Brutal and gruelling 6th dan test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    The founder of this system fucking sucks ballz.
    I have heard as much!
    How many Rising Phoenix black belts are running around out there? How many actually have their own schools?

Comment

15 blackbelts aside from me. Only 3 are actually teaching outside of our main school.

Comment

15 blackbelts aside from me. Only 3 are actually teaching outside of our main school.
        What % of those also have a Black Belt in SAMBO?

Comment

Well, 6th-dan tests in my style of karate are a formality, since 6th-10th are all honorary ranks based on your teaching and contributions to the style. I don't know from experience, but from what I understand, a panel asks to see a few kata, chosen at random from the curriculum, and that's about it. By comparison, the 6th-dan test in that video--or any serious rank test, really--truly IS more grueling.

That said, I would agree that the skill level I would expect for someone testing for such a high rank is not there. Maybe he is much more skilled than he appears in the video, and there are legitimate reasons for the disconnect, but I can only judge what I see. What I see not what I expect to see from 6th-dans, unless they have some sort of disability or health issue. I have to give them credit for sparring, grappling, and doing weapons work, because clearly they are trying to be well-rounded martial artists. The standards for skill just don't seem to be right.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
            What % of those also have a Black Belt in SAMBO?
            None. The highest rank a person needs is "purple" belt. I currently have 1 protoge that I'm grooming to take my place in that area though and I know one of the other instructors is attempting to go for his black in SAMBO.

Comment

None. The highest rank a person needs is "purple" belt. I currently have 1 protoge that I'm grooming to take my place in that area though and I know one of the other instructors is attempting to go for his black in SAMBO.
              For your SAMBO black belt includes fairly comprehensive striking skill set right?

Comment

For your SAMBO black belt includes fairly comprehensive striking skill set right?
                Nah, decent striking skills I wouldn't say that comprehensive. Enough for you to fight in an amateur kickboxing match.

Comment

Nah, decent striking skills I wouldn't say that comprehensive. Enough for you to fight in an amateur kickboxing match.
                  Isn't an amateur fight or two a requirement? or was that for something else?

Comment

Isn't an amateur fight or two a requirement? or was that for something else?
                    Sort of. Either they do an amateur fight or we make them do an mma fight for their test during the testing.

Comment

Well I need a new profession anyways so its time to go live with Omega and become his First Kung Fu & Sambo Black Belt.
                      So bro you have a couple extra bedrooms for a family of 3?

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsumusha View Post
                        Well, 6th-dan tests in my style of karate are a formality, since 6th-10th are all honorary ranks based on your teaching and contributions to the style.
                        We test right up to 8th dan, and it's an honest to god test although I won't deny that there are some politics involved in the decision at the upper ranks. The 8th dan kendo test is the hardest test to pass in Japan for anything, including the bar, chartered accountant, what have you. The pass rate is under 1%.

Comment

Dan Severn looks down at his phallus once more.

Dan Severn: So many notches, and yet they've barely even lifted off the base. My cock is vast.

Edit: You could totally imagine Severn saying that, right?

Comment

Originally posted by NeilG View Post
                            We test right up to 8th dan, and it's an honest to god test although I won't deny that there are some politics involved in the decision at the upper ranks. The 8th dan kendo test is the hardest test to pass in Japan for anything, including the bar, chartered accountant, what have you. The pass rate is under 1%.
                            This got me curious, so I looked into what the test entailed and felt my testicles empathetically retract into my abdomen at the thought of it. Out of curiosity, are there any set procedures for 9-10th dan (if the ranks exist, mind you), or is it just one of those "promoting the sport" and/or unattainable things?

Comment

Originally posted by NeilG View Post
                              The 8th dan kendo test is the hardest test to pass in Japan for anything, including the bar, chartered accountant, what have you. The pass rate is under 1%.
                              What does it entail?

Comment

Well I need a new profession anyways so its time to go live with Omega and become his First Kung Fu & Sambo Black Belt.
                                So bro you have a couple extra bedrooms for a family of 3?
                                The question you should ask is if I have a vacant room. I actually do have a rental unfortunately it is occupied.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X