Brutal and gruelling 6th dan test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Well to his credit at least they try to cover all ranges of martial arts.
    I didn't see any examples of the weeping-in-the-fetal position range, which is the one in which these guys are most likely to find themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
      Poorly performed even for a blue belt like the one he's wearing.
      Oh, for sure, I was just shocked to see him even attempt legit grappling techniques amidst this flurry of rolling punch-nonsense and kote gaeshis. Compared to a lot of crap I've seen, this guy impressed me just by the variety of stuff he was (half-assedly) pulling out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadzu View Post
        Some of the grappling bits around the 1:30-mark weren't terrible (the techniques themselves, anyhow, the execution didn't scream 6th Dan). The rear body-lock defense at around 1:10 made me curious, can someone more savvy than myself confirm it as a crappy soto makikomi (sp?) kind of deal? If so, I remember seeing the same technique on the technique forums here, so this guy was honestly a lot better than I thought (though the striking/breaking bits were pretty horrendous).
        His resume says 3rd stripe blue under Royce Gracie (system). If anything guys he may be deluded but at least he's honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
          His resume says 3rd stripe blue under Royce Gracie (system). If anything guys he may be deluded but at least he's honest.
          Royce should reconsider his grading standards, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
            Royce should reconsider his grading standards, IMO.
            It has been my observation that GJJ tends to have a much lower standard for blue belt than BJJ(sport) does.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
              It has been my observation that GJJ tends to have a much lower standard for blue belt than BJJ(sport) does.
              Modern days it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Guird View Post
                It says 6th dan superfoot...
                I doubt a former full contact champion like Bill Wallace has such lax standards. is there any way we can verify this rank?
                actually, has the superfoot system actually produced any decent fighters since Bill Wallace himself?

Also, if anyone cares, the only competition claim of his specific enough to follow is true... at least sort of. the wkta 2013 world championship results list an 'Andi Grittenden' as category 1041 winner in 'self defense traditional teams (no music)'. http://wtkainternational.com/allstyl...ionships-2013/

Not that it says much.

a quick search also turned up footage of his his 'sport sword' british championship. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBJhktLWBG8
                I'm sure those with some weapon experience will get some lulz out of it.

To be fair, that's still infinitely more than my accomplishments.
                Our friend gmmc over in the WOMAACA thread is certified in the Wallace Superfoot "system".

Maybe he can shed some light on it.

Comment

Originally posted by itwasntme View Post
                  He's legit.
                  Dan Severn examines the notches etched into his cock.

Dan Severn: Oh yes... Crittenden. Her was a squealer.

Comment

Comment

OP's video should be a opening for the next Tekken game

Comment

Simply awful. Nothing there screams 6th Dan at me. It's Kyu grade at best. The Blue Belt in Jiujitsu can be documented, but the rank from Hoskins is a distance thing; he's based in St. Louis, MO.

Comment

The grappling was the only thing that seemed to have any sort of quality to it, it looked like real honest to goodness 2 strip white belt grappling complete with aliveness and timing not very good timing but much better than everything else in the video.

Comment

Coming into this thread late, but why are we bagging on this poor guy? I've seen far worse 6th dans and even 10th dans. At least they spar and grapple.

Comment

To be fair to him I must admit I, like others in this thread, like that fact that what he is doing covers all ranges, breaking, weapons, groundwork etc.

Conversely the boards being broken are scored along the middle which is pointless and a shame.

The gist of this is that this does not denote what a typical 6th dan black belt should be.

I stand to be corrected on my next point too but I personally feel that this chap could benefit from losing a few pounds of weight which would not only help him in his martial arts but also be indicative of wearing a belt which should promote a healthy lifestyle amongst other things.

For those of you disagreeing with the weight thing I understand but I won't be changing my opinion on this. I would not personally turn up at a grading that overweight as I would not have put everything I could into the process.

Comment

Originally posted by gold_ax666 View Post
                                To be fair to him I must admit I, like others in this thread, like that fact that what he is doing covers all ranges, breaking, weapons, groundwork etc.

Conversely the boards being broken are scored along the middle which is pointless and a shame.

The gist of this is that this does not denote what a typical 6th dan black belt should be.

I stand to be corrected on my next point too but I personally feel that this chap could benefit from losing a few pounds of weight which would not only help him in his martial arts but also be indicative of wearing a belt which should promote a healthy lifestyle amongst other things.

For those of you disagreeing with the weight thing I understand but I won't be changing my opinion on this. I would not personally turn up at a grading that overweight as I would not have put everything I could into the process.
                                He certainly doesn't appear to be in the best of shape, but I've seen a lot of guys with a chubby/fat build that have cardio coming out of their ears. Some folks just lost the genetic lottery on that count. Mind you, I don't necessarily think our friend here is an example of this, and looking at how awkwardly a lot of these striking techniques are executed I'd say he's a bit lacking in his ABCs (Agility, Balance, Coordination), but it bears mention. Having no knowledge of this guy's workout schedule, or the intensity of his classes, it's hard to say if he either hasn't developed much through martial arts, or was in even worse shape before picking it up and has seen some possibly significant gains.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X