their front door! I'm going to get in touch with them tomorrow morning and barring and act of god or Dan Severn sneak attack I'll be signing up next payday.

Comment

I found their channel, lots of videos.

I think the big dude above is "Coach Asin".

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHF...WYXiDsQNlNEyxg

https://www.youtube.com/user/Sargo197/videos

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 5/13/2015 1:51am, .

Comment

Asin seems to have a great reputation around here. I'm looking forward to meeting the guy.

Comment

I like the miscalculated lower-case b. SUbMISSION.

My favorite thing, though, is the tiny computer-printed "Boxing" sign that was cut out like a comic book POW! bubble to make it more eye-catching. Because it's not like they have a bigger, more visible sign advertising boxing right above the door or anything.
                            Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

I'd kill for this gym in my neighborhood.

I just hope, for your sake, that it's got decent AC, being as that you live in hell 2.0 (aka Redding). Seriously, I don't know how the concrete remains in it's solid form in July where you live.
                              Originally posted by Devil
                              That's the most Krav thing I've ever read. That's Kravver than a motherfucker...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X