Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brutal and gruelling 6th dan test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clxAqnoM1yw

Take notes! I don't think I've ever seen anyone quite so tough.

Oh god. I've encountered this guy in various UK FB groups. I didn't realise he was quite this...special.

Comment

oh dear...

well, at least they spar.
      sort of.

Comment

His resume

http://www.andycmartialarts.co.uk/in...ndy-crittenden

Comment

As well as his Instructor’s Andy has trained with many great Martial Artists from around the world including...Dan Severn...
          He's legit.

Comment

"Multi Skilled martial arts"?

Comment

As I was watching I was like well that is kind of half okay training, it looks like they might at least have a slight clue about what they're doing

and then the part with signing a certificate happened to remind me I had to reconcile what I just saw with the phrase '6th Dan' and I died inside

Comment

I've never seen graham crackers in a breaking test before.

Comment

Well to his credit at least they try to cover all ranges of martial arts.

Comment

Some of the grappling bits around the 1:30-mark weren't terrible (the techniques themselves, anyhow, the execution didn't scream 6th Dan). The rear body-lock defense at around 1:10 made me curious, can someone more savvy than myself confirm it as a crappy soto makikomi (sp?) kind of deal? If so, I remember seeing the same technique on the technique forums here, so this guy was honestly a lot better than I thought (though the striking/breaking bits were pretty horrendous).

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
                      Well to his credit at least they try to cover all ranges of martial arts.

Some of the grappling wasn't so bad in terms of techniques attempted. Not black belt level (IMO), but not horrible in principle.

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
                        I've never seen graham crackers in a breaking test before.
                        Its always great to have smores after a test.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadzu View Post
                          Some of the grappling bits around the 1:30-mark weren't terrible (the techniques themselves, anyhow, the execution didn't scream 6th Dan). The rear body-lock defense at around 1:10 made me curious, can someone more savvy than myself confirm it as a crappy soto makikomi (sp?) kind of deal? If so, I remember seeing the same technique on the technique forums here, so this guy was honestly a lot better than I thought (though the striking/breaking bits were pretty horrendous).
                          The body lock makikomi counter is legit.

Comment

It says 6th dan superfoot...
                            I doubt a former full contact champion like Bill Wallace has such lax standards. is there any way we can verify this rank?
                            actually, has the superfoot system actually produced any decent fighters since Bill Wallace himself?

Also, if anyone cares, the only competition claim of his specific enough to follow is true... at least sort of. the wkta 2013 world championship results list an 'Andi Grittenden' as category 1041 winner in 'self defense traditional teams (no music)'. http://wtkainternational.com/allstyl...ionships-2013/

Not that it says much.

a quick search also turned up footage of his his 'sport sword' british championship. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBJhktLWBG8
                            I'm sure those with some weapon experience will get some lulz out of it.

To be fair, that's still infinitely more than my accomplishments.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadzu View Post
                              Some of the grappling bits around the 1:30-mark weren't terrible (the techniques themselves, anyhow, the execution didn't scream 6th Dan).
                              Poorly performed even for a blue belt like the one he's wearing.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X